World of Warcraft Expansion Rankings

Ah…ok. Now I understand. You were one of those people. That’s why you hate Mists.

4 Likes

Why you hated Legion?

1 Like

Because my ex ruined it for me.

A lot of us looked past the childish aspects of MoP and at the game itself, its systems, its storytelling and development, and just overall how the expansion played out. It was an outstanding expansion. Judge it in its entirety.

8 Likes

My list from best to worst:

Legion
Vanilla (for it’s time)
WOTLK
MOP
Cataclysm
BC
Dragonflight (sor far)
WOD
Shadowlands
BFA

I’m gonna bet it is going to be:
Artifact. Power.

For me it was Artifact Power and the necessity of must have legendary items that made your spec actually work smoothly.

2 Likes

Why you hated BC?

i was actually also “that” person. instantly hated mop simply because of the kung fu panda reason. then i played it. and after playing it start to finish it is not only the best xpac it was also the xpac when every class and spec was at their pinnacle of both fun and performance.

5 Likes

I replayed the panda missions and content and no it was bad, annoying and childish.

I can bet they put DF over WoD for the controversy ad bucks.

Hate is a strong word, but I didn’t like outlands and it was the first time I’ve noticed that the story really isn’t all that good in this game, the more you start thinking about. Still miles better than what we have now of course.:sweat_smile:

DF
Legion
Wrath
Shadowlands
MoP
Burning Crusade
Vanilla
BfA
WoD
Cata

In order of best to worst IMO, based off a mixed of my thoughts when they were current and looking back at them now.

It was a complete new continent with new things to do and a good story based on the original WC3, fixed the shortcomings of vanilla and added fun stuff, plus demons, and you get to kill Illidan and Kaelthas.

I don’t like that expansion, sorry I guess? :sweat_smile:

But I’m happy for you for enjoying bc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine will exclude vanilla and tbc since I wasn’t around for those (the classic versions don’t count imo).

Legion
MoP
DF (based upon so far)
Cata
SL
Wrath
BfA
WoD

Thats in best to worst order

One surprising thing these threads always underscore:

Cata has aged far better than anyone at the time would have predicted.

5 Likes

The best expansion is the one you had the most fun with.

Hell, it could even be shadowlands if that was your jam.

Personally, for me, it was TBC.

The world just felt very alive back then.
People like Nhym (sp?) and oxhorn were making really funny youtube videos. My guild was successful and there was always something to do in game. I was playing a 70 of every class, and it was just a great time to play the game. I could tell someone I was playing WoW and they would say something like “Oh cool, my brother plays that” I also picked up the RPG and ended up running that for over a decade. I actually liked it more than the base 3.5 edition.

TLDR the game was a whole culture back then, and it wasn’t fragmented like it is now.

Your choice and reasons may vary.

8 Likes

Everything good about Cata comes from the things it DID NOT CHANGED.

Absolutely! All zones are pretty fun to play in right now, and if you go back to complete achieves or run the raids, they are entertaining as hell.

Also… amazing transmog all around. There is a reason there are so many “Fireland Andy’s” running around.