World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic Deep Dive

Phase 1: Karazhan, Gruul’s Lair, and Magtheridon’s Lair Raids will open
Phase 2: Serpentshrine Cavern, Tempest Keep, and Arena Season 1
Phase 3: Hyjal, Black Temple, Arena Season 2
Phase 4 : Zul’Aman and Arena Season 3
Phase 5: The Sunwell and Arena Season 4

This Phasing is going to kill pvp early on. Early pvp gear are quite underpowered in terms of stats and res. If you only open season 1 when T5 drops this means arena will be dominated by T4 geared players and your honor pvp gear would mean nothing. Given the amount of arena points required to buy arena gear which means most players will need 2-3 weeks to even get 1 piece of gear. Soon enough even in S1 pvp will be dominated by T5 geared people and there is not much point to even get arena gear. Just imagine the first week of Arena Warriors will be smashing your mace in with their stormheralds. Given arena gear isnt that great for PVE until much later in the expansion, the best phasing in terms of balance between pve and pvp, having played in many TBC pservers in the past 5 years is this:

P1, Karazhan, Gruul and Mag + S1
P2, T5 + S2
P3, T6 + S3
P4, ZA
P5, T6.5 + S4

13 Likes

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think they will change it with more well constructed posts like this one just like how they changed Classic’s phasing after feedback.

1 Like

10 characters.

I don’t like the boosts at all. If a fresh server option with no boosts/transfers is made, i think literally everyone can be happy. Extremely wishful thinking, i know.

3 Likes

Every single character should be leveled. ALL OF THEM. We don’t want this retail garbage.

7 Likes

Why do they need that long? They have clearly been working on it for a long time. Soon can be this week or it can be 2 weeks from now. They’ll lose a lot of subs waiting on July.

Honestly, I don’t see why not. At the very least it’s worth trying.

If it ends up failing, let people transfer off for free, and if it succeeds, a salut.

I don’t know why it would take that long, I’m not a coder or a part of the company. I’m going off of Classic’s beta to release time frame and applying that to TBC to give an estimate.

Sure, they could release the beta tomorrow or two weeks from now, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’ve followed WoW since TBC and I’ve never seen Blizzard announce something as big as a beta and release it less than a week later. Of course it’s not impossible and “soon™” is infamously ambiguous, but after a trend of 13 years, I think it’s safe to say the beta won’t be release until at least next month.

Like I said, “March-April”, so if they follow a similar beta-release schedule as they did with Classic, we could see TBC released as early as late June.

I’m hoping for an early release, though. TBC is a lot smaller than Classic and they actually have all of the data intact this time, like they said, they just need to copy over their 750,000 lines. I wouldn’t expect too many subscribers to fall off in the meantime, though. With beta opt-ins starting soon (already started?) and an active sub being required for entry, I think interested players will be trying to get in. Then in just two months after, the prepatch should be soon to release and that’ll carry players over to launch.

If they waited 2 months for beta then id just unsub. Its highly unlikely I get in anyway. We saw how they handled it last time.

I think its pure speculation to suggest we have to wait that long for a beta. How long you have been playing blizzard games is no indication of what they will or won’t do.

Duh. Of course it’s speculation. If you’re banking on a beta release next week, though, I can guarantee you’ll be disappointed.

you actually can’t guarantee that unless you work at blizzard. I made a bet with someone yesterday and they should have taken it. I guaranteed something and bet someone on the forums who was on my same server that something would not happen. I was wrong. You cannot guarantee anything.

Your post is like something you’d read on r/youngpeopleyoutube.

lol and now you just try to insult me. And I am supposed to be the young one.

I mean, you couldn’t differentiate someone making an estimation from someone making a claim. So, “if the shoe fits.” :man_shrugging:

And you start attacking me personally. How does that make me the “young one” here? Is it not possible I maybe just misread your post and mistook the context? You could simply correct where I misunderstand instead of attacking me personally. But I’m probably not wrong. That’s why you are attacking me personally.

1 Like

Nothing about a potential gold cap on launch. Is noone concerned about the economy of almost every server when so many players have hundreds of thousands of purchased botted gold saved away?

7 Likes

who? the wrinkly grandma that plays a female night elf hunter and loves PETS, MOUNTS, CHEEVOS?

nah, she looks dead inside

Lead Producer

oh no, oh nonono, ohnononoononononhohohononoooooooo

FWIW: T5 is ilvl 133, S1 was 115 or 123 (if I remember right). Will resilience cover that gap? We shall see.

Level 58 boosts. I hope blizzard goes under one day. This company sucks

What was you “wrong” about, Rozen? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
:popcorn: