World of Warcraft ®: Dragonflight HUD and UI Revamp

So ready for this. The closer I can bring my list of third party addons to zero the better. Ideally, I should be able to go many months between addon updates like we used to be able to back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK.

1 Like

This. I spend so damn much time in WeakAuras matching my UI elements pixel-by-pixel every time I make or modify one. And not even the snapping they implemented works well for fine adjustment.

1 Like

How we have come this far without coordinates just… blows my mind. The pins are nice … but coordinates >>>> pins

8 Likes

Oh, thank you! That is exciting!

I like the flexibility but uh… Can we get a more sleek UI in general? The current one is in dire need of a visual update (Or at least more options).

And/or spec

1 Like

Maybe I am missing something, but why can’t i move my bags/collection bars to the other side of the screen?

4 Likes

All I ever cared about was the Blizz art logos at the bottom so I could better use my keybinds

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

Here’s a few simple changes to the UI that should have been implemented long ago.

1. More font sizes for the chat box for us blind folk. 20, 22, 24.

2. Low level quests need to have a yellow exclamation point on the mini-map. It’s dull grey, dark, and completely blends in the environment sometimes.

3. Allow us to store legendary, unique, and soul bound items, mogs, crafting mats (such as the bindings for Windseeker) into Void Storage. My legion artifact and Heart of Azeroth are wonderful to have–but can I store them in Void Storage, to save bank room?

4. All crafting mats across every expansion stack to 200. There’s so many items that should stack, that still don’t, or have silly limits…or are a currency that should appear in the currency tab, but don’t.

Thanks!

10 Likes

While I’m looking forward to this feature… I’ve had the same UI for 18 years. The only thing that has changed is where buttons are. I don’t know if I can do it haha.

5 Likes

@Blizzard

I would really appreciate if you fellas can make it so that i can move the quest objectives around as well. I was hoping this would solve the issue for the 3rd party addons. The location where it is now it does not fit at all i would appreciate if a choice was given as well as you did for the minimap.

3 Likes

Yeeeeees. There is so much in this game I just outright can’t see sometimes.

3 Likes

All I can say is that I have no complaints about what I’m seeing.

I would like this, though.

elvui says hi.

1 Like

Looking forward to these changes. I have used ElvUI for years and its the best UI addon I’ve ever seen.
Hopefully this will work as well!

it’s a great start right now… We need a few things for it to optimally replace existing solutions and provide a much better game experience.

• Detached Power/Classbar from Player frame
  • Remove portrait from Player/Target/Party
  • Resize Health/Power/etc for frames
  • Custom text for Health/Power of Player/Target/Party
  • “Special Buff” tracking.
    ** Whitelist of debuffs on target/boss frames would be amazing.
  • Square minimap toggle (low pri)

Right now we can move our buffs which is great… However, the sheer amount of buffs you can accumulate that you don’t care about tracking dynamically “all the time” is quite large. We care about buff procs, and only ones that we can act on. We need granular control over which buffs we show there. Now some of this will still be covered with WAs and that’s fine so it’s not a major thing.

We need the ability to maneuver our HP/Power/Classbar. The Personal Resource Display is solid, but it’s rather all or nothing. If it gained some of this functionality that’d be ok as well. Especially if we could shift elements.

White listing or even black listing debuffs on target/boss would be crucial. We don’t need to see every single debuff we place on a target but we do want to be able to see specific ones. Again, things we can act on.

Remove textures to be just modern aesthetically. Just getting rid of the fantasy borders and making it semi-standard modern would be amazing.

As you can see the changes above aren’t just about getting information moved around. it’s the granular control to limit that information in a way that makes it actionable.

7 Likes

Long time user of the default UI, thank you so much for finally updating it! I’m hoping we could see a coordinate display feature added sometime. While the map pin feature is awesome, we could really use coordinates added baseline as so many people rely on them to find things.

2 Likes

I am excited! Really looking forward to be able to ditch ElvUI and many other addons. Will still need some like weakauras but this will eliminate many!

1 Like

A little late better later than never! Every fewer add-on I have to install and maintain the better. Great change!!!

3 Likes

Definitely looks like you guys took some notes from FFXIV, and that’s great! I think a lot of people here have some great ideas to add, but something I haven’t seen yet–maybe I missed it?–is one quality of life that FFXIV has for when you’re in crowded areas:

By holding down the X key in FFXIV (it’s the default button for this.) you can make pretty much all players unclickable. Their names vanish while the key is held down, and as a result, when an NPC is crowded over by players, it lets you get to an NPC. It’s a great way to get past people standing on top of the NPCs.

3 Likes