World Of Warcraft Instantly Crashes when I click Launch

I too use Mac And recieved the same error.Can not fix it .Tried many times.Blitzz has yet to reply or fix ??

Same problem here. Mac OS Big Sur

Yep me too, Mac OS!

Anyone have any luck. Even with the small update this morning, I’m still having the same, “The application encountered an unexpected error.” Blizzard hates Mac users? :slight_smile:

I also submitted a ticket so hoping they see this as an issue affecting a number of people.

2 Likes

It must be the World of Warcraft.app issue located in: /Application/World of Warcraft/retail/World of Warcraft.app

Anyone have the original DF WoW.app file?

I am having the same issue. I’m so annoyed. Also, mac user. Are we just being left out in the cold?!

1 Like

Same here. I have a 2017 iMac. Been playing WoW on it with no problems until the new patch came out. I can log in and into character screen but once I choose a character and go into the world, after ten seconds the whole game freezes and then crashes. Thought they were doing maintenance to the game today but that just proved useless to us.

3 Likes

after 15 years of playing Ive never been left in the dark like this. so Ive decided to cancel my subscription. they don’t deserve a penny more from me. every single Mac user is getting screwed over. not a single word from blizzard. awfully run company.

4 Likes

I am an iMAC user and I can’t get pass PLAY. I have been unable to log in to WOW since the maintenance took place on 24 JAN 2023. When I attempt to log in, I get an error that states “The application encountered an unexpected error”. It gives a “Report ID”, but that changes each time I try to log in.

2 Likes

I am a MAC user myself and I can’t get pass PLAY. I have been unable to log in to WOW since the maintenance took place on 24 JAN 2023. When I attempt to log in, I get an error that states “The application encountered an unexpected error”. It gives a “Report ID”, but that changes each time I try to log in.

1 Like

295E524A-B553-4C2E-B908-22DD241E4225.This is the reference it shows after "the application encountered an unepected error.Although itchanges everytime you reopen the error.Also did the cache thing and unistalled and reinstalled the program.i udated the program and scan and repair it .all to no avail

I am a MAC user myself and I can’t get pass PLAY. I have been unable to log in to WOW since the maintenance took place on 24 JAN 2023. When I attempt to log in, I get an error that states “The application encountered an unexpected error”. It gives a “Report ID”, but that changes each time I try to log in.

Why aren’t they answering anybody? ffs!

2 Likes

Blizzard is running poor business.I sent my report in over 2 days ago and have heard no reply.Recieved an email 2 days ago stating i would be contacted soon. I have yet to recieve any update or reply

2 Likes

I’ve been looking around at some other threads and found this thread which tells us how to fix the “issue”.

The fix is that we have to upgrade our older iMacs (2015 or older) to newer ones and upgrade to the Ventura O/S. Well, I for one will not be doing that. Before I read the thread above, I considered buying a gaming PC which would have cost me around $1500 with a monitor, but after reading their “fix” to upgrading to Ventura O/S, meaning I am being forced to upgrade my perfectly fine machine, I’ve decided to just cancel my subscription and will be writing Blizzard off. Good luck to you all, whatever you decide, but I for one will not “herded” or forced to play their game.

1 Like

I’ve done all the this they suggest too, but I am still not able to get past the black screen with cursor then crash. Make a ticket but have gotten nothing yet.

Not all of us is running older Macs (2015 or older). And some has updated to macOS Ventura. But still receiving the issue (1st comment said it did not work).

2 Likes

I’m tired of Blizzard not responding to all of these complaints. I’m still not able to play after launching whether it be my Mac desktop or Mac laptop…

3 Likes

This is ridiculous. Im going away with friends next week and we really wanted to play WoW together… but apparently, I can’t because I use a Mac?! Come on Blizz… we just want a response. If they just said “Hey, we know this is a problem and we are working on it, and it may take a few days.” This wouldn’t be no shi**y.

1 Like

Howdy!

Locking this thread as it was posted out side of the Mac forums. We have a tracking thread on this issue Here. We will update the community once we have more information to share in that thread.

Thank you!