World of Warcraft Account Sharing Ban Wave

Just wanted to clarify incase someone did something stupid and got banned for it.

If it isn’t max level I just report it. Level 1s and 10s look fishy, especially if I see that little murloc icon!

I check RIO too for level 60s advertising. If they have the RIO to go with it (or the arena gear or the torg achievement if they are advertising for that, basically they have the achievement they are advertising for) then it’s ok they are in the rules from what it looks like.

1 Like

I would be very surprised if a percentage of players in excess of 1% regularly plays the game through VPNs unless there’s a large contingent who totes their gaming laptop to Starbucks to play or something.

I do the same tbh. If I can’t find the toon on raiderio, it’s not doing the boost and I report it.

I don’t spend my whole day doing it. I have trade chat on a different chat tab for a reason. Because it’s still annoying most of the time.

1 Like

Oh yeah and after a while you see the names and are like, “Oh hey it’s so and so hey” then they respond in trade “hey hows it going” LOL like you learn who is chill and who is like, “you’re sus… reported.”

1 Like

I don’t use a VPN cause I’m cheap and refuse to pay the 3 dollars or w/e minimal cost it is to use it.

Really not much reason to at home if you’re in control of the modem/router that you use for internet access, unless you’re trying to access Netflix for some other territory maybe. Their primary usefulness is on untrusted connections like wifi at coffee shops and airports, where you have no clue about the security of the setup or who else is connected.

1 Like

Ah I don’t have netflix or cable or anything like that. I like watching youtube (rest of the time is playing games or doing other stuff like gardening, drawing, etc.). Idk TV shows anymore just seams… eh and the ones I do get interested in get canceled so it’s like, “Grrrr they got rid of that show!”

Content creators have fun stuff and it’s always interesting!

Anyway… Yeah it’s all home based and if I had a laptop I would probably just use it at home or maybe the local library. May keep the VPN in mind if I get a laptop and go to the Library then. Thanks for the info on that :smiley:

You are, objectively, entirely wrong.

No, they didn’t.

No, he isn’t.

What he quoted doesn’t say that. It says guilds and individuals can use in-game tools to sell boosts, among other things.

3 Likes

Off topic but same here, main goal was werebear and hunter shm mogs for my main, ended up 5/7 finishing havoc and fire mage. Leveling up a pally now for healer challenge :confused: first time playing a healer lol

1 Like

Yep, probably quite some. It’s always good to point out that their rewards associated to the acc share will also be removed as its stated.

1 Like

There’s one tank and one healer challenge, except for disc healers get a dps challenge.

Here’s what I did

Kruul - Guardian
Risen - Holy Pally
Godqueen - Ret Pally
Feltotem - BM hunter
Twins - Affliction lock
Imp Mother - Ele shaman
The Eye - Frost DK

Frost and Ret were actually the hardest ones for me, because I don’t play those.

1 Like

Imagine having to tell people that you got banned for paying someone else to log into your account and beat MT for you. You’d have to think that a good number of these account sharing bans are because of MT.

5 Likes

Ah got you. Thank you for the list! I’ll keep that in mind I have everything at 50 or above and I’m familiar with everything except holy and ret pally so I’ll have to play around with that (we got about a month to play around with stuff etc before the event rolls around again).

Oh I bet the vast majority of them are directly related to the Mage Tower.

3 Likes

Yeah…when people tell me that you can’t be carried in solo content, I’m going to reference this thread lol.

4 Likes

I got the healer one last. Was so relieved when the npcs finished the boss off when I was dead on the floor from having no space lol. Was buzzing all day flying on my book after that

1 Like

Heck yeah!

Down with the cheaters.

5 Likes

Congrats on the werebear! So many repair bills paid and hours lost here farming older trinkets/gear also for it. I wont be back (eyes the Legion TW event dates). lol

1 Like

I wonder how many of these are the ones on the forums always saying the game has nothing to do for casuals?

2 Likes