World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic Deep Dive

Please increase the gold cap to at least 5k for server transfers immediately. We want to play with our friends and not get penalized as we are saving for our epic flying mount!

You’re totally missing the point. This is important because it will attract new players to TBC to replace the ones who are staying in Classic. You act as if the one-button leveling grind is somehow meaningful or important. It’s not.

1 Like

No dude, Res is a thing in BC. PVP blues will be fine.

@Blizzard, please tell us how you plan to address the wildly inflated Classic economy in the transition to TBC. I can barely afford to raid because so many players are buying gold and AH prices are rising 50% a month.

1 Like

I think you’re projecting.

First of all, the already existing Classic Servers is going to PROGRESS into BC. With that being said, you can level up a character with friends, RIGHT NOW, to prepare for when BC comes. Classic ONLY players will make their choice to move OFF said “Progression Servers” and onto the “new” set of Classic Era Type of Server (in this case, Classic). Second of all, this ruins the BC experience for ME, and I will NEVER accept this version as “BC”. I will call it “BC+ Lite”.

No, I’m acting like it goes against what I believe the BC integrity is SUPPOSED to be, and I don’t believe that a Level 58 Boost aligns with that.

And, that’s YOUR opinion. I believe that it does. Which is why I like the Classic version of the game better, since it’s integrity is in tact, unlike BC, IMO, OFC.

1 Like

I am so excited for this, all my characters are going forward into the next expansion. I am looking forward to getting Blood Elves again, I am going to add more to the horde side of my character list, right now they are mostly Alliance.

I liked a lot of the changes in gameplay that came with Burning Crusade in the past, and am looking forward to some of those changes in the future.

I know some people aren’t going to want to change over, and I am glad that they get the choice, but I am looking forward to my classic characters future!

4 Likes

Integrity?!? If the only thing you’re worried about is boosts, you weren’t listening to the talks at all. I’d suggest you go review them because you are focused on the wrong thing. This release is going to be complete rewrite of TBC.

Just buy a boost on new rogue

Yes.

I was listening and DISAGREED! It’s VERY simple!

I’ve re-watched and reviewed it, MULTIPLE times, already.

I was focused on the RIGHT thing, for ME. Not for Blizz nor anyone else but for ME.

EXACTLY! We agree! Therefore because it’s a “complete rewrite”, I don’t feel (keyword) it holds integrity to its original. It’s THAT simple! I DISAGREE with Blizzard’s decision, and you’re NOT going to change my mind. Period.

I really want to know about the buffs and nerfs. For example, I want to play Moonkin this time around from the start. In original BC Moonkin really only became usable when the hyjal raid was current raid content. When starfire refreshed moonfire. Will moonkin be viable or is it just a fleeting dream and that forces me to healbot again.

3 Likes

Back when TBC originally came out, players were not given the choice to skip 99% of the base game, with level 58 character boosts. When you purchased TBC, their was a disclaimer on the box saying World of Warcraft base game NEEDED for play. If you were a new player that decided to join WoW during TBC back then, you purchased the game and created a character starting at LEVEL 1 like everyone else. And that is how it should be now going into TBC “CLASSIC”. Period.

6 Likes

please address dead/dying servers! S.O.S.

1 Like

Arena season 1 gear will trash on T5 simply because of resilience. Shouldn’t be a concern at all.

The problem is the pace at which you can get PVP geared. The way the arena system works is that you have to have a decent rating in order to get even 1 piece per week… Also, T5 Weps vs S1 weps…
Gladiator’s Bonegrinder
3.6 speed
341 - 513 Damage
(118.6 damage per second)

vs

World Breaker
3.7 speed
371 - 558 Damage
(125.5 damage per second)

let alone stormherald @.@

2 Likes

Like many others in this comment section, I believe that the roll out of Arena Season 1 with Phase 2 is a mistake. If you look at Tiers of gear with PvP seasons, it would make the most sense to pair each other with the ones with similar power. That would be P1 = Season 1, P2 = Season 2, P3 = Season 3, P5 = Season 4.

Yep, praying they adjust arena or it’ll be a forced pve scenario. Not that i mind content but the mandate kills me on the inside. Lol TBC is launching as my work season starts as it is. Really hope they reconsider at minimum for players that are solely pvp based.

1 Like

It’s really dismissive to end your post with “You will survive 58 boosts”. You’d survive a kick in the balls but would you thank the person who kicked you and give them 15$ a month or would you be pissed and tell them to not do that

1 Like

So don’t take the boost if you don’t want it?

2 Likes

dungeon cap for launch.

yes or no?

The point is about the integrity of the game and it kills the old world. This is a large part of what I don’t like in retail that you can buy lvls and gold, this is an mmo it affects all of us

2 Likes

Most people will be taking their 60’s into TBC anyways. The old world outside of draenie/belf which can’t be boosted will be dead regardless. So no it doesn’t impact us, if anything having more people ready to play TBC helps.