World First race

Why should blizzard market this ? They would be accused of being scum if they did because the kind of play those guys do to get there really shouldn’t be encouraged.

3 Likes

You do realize blizzard doesn’t endorse or necessarily support the world first race…right? They’ve said that multiple times.

2 Likes

Well they should and that is the point of this thread to give them a path to do it without picking a side.

No…they shouldn’t. In fact they try to discourage certain practices that world first guilds do to try to get an edge.

4 Likes

Like what? Swapping factions for gear? Crap I did that and I am not even remotely going for world first.

Like split runs. And 1 piece of gear is pointless in the end anyway.

2 Likes

Honestly, while I get that side of it, I don’t think it would be that much of a hassle to put something up on the launcher for it. Methods twitch has around 50k people on it when they’re actively progressing with 2-3k viewers on each of the players private streams. Seems silly that blizzard would in no way point out that one of the biggest events in game is not only currently taking place but is visible for all to see.

1 Like

Why? It is a player driven event and most people don’t actually care.

4 Likes

Considering that, with absolutely zero marketing or outreach via in-game methods, they have around 50k viewers while actively progressing with 2-3k viewers across each of the 15 players private streams thus having around 60-70k viewers… I’d say that they’re doing pretty good.

MSI, Red Bull, Corsair, and multiple other companies disagree with your complete disregard for the stream.

Let me put it another way - How does making the changes help Blizzard make money off this player driven event? Those sponsors are paying for the team. None of that money goes to Blizzard. This is why Blizzard hosts eSports tournaments. They are ultimately making money off those tournaments. If they were to endorse and manage the World First race, it becomes just another eSport Tournament but there is currently no income for Blizzard.

2 Likes

It generates hype for their game? Makes it more relevant in the current gaming market? Pulling more people in to play the game? Generating more subs?

It’s essentially free advertising…

2 Likes

Hosts? I thought we were against this esports business.

World’s first what? Person on Mars? I’m dying to know!

If any of those viewers are not current customers it is already doing that without any effort on Blizzard’s part. That is free advertising.

If they have to update the main site outside the current ladder pages, then it costs them money. They would only do that if they can correlate an income increase from the current free advertising.

Just watching Method stream basically reminding us that everyone else are trash :rofl::rofl:

Why does there need to be a official recording if the community does such a good job itself?

This is probably due to a couple of reasons. Blizzard does not sponsor/host this event as they do with their other “Esports” like the MDI and 3v3 tournament. Method did this all on their own without any help from Blizzard. So it is probably embarrassing that the biggest wow event that people actually tune in to is something they don’t actually put resources behind and they are being out promoted by Method and the community. This just shows more disconnect between Blizzard and the community. Blizzard wishes they could pull these kinds of numbers for their MDI that they created a whole expansion of dungeons for and turned out to be another Esport flop by Blizzard.

We get it. That is not going to change Blizzards choice to remain arms length and let the players handle it.

The point was that by linking to it and pointing to it with their own resources, they could get more people over to the WF race and likely get more people interested in the game.

Also, I just browsed the WoW streams and the WF race currently has approximately 100k viewers across all of Method’s streams. To say people aren’t interested is just patently false.

I actually agree concerning the hosts and concerning interviews, etc. I think Method has already done a fantastic job of this and Bliz does not in any way need to augment what they’ve already done. What they SHOULD do… is try to help get even more people to watch it…

This might sound crazy, but a lot of people do care and enjoy it. It’s like their Super Bowl.

5 Likes