World of Warcraft keeps crashing my computer

Hello to anyone concerned

Ever since the update, the game keeps freezing up before it crashes my computer at random intervals. I have unchecked all the options at the bottom of the Graphics screen as well freeing up disc space to 25%, I do not have any addons, and my drivers are up to date. But today, it still crashed while I was doing the Radiant Echos event in Northrend with my Mage.

EDIT: Tried again with no other programs running in the background and had repaired Windows System files before. I still got the same thing while running a dungeon.

2 Likes

I too am frustrated and disappointed with the current state of World of Warcraft following the launch of ā€œThe War Withinā„¢ Pre-Expansion Content Update.ā€ Since this update went live, the game has been completely unplayable for me.

I have followed every step suggested by the customer support team, including:

• Performing a fresh installation of Windows.
  • Reinstalling the game.
  • Ensuring all my drivers are fully up to date.

Unfortunately, despite these efforts, nothing has resolved the issues, and the game remains unplayable.

I am in the midst of reinstalling WoW and Iā€™m going to see if that works. I am not sure if this is on mine or their end as these crashes only started this week.

EDIT: Okay, so, uninstalling and reinstalling seemed to make it not crash. I played about two hours with no problems so far. Iā€™m probably going to keep an eye on it just in case.

22 posts were split to a new topic: WoW crashing

Thereā€™s currently some gpu problems with the ā€˜additional gpu featuresā€™ options at the bottom of the graphics settings. Additionally having a render scale set that isnā€™t exactly 1.0 can cause the game to crash out with a memory access violation when it tries to draw a 3d asset as part of the ui (talking head, unit frames, etc)

I am having same issues ā€“ it causes my computer to crash, not just a game disconnect . Iā€™ve done most of the same things others have (including scan and repairs and re-install), no luck. Newest issue, walking into my Garrison Keep (WoD) causes a crash with any toon, and to fix temporarily I have log in and hearth out. What a total screw up this xpac is, very aggravating.

Yea, I still am having these issues. From what I checked out in other threads, it may be an Intel issue

I have the issue as well, but on Ryzen 5800x3d, never had any problem since yesterday, now WOW keep crashing my PC.

Ah, I see. Well, in any case, Iā€™m probably going to wait until the next weekly update. Hopefully, it will get it fix and if not, they give out an actual solution.

EDIT: So, I decided to play WoW again today despite wanting to wait until the next update. This time, after looking into other threads with this problem, I played without opening up my map for the most part. I managed to play for over two and a half hours so it may have been the map. I will keep an eye on it just in case.