World of M+

I spammed keys for years till bfa.

For me, keys grant a better sense of personal progression than other forms of content. Raid boss kills are heavily dependant on the group, so even if I’m better geared and playing better than previous weeks, my overall DPS on a kill may potentially go down due to a slower kill time or more mechanics, etc. Doing a key higher, or doing more damage, or evading mechanics more fluidly just make the progression feel more solid.

1 Like

If I had the time, and I really kinda do now bc I do not have kids waking anymore for breastfeeding sessions - i’d rather raid.

To me, if you pushed high and got a score and w/e I just don’t get it (m+).

I’m not offended I just see people say that constantly and the “reasoning” makes no sense.

Especially when they do another form of content over and over again like raiding or bgs.

This is a perfect example. I’m not insulting you though. Just pointing out that “it’s the same thing over and over” isn’t a valid complaint. That’s all I’m saying.

I’ve played with or almost 4k io players.

you can absolutely carry a person or two. unless its like super high 20s/30s?

I think the average/gud person who uses their brain can do 25-27s.

Keys are easily accessible cooperative group content where I can work with other people, progress my character, and have a friendly competition with dps.

I also love aoe and trash packs so I find dungeons to be more enjoyable than raids. Repetition of the same dungeon doesn’t bother me much, I’m there for the gameplay not the scenery.

Keys make the dungeons harder, faster and more rewarding, that’s the fun.

It’s like speed running wow.

Okay? Doesn’t change the fact that every individual has more bearing on the outcome of the key. I’m 20% of the group in M+ and 5% of the group in raid.

Am I getting old? I don’t wanna go fast anymore. yet, ppl my age still mostly do.

A lot of the frustrations and raging happen in low to mid level keys because people think they are better than they are. Once you get a decently high score you find yourself in more like-minded and competent groups. I pushed a high score so I can stand out in the application pool so invites come quick.

Keys are just the most easily accessible end-game content.

2 Likes

I think the higher up you go the nicer the folks. usually, still some bad apples.

idk I’m gonna shut up now. I just don’t get it. I don’t wanna do them anymore, not even a braindead +5 with my friend :woman_shrugging:

I don’t like keys any more or less than any other content. But I can sign on and be running a dungeon within a few minutes, any time of the day/night.

As someone else put it, M+ is smaller scale PvE content that you and 4 other friends can enjoy. It also places less time restriction on scheduling.

The fun comes from refining strategies and optimized pathing over iterations.

However, if you’re doing the same dungeons at the same difficulty without improvement, I can see why that is boring.

nothing. i felt the same way you did for a long time. i raided and thought m+ was pointless. now i’m the opposite: i can run keys for hours a day and have almost no interest in raiding.

1 Like

We’ve always had a limited pool of dungeons each expansion though.

There’s a difficulty for everyone with great rewards, it’s quick, only requires 5 people, and you only have to finish to get most of the benefits. That’s a lot to like.

Because what fun is having big gear if mobs just fall over from 1 hit and you never actually get to see big numbers ?

low man ? cool

kinda fast ? 30-40min

awards good loot if lucky

is frustrating sometimes ? yep , but doing dungeons is fun

is the only content where AoE/cleave matters (outside the random boss with adds) aoeing stuff is fun too

and some dungeons are fun , some sucks !$%%! , but oh welll getting KSM is a goal that is kinda fun to do

The same dungeon over and over, the same raids over and over, the same leveling over and over, the same gearing process over and over, the same pvp maps over and over, the same daily grind over and over. This game is 100% repetition.

Big circles … expansions …
smaller circles … seasons …

do you not get that this is just a hamster wheel of repeating everything?

M+ is boring. If they nerfed the loot more, a lot less of the player base would engage with it.

People love it because they get raid level loot without the hassle of raiding. It was a dumb mistake on Blizzards part to even have rewards that rival raid rewards from 5 man content.

1 Like

Flawed logic. It wont draw people to raiding. Pandora’s box is open. Those people will just quit and play something else.

Yes, the problem is raiding, and it’s lack of fun. Always has been. It just happens to have the ultimate incentive … the best gear, to bribe you into suffering through it.