World of Warcraft and the LGBTQ Community Member's Experience

You already know the answer to that question

Why do birds suddenly appear?

Well since the trolls are gonna visit. I will be inclusive. This is for all the trolls out there. Let me introduce you to a professional troll. Enjoy.

Ragemode is bound to post about BM hunters again in a few hours I suspect.

I honestly cannot remember a single time, outside of someone trolling /trade chat, where there was an issue of someone’s personal preference.

I’d 100% agree with this for most people lol. Although, I’d still try a game out though if I saw people being anti-Semitic in the forums :stuck_out_tongue: Hate speech is silly

1 Like

This whole social contract nonsense is meaningless when they continuously allow threads like this.

1 Like

Ha hahaha. Cough"intolerent idiot" ha ha ha " noob troll " hahahahaha. Hurry now get to the school bus stop. You’r gonna be late for school. I bet this genius forgot to pack the lunch his mommy made for him.

In my case it was because I could play as my desired sex. I relied on many virtual worlds including Second Life; gameplay was always secondary to roleplay. These things were essentially my only escape, as even when I was completely alone the turmoil would follow me.

After I transitioned my gaming addiction evaporated and I now have a healthier relationship to games.

I am happy that you are living the life you wanted now. That is wonderful news. I would like to ask this of you. Would you recommend that Wow Create a Character Screen that would be more robust. More Options to choose from. Allowing the player to create a more exact character so it would better define the players ideal character and more closely resemble the ideal the player would feel more connected to?

I remember playing a single player game titled “Saints Row” on I think it was ps3 ?
When I first started making my character the options were amazing. I could create almost any type of character I wanted and dress with a ton of clothing options. I spent hours just seeing how far the character building would let me create a character to my specifications.
The creations were endless.

Would you say people playing Wow would benefit from a much better Character Creator?

This is because for the last several months several trolls have been spamming the forums with bad faith LGBT+ threads with the goal of making the LGBT+ people look unacceptable to the random user and drive irritaton and harassment to us.

So yes, a lot of us are fed up with all the trolling and Blizzard’s complete and total failure in not only not dealing with the troll threads but also not taking care of all the COC violations that occur in the threads.

The situation so bad that I decided not to post a pride month megathread containment thread that is actually educational and talks about the history of the pride movement and the origin of the name. I didn’t want to make a spam thread and I don’t want to be harassed by the gross people who respond with hate.

3 Likes

More customization is always nice, though WoW’s engine is ancient so I’m not sure how much they can really expand it. Not to mention all the artwork that has to go along with that.

WoW’s character designs and customizations work better to convey various archetypal ideals rather than literal ones.

Hey 39 post guy, welcome to the forums.

Just a tip, what you did there was worse than what you think you called out.

To be fair, they have a parent that taught them not to be, well, not be you. So let me guess, by your answer, you thought this was how your community needed to be represented?

Ok let me see if I got this right. The troll was being a toxic jerk. Who by what you said has a parent that taught him to not be a jerk. So by inference he not only is a jerk. But also an ungrateful disrespectful disobedient jerk to his parent. Did I get that right…Huh?

All you quoted was this:

Yeah it’s spam, these threads are being put up in rapid fire succession much to the chagrin of plenty in the community.

So you are telling me you approve of rage bait threads meant to incite hate?

1 Like

Sorry pal. I can’t decipher your writing other than to wonder how you possible could of misunderstood what I wrote to the extent of misquoting what I said and making such a ludicrous assumption? Are you OK?

Nah I have realized once again who you are.

Maybe one day you will learn about how people should treat others, or the mods get wise and finally put an end to the tomfoolery.

I’d say Happy WoWing, but I get it’s tough to play when you have so much to say here…

Oh geez. Please take your medication. You should not skip your meds. It’s important to take them at the same time each day as instructed by your physician. Or this type of thing happens. You start posting unintelligible gibberish.

I sincerely hope you get better.

1 Like

Yep, you never read the forum rules.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming umbrella drinks!

Lol. yeah… tell you I don’t understand anything you are yammering about. Perhaps if you wrote in a understandable manner. It would help others know what you are talking about.

1 Like

No. It has a disproportionately loud SJW population that wants to latch on to a cause and pat themselves on the back for “fighting” (read: “keyboard warrior”) for [insert popular “marginalized” special interest group].

LGBTQ just happens to be the flavor of the year. It’s the gift that keeps on giving for people who want feel like they’re doing something useful.

2 Likes