Dragonflight (so far)
Warlords of Draenor
Mists of Pandaria
Battle for Azeroth
Shadowlands

Sources: IMDB, Metacritic, Mobygames

10 Likes

This thread is going to be good. :popcorn:

I would like to extend one particular swap to have Cata at least ‘good’. The revamped EK/Kalimdor quests and environment is really good.

6 Likes

Copypasted some snippets from questionable sources, without adding any input or personal thought… on a topic beat to death.

Trolling really has taken a turn for the worst. I didnt even get a laugh outta this post :zipper_mouth_face:

11 Likes

Fair-ish… It’s better than the the real stank-bombs, but it’s still too early to say that it ranks with the greats.

In six to nine months, I figure we’ll have enough information.

ETA: I disagree with MoP’s place in the scale. It should be in the “pretty good” tier, not the “stank-bomb” tier.

4 Likes

I started in Cataclysm. So I’ll only include Cataclym and Forward.

The Best:
MoP
Dragonflight
Legion.
I love all of these expansions, it’s genuinely hard to tell you which one I really consider the best.

The Rest, in order.
Cataclysm: I really loved Cata, It has my favorite zones and races, and had finalized the clunky talent tree design of the earlier expansions.

Warlord of Draenor: The Only Failure of Warlords was Cut content, and therefore lack of content. The Legendary questline, challenge mode dungeons, and raids were all great.

Battle for Azeroth: The Second Worst expansion as far as obnoxious daily grinds go. Horrible player progression and power systems. Chores every day

Shadowlands: World of Chorecraft. Player was expected to maintain daily grinds, and constantly get character progress that was unrelated to gear, by doing unfun content. Renown, Conduits, Legendaries, all horrible.

11 Likes

I disagree with the list based on my experience through them but I understand why they were criticized at the time of release.

For me:

Wrath
Mists
TBC
Cata
Legion
BFA
Warlords
SL

I think its ridiculous and way too early to judge DF, especially when it is carrying a lot of Blizzard hate that is not related to the game itself but the companies reputation, as well as the aftertaste of SL.

I truly believe that SL is the worse expansion they’ve released, in terms of story telling, systems, and design. It had the most potential to be something incredibly amazing, and then it didn’t.

I would take a last patch BFA with all its mistakes over SL any day of the week.

Also, I am one of the few people that actually enjoyed Cataclysm thoroughly when it came out and Firelands is in my opinion still a top 5 best patch ever released in this game.

And although my #1 is Wrath, because I lived through the epic saga of the Lich King, Mist of Pandaria is unquestionably and objectively THE best expansion and representation of World of Warcraft to date. It hit 10/10 on all the elements, with the single sore exception of the ETERNAL Siege of Orgrimmar.

7 Likes

trolls going to troll, white knights going to white knight…

2 Likes

I do agree with this. It’s not fair to DF to be compared to SL or BfA in the negative ways some do, and it is not fair to compare it in a positive way in this regard. It’s doing things right, but there’s plenty of expansion left to go.

4 Likes

Agree, but these are what most gamers have rated so far on the sources i posted, for me personally Pandaria is the worst, but the majority decided it has its strengths…

2 Likes

I don’t put them in a numbered order anymore. I just rank them like this:

Awesome: Classic, TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP
Not bad: Legion
Meh: BfA, DF
Bad: WoD, SL

3 Likes

I need to be entertainted! What else is GD for? :100:

None of these are organized in proper order

Great tier

Pandaria
WoTLK
Cata

Good tier

Legion
Warlords (start of xpac)
DF

Bad tier

TBC
BFA
Warlords (rest of xpac)
SL

3 Likes

I’ll never understand why people rate BC highly. I don’t think I’ll ever want to understand.

5 Likes

MOP
BC
WOTLK
WOD
CATA
VANILLA
DRAGONFLIGHT
LEGION
SHADOWLANDS
BFA

Source: 20 year Veteran whose been here since orcs vs humans and tides of darkness. Playing on a Compaq Presario 4540. The first of his name and the first to have his mother run sammiches down to a real basement for snacks. ME.

5 Likes

Rankings based on only one factor: My own personal enjoyment.

1 TBC
2 Vanilla
3 Wrath
4 Legion
5 BFA
6 SL
7 WoD
8 MoP
9 DF
10 CATA

1 Like

Cute opinions

MoP worse than WoD? Tell 'em they’re dreaming.

Dragonflight needs to be over before it receives a comparison rating if that rating is to be taken seriously.

5 Likes

Same as me hearing the whitest of knights rating pandaria even over wrath…

Vanilla
TBC
Wrath
Cat
MoP
WoD
Legion
BfA
Slands
current

I think that’s the correct order.

4 Likes

It is what the majority gamers have ranked on those sources, but cute opinion anyways.