World of Warcraft Expansion Rankings

You are not prepared!!!

Has a lot to do with actual good story telling back then. Their raids were fun too.

4 Likes

90% is because it was their first expansion of the game, so nostalgia kicks in.
Also, back then there was A LOT more people playing the game, friends and a very different internet population. All that factors into why it was more “fun”, whether the expansion itself was good or not.

It was also kinda the best out there at the time. Not much MMOs had the quality of WoW back then. That tends to stick in people’s mind.

With Classic TBC all that shattered lol

7 Likes

Good point, but you left after cata right?

Thanks?ㅤㅤㅤ

More or less:

Wrath
TBC
Mists
Legion
BfA
Cataclysm
SL
WoD

Still too early to call DF on where it will fall historically. So far, it’s not at the top of the list.

MoP over Legion, really?

2 Likes

Im not a white knight over Mists, but why you hate it so?

1 Like

I enjoyed TBC but I also was as kid back then. Pretty sure I’d hate it now.

That’s how I would rank them.

Maybe.

For a great many people, BC was what destroyed their original pre-BC raiding guild.

1 Like

I don’t think it was that simple.

Back in the day, we had EQ and other smaller MMOs then WoW came out and blew every thing else out of the water. Then they released an xpac that blew vanilla out of the water.

So yeah it’s nostalgia that made players scream for TBC server but it was an amazing xpac at the time.

2 Likes

Agree. For me the WoW Beta before Vanilla was horrendous, then BC fixed the wrongs and added what Vanilla lacked, so it was good and the start of the rising of WoW.

3 Likes

Here’s mine: It is similar to the first one:
Wrath
TBC
Classic (not an expansion I know)
Cata
DF
Legion
MOP
WOD
BFA
SL

2 Likes

I’d say mine is similar to most:

Vanilla (major nostalgia reasons)
Wrath
Cata
BC
Legion
MoP
WoD
BfA
SL

2 Likes

DF have potential to be better than Legion yes, but time will tell, so far DF is below Legion.

I did. My sub for DF ends in a couple days, still debating on renewing after valor cap was removed.

Even the grinding was fun.

3 Likes

For me Its
MoP
BFA
WoD
Shadowlands
Dragonflight
Wrath
TBC
Vanilla
Legion

MoP over Wrath? You like kung fu pandas and oriental mysticism over paladins and evil undead Kings? cute.

I liked the puzzles for dungeon pulls, really fun to tank. Hide in this corner, I’m going to call them over to fight. Healing them with tanks rushing the casters was interesting.