World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ Goes Live August 26!

When does pre-patch start?

(And it’s probably too much to ask for an off switch for Awakened during pre-patch, so non-Hall-of-Fame guilds can actually finish getting our season 3 Fyrakk mounts, but I’m going to ask again anyway.)

1 Like

Just the way there must always be a Lich King, there must always be a (new) complain. Its a full circle. Welcome to WoW!

3 Likes

This feels rushed.

17 Likes

Upside – if they really are working on Midnight concurrent with T-Dubs, that one should be much further along by the time it’s alpha/beta phases begin.

Please be a good expansion. That’s all I ask.

…That said, the release date seems a little too soon, in my opinion. There’s going to be so, so, SO many bugs at launch. Like, probably worse than the entirety of DF, and that was already pretty bad.

3 Likes

i wish there was a way to pay for early access on my 2nd account that is linked. to do so at its current price and not get the additional 1000 traders tender or any other rewards just feels bad.

you should put early access as a stand alone cost. $$$ for you.

1 Like

Is this the launch trailer? It’s just recycled stuff

1 Like

This is the announce trailer.

It’s just a short teaser meant to generate hype. The new stuff starts about halfway through.

The release date was always going to be in Summer of 2024. We knew that from the roadmap.

We just didn’t know exactly ‘when’ in summer. Safe assumption was mid to late August.

3 Likes

Ehhhh, not sure about this one.

2 Likes

DF has been okay. Dragons don’t do it for me, but cute evil emo elf girls do. Bring on TWW and Xal’atath. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

3 Likes

I get that, but considering beta only just started recently, I still feel that it is too soon, and wanted to voice my concern.

2 Likes

The beta for Dragonflight had roughly the same length and Dragonflight honestly turned out fine. Relatively smooth launch, and it was received fairly well.

3 Likes

And yet I’m still concerned given the sheer number of bugs DF had and still has. Yeah, DF kept me entertained as well, but there are issues just about everywhere.

3 Likes

Well there is now no doubt this expansion is going to be a buggy unbalanced dumpster fire. Some hero specs aren’t even fully implemented let alone reworked, balanced, and tuned. I was really hoping for late September because it would at least be plausible they could get some of the major issues worked out, but August is way too early. There is essentially 6 weeks left for changes in beta and passed that point it’s release candidate time so no more big changes just bug fixes.

5 Likes

Doesn’t have that many.

I think people saying “DF has a huge number of bugs!” are leaning way too heavily on the word ‘huge’. All games have bugs, Dragonflight has been relatively smooth, especially compared to earlier expansions.

4 Likes

I disagree, and that’s where I will leave this conversation. Enjoy your day.

1 Like

Guys seem to be putting yourselves in a crunch for no good reason.

3 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t crunch, they just abandon entire classes lol.

6 Likes