World of M+

Have I made a thread like this before? I might have?

Help me understand. Even with ppl I like, even - idk.

WHY DO YOU LIKE KEYS?

I never did almost 30 or over 30 keys before lol but I don’t get it.

The same dungeons over and over and over (SL dungeons suck, I’ll never do this for TW even). How are ppl doing season 4?!?!?!

Why do you like keys? Is something wrong with me? Is it an ego stroke? Being the top 100 w/e on a realm or the world? Is it the io score? I never got that either, tho.

On the flip, I could play AB for the rest of my life with a smile on my face. Same map over and over.

4 Likes

They’re…fun. Smaller scale PvE content that’s less of a commitment than raiding.

I’ve been enjoying Warsong Gulch, Aterac Valley and Arathi Basin for like 15 years.

8 Likes

Keys are my favorite thing in this game… period

4 Likes

I’m not judging. I want to know what is wrong with me?

1 Like

Some stuff just doesn’t appeal or “click” for people. I know that I have to really commit to something to enjoy it unless it’ chill farm/collection content, so I avoid raiding, but always have a cozy time in any form of PvP or dungeon.

2 Likes

They’re a means of advancing your character and playing challenging content with a small time investment (an hour or less) and no roster boss to fight (pick up 4 strangers in LFG and g2g as opposed to spending a whole afternoon filling a raid with a revolving door of pug players) that results in tangible gains (gear, score, valor) for that small amount of time played.

I don’t like PvP very much these days, so this is the best way to scratch the PvE fix for anyone who doesn’t want to or cannot take the time to raid on a regular schedule.

Edit: also I don’t think there’s anything “wrong with you” for not liking keys. Everyone likes different things. Don’t sweat it.

3 Likes

I don’t do them often, and less than I’d like currently, but they’re fun to do with a couple of friends. Even if things go really wrong you can laugh and push on.

2 Likes

Gear helps, hanging out with the same group of folks and playing the non-raid stuff is fun, the mount isn’t a bad goal to aim for, don’t mind playing the old dungeons again.

1 Like

We all like different things. Keys are a convenient way to get stronger, with the added reward of challenging yourself to get better as the content gets less forgiving. Every single key feels different from the last, so while similar, it is never the same.

But, there’s nothing wrong with you, OP. Whenever I go into a solo game and get a really good story or open world experience, i’m like YES. this is the true good.

1 Like

Whats AB? An arena? Honestly dont know.

But i suppose there is your answer by you saying you could play that for the rest of your life same map over and over again, others might find that weird like you do of m+

Personally i like m+ cause i cant spend 30 hours a week to meet a raid schedule and my nightly schedule changes so one week i might be open tuesday night another night i might not have anything but friday open, so raiding is no go for me. M+ i can do for a couple hours get few done move on till when i can do them again. Sounds like DF they will be changing the dungeon pool each patch so instead of 4 patches of same dungeons we will be getting 1 so that will be nice

1 Like

Arathi Basin

Do you raid? You do the same thing over and over for months.

It being the same thing over and over isn’t the reason you dislike it. I really wish people would stop saying that

Saying what? and what is the reason I dislike it?

What’s great about keys is the infinite scaling. Things that don’t seem at all deadly in a +15 start to nuke you or even one shot you in a +25 if handled wrong.

It pushes you to optimize, whether it be strategy, routes, pulls (even as small as pull spot), CC, cooldown usage, everything. It pushes you to be a better player and it has no limit on how far it can push you. So you’re always going as far as you and a few friends can go. There’s no question as to “can I do more?” because there’s always more.

True. Very true. I am just over it. I never liked it. I did it and I’m like what is so great about this?

1 Like

Me like big numbers.

1 Like

You mention

This comes off like it’s the reason you dislike keys

I’d rather people say "I just don’t like it, can’t explain why "

You have no idea how much better you’ll get at the game once you start spamming keys

1 Like

Sorry to offend maybe mute? I am just trying to understand as I did keys for many years, low to high. And during bfa, I was like, gtfo. I don’t get it. I do not like it. but, so many do. SO, what is wrong with me?

1 Like

They are fast, 25-30 minutes long. Takes less time to set up, maybe 5 minutes and you are good to go. Compare that to raids which take forever to form and requires a lot more time per session.

M+ is the only content I play, it’s enjoyable and fits my schedule.

3 Likes