World of Warcraft Live Action Movies

So far there has been only one major live action move titled “Warcraft” 2016. Trailer Below text.

Hopefully we may see more Wow movies released in the future. What would you want to see in the next Wow Movies. What characters, stories, places, events from World of Warcraft the game would you like to see depicted in the next Wow Live action major motion picture?

Here’s the Trailer for the first:

3 Likes

Oh we’re doing this thread again.

1 Like

I just wish the first one wasn’t such a flop cuz we all know Arthas on screen for the third would basically crush the box office

7 Likes

Hopefully we will never get anything warcraft related targeted at normies with breaking lore.

2 Likes

Eh, maybe.

Personally I’d like to see them do an animated show, Vox Machina style, that just follows a team of heroes progressing through all of the expansions. Like do the whole Katrina Prestor/Onyxia storyline with the missing king plot leading up to the Onyxia raid and that’s a whole season there, with some side stories peppered in. Do the Blackrock Mountain storylines with Ragnaros and Nefarian and that’s another season easy.

6 Likes

Eh, I’d rather see them make an animated series on the level of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. The movie was certainly a spectacle, but for anyone that knows the lore of Warcraft it was kind of terrible. They changed quite a bit of the lore to the point that the movie is basically it’s own universe.

Maybe they could re-tell the events of the various Warcraft novels in an animated series. I feel like that would be more digestible for people than having to go back and read like a dozen, hundreds of pages long books.

2 Likes

Honestly, a movie isn’t the right vehicle for the breadth and depth of WoW. It really needs a long term series similar to LOTR on Amazon.

2 Likes

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves shows that there is still some interest for a movie based on a franchise. But if you have a bad script/ bad acting the movie will still tank. (Unless the actor(s) acknowledge that the movie’s a stinker, embrace that it can’t be saved, and then goes over the top with their acting which elevates the movie to “Bad But Still Have To See It.” like Raul Julia and Street Fighter.)

1 Like

Nothing else to be said.

They should have started the first movie with the current WoW time. I think it was WotLK, then people into WoW who have not read the books can relate to the movie. I think that was their mistake.

Personally, I loved the movie, but then again, I liked the movie Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wasn’t a fan of how they changed the lore, but I also understand it’s a movie… It’s got limited time unless you wanna go LOTR on it which works sometimes but not always. However, I will say the graphics looked fantastic. Loved the character designs and such.

And that was one too many.

Preferably for me would be a GOT or Last of Us style HBO series. It’s a pipe dream, mind, but one can dream :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Maybe WoW movies will never be successful because the entire story just isn’t very good.

3 Likes

Brad Pitt?

Have you ever compared source material to a movie spielberg produces? JPark, for example? They change those things for a reason and it doesn’t end at predictive programming

Not really in depth studied it, I’ve mostly just read x book and then watched x movie and noticed the differences. I assumed things were changed for a reason, writing and filming are different things. :slight_smile:

They didn’t really need to try and come up with new ways of explaining things. The plot was laid out and written for them. All they needed to do was act it out. They failed at it. I’m not sure if they are capable of even doing the basic Warcraft plot correctly.

1 Like

I had high hopes for this but with how long it took to even make etc, I can’t see them doing another movie, despite rumors that I think Lionsgate or someone is planning a soft reboot.

I’m all for it though, I think the IP has great potential to have some awesome trilogy.

It doesn’t need to be extremely hardcore faithful to the franchise but just enough that it respects it so to speak since the movie, in order to have a wider appeal, needs to be able to be digested by the general public without being lectured over the head on who is who, why this is happening or that is happening.

I think Jacksons LOTR did it nicely [not the hobbit but the original LOTR trilogy]. There was a narration of the events in places, it took some creative liberties but I think it delivered a solid passion film to Tolkiens work.

The WoW film for me just stunk on all fronts.

they picked awful timeline for the first movie and so
they dropped the project of “warcraft movies” because it was failure

1 Like