World of Warcraft Account Sharing Ban Wave

Beautiful day!

They started banning people who buy boosts for Mage-Bound Spelltome mount!

Good job Blizzard!

Maybe one day people start again PLAYING in WoW to get something cool then just paying 80$.

Keep good job Blizzard! I hope more boosters and this one who buys them will be banned!

26 Likes

I wonder how many people bought a boost and then came to the forums and got into arguments about how other people need to get good and that it isn’t over tuned.

36 Likes

this is crazy move from Blizzard

they probably don’t gain anything from this and will just lose players

5 Likes

Game would be a lot better without boosties/boosters. Not a big loss

33 Likes

This is what I want to know. A handful of people did come to the forum citing how easy it was for them to do it undergeared, or this or that, etc.

I am sure a lot of people did complete it on their own, and the challenge was minimal to them. But I’m just as sure that people were lined up with their credit cards waiting to buy their Mage Tower rewards.

7 Likes

Without maintaining some integrity to the rules it would be finished.

7 Likes

If they don’t enforce the rules, it will just continue to be a problem in the future. At least now people will understand that account sharing (in almost all cases) is against the rules and they are “watching”.

8 Likes

RMT notice.
oops, we mean unauthorized access <_<
oops, you were just on a vpn like a normal person! :sweat_smile:
/slowclap

2 Likes

Blizzard banned boosts last month. In the future Blizzard will be selling those boosts. Brace yourself.

4 Likes

Boosting isn’t banned…for gold.

3 Likes

Highly unlikely. That’s just blind cynicism.

1 Like

do you think Blizzard will make team of bots , who can carry you in +15 ?

It’s a good start.

There’s a variety of other services (Honorable Kill boosts, Mount farming, e.c.t…) which people buy which causes them to account share. I don’t know what your source is which said it was specifically boosts for Mage-Bound Spelltome but it’d be good if they expanded it or even dedicated a small team of staff to seek out accounts involved in this sort of activity.

I just came back today after a 3 months break because this game was a Walmart Online.
So I think they will lose some “players” and get back PLAYERS.

If you want to have a mount and don’t have friends because you don’t care to socialize in game or you’re so busy in life then you don’t want to “waste” time playing in game to get mount and rather just use credit card then, Blizzard have some mount in their store where you can spend $$ and be happy.

There are also many mobile games where you can buy everything for $$ just let WoW be again a good game.

Whether you’re trolling or sincere, this will make a screenshot that will age well xD
EDIT: I just realized you were the person I replied to. I don’t believe you were trolling, my apologies for suggesting the possibility.

1 Like

mmo-champion

because the scaling worked better if you had LEgion gear and some enchantments pre-SL.

It is totally bonkers and required someone to put in MORE work before the mage tower came out to acquire the correct trinkets/enchantments, etc.

Personally, I didn’t see it as a problem. Because 1) it is apparently doable without having to do all that and 2) I enjoyed going back and collecting the gems and the slotted gear for the new Mage Tower challenge. I haven’t gone in yet, but my druid is ready to go in with fully gemmed gear from older content. It gave me a nostalgia kick while I was working on that.

I totally get that some people don’t want to do that kind of work, and that’s totally fine, because it’s optional.

My comment was directed towards the people who gloated about completing it with ease. I am curious to see how many people finished it legitimately compared to how many bought a piloted boost or whatever it’s called. I have no horse in this race, just curious. That’s information we will most likely never see anyway.

1 Like

yes, the players are the bots. The players already function as bots. They will get a gold payout in the mail from blizz for carrying.

That is actually incorrect but carry on…

2 Likes