World of Warcraft and the LGBTQ Community Member's Experience

For anyone tired of these or any other threads of general nonsense from the usual suspects.

Click OP Username > [View Activity] > Ignore (Top Right Dropdown)

You got me curious now. What were the other “flavors of the year” from the past?

China, Women’s Rights, BLM, Elections to name a few.

Basically, look at your twitter trending.

Oh so any political / social causes then.

Vaccinations was another one for a while.

Yep, and always by the same posters.

It makes me wonder why they care so much to post it here and argue, rather than, you know getting involved in life?

1 Like

There’s a significant number of people in your community that are doing a fine enough job of that on their own without any outside help.

So. It would be a safe bet that people should just post about Wow game-play topics and avoid anything that pertains to the real world. Correct?

1 Like

I don’t care if you are LGBTQ/straight/troll/fill in the blank … YOU GO BE YOU!

I just want you to be friendly/non-political grandstanding SJW and know how to play your class at a basic level when it comes to WOW ingame.

**TLDR **
treat others the way you wish to be treated… most people just want to be treated like royalty and others as peasants and freak out when the peasants have a opinion also.

what I don’t want to hear is how your being oppressed because you identified as something your not and I must acknowledge your beliefs and ignore my own / anyone who disagrees with you is a “WW2 bad guys” / something something straight white men are ruining your life etc… USA is the most accepting / free country…but because how dare some people disagree in a FREE country.

Freedom is being able to be you without being punished by the government, last i check gays/LGBTQ are not being killed/stoned/thrown off buildings by the government, parents wanting their kids not being groomed regardless if they are right or wrong does not mean oppression.

but because a few people on the internet said mean things or some people disagree with your ideas… your being oppressed apparently… yet i am still suppose to ignore all the things that have affected me negatively for literally being a white man because I am suppose to be carrying a cheat code for being a white man?

GROW UP - and learn not everyone is going to agree with you
(I am sure I will get reported and banned again)

If you really want to do something you can do it in America if you don’t give up.

I literally don’t want to hear or see any of it because IT’S YOUR PRIVATE LIFE, you wouldn’t have as many problems if you kept it private and this applies to straight people like myself because I don’t go telling world I am having sex with so and so and asking people to call me stunning and brave, most people are going to just say KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF… normal people don’t want to hear about who you are having sex with regardless of who it is.

IF you make your self a PUBLIC figure you will ALWAYS ARRACT NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE ATTENSION!

2 Likes

very doubtful - one person switching and posting on 5 alts doesn’t make a large population

2 Likes

That would follow the ToS yeah.

But instead we get a constant influx of rage bait posted by bad faith people who like to call even members of that community “phobic” or a “bigot”, doing more harm than good.

I know this question will be difficult to answer. What do you think the averaged ratio of straight to lgbdq people is in wow? A ball-park figure / estimate from your experience?

That’s a pretty disingenuous question.

So many don’t talk about it.

Oh I took it that way too. You meant it as a general statement.

The way it was worded it sounded targeted. It was where it had a “you” in it and that’s why it appeared targeted.

I wasn’t being disingenuous. I don’t know what the ratio is. Just hoping someone had a answer.

No one will, and there never should be a number.

You get that a lot of people think of all this as personal right? I couldn’t imagine a survey asking orientation ever flying.

Are you all still fighting over this post?!

Then how is it that some people claim that the lgtb group are extremely marginally small minority? Just trying to get the facts straight I’m not trying to be argumentative here. Just curious.

there are good people in this game, they are small but they are there. I’ve met some awesome people through pugging.

Oh my and here we finally get to your actual point.

This is bad, your take is terrible. I want to talk confidentiality here for a second. You want a game for teens to ask orientations of it’s players?

You need to stop. Right now you are no better than the spam posters, and ThaT is giving you a loT of crediT. No one needs to wear a name tag proclaiming their orientation here to suit your needs.

I never said anything about asking anyone what their orientation was. I just asked what the people that made claims they new what the size of the population was?

1 Like