World Of Warcraft Instantly Crashes when I click Launch

I cannot figure out why I can’t launch this program.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the program
Renamed the program files
Ive cleared Cache
Ive updated Mac OS to the most recent
I’ve tried everything for the last 3 hours trying to get on. Can anyone please tell me what I can do to actually launch this?

12 Likes

I’m having the same exact issues and keep getting “The application encountered an unexpected error.”

9 Likes

me as well. I saw a msg earlier about known issues, but figured everything is fine.

3 Likes

Mine is doing the same. Game was functioning just fine, until the program update happened. Can’t get into the game. Tried everything I am able to do with my limited abilities. Does Blizzard actually read these things, because nothing seems to be happening about it and there are a substantial amount of messages about the same issue.

4 Likes

Here is the error - The application encountered an unexpected error. Also on a Mac. I did NOT open a ticket, as I see other people reporting the same.

6 Likes

This is hapening to a lot of mac users been like this for the whole day not able to launch the app. not sure how blizz is going to fix this maybe after the server shutdown at 7am?

6 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Opened a ticket yesterday but no response yet.

2 Likes

Same issue (also on a Mac) but interestingly enough I am able to launch “classic”. Come on Blizz…there are ALOT of us out here that would like some info as to what is going on!

6 Likes

Same issue here on occasion, sometimes it will let me in the game world only to disconnect me a few moments later.

1 Like

Same issue here… on Mac OS as well. I launch the game, mouse cursor changes to the glove and appears that the game has launched… but before I get to the login screen it instantly closes and “The application encountered an unexpected error” message pops up to send Blizzard.

No mention of this issue from Blizzard… are Mac players just getting neglected here?

7 Likes

Update to my ticket: I was given an automated response suggesting several generic fixes which weren’t relevant to my issue. I responded to keep the ticket open, reiterated the issue and attached a new System Report.

What I’ve tried so far with no luck:
Rebooted
Reinstalled Battle.net (x2)
Reinstalled WoW (x2)
Updated OS
Deleted Cache, Interface and WTF folders

2 Likes

I hope they get this resolved by the time I get home from work today, very dissapointing this patch went live with issues like this.

3 Likes

Thread in the Mac forum about this might want to post there.

5 Likes

I came to the forums to see a fix… and yup! Having the same issue on macOS Catalina.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem! I also have a Mac and Mac laptop. Both are doing the same thing.
How do we get an answer that actually fixes the problem???

1 Like

yep…Mac OS Catalina…

I appears we are not getting an answer. I think they closed or something.

1 Like

Same. Mac OS Big Sur

I haven’t been able to play since since the 1/24 patch. I can get to the character select screen and even try to log a toon on thats not located in Dragon Isles but it crashes after hitting the load screen. My main that I logged out in Waking Shores crashes if I even try to select him before hitting Enter World.

1 Like

I’ve tried everything that’s been posted here. Also on a Mac Catalina OS. Nothing’s working and the ticket I submitted last night received an answer. Tried what they suggested and still no positive results. Might be a sign for me to cancel my subscription again.

2 Likes