World first is over you can nerf everything now

I guess I’ll be the jerk a little bit… isn’t mythic raids and high level mythic + suppose to be really hard? Like you earn a bit of gear every week and then over time and practice these things become more achievable.

I don’t expect to do the hardest wow content because I’m not the best player.

3 Likes

Yes they are supposed to be hard but there’s also supposed to be a difficulty curve. Blizzard even said they didn’t want a situation like amirdrassil where there are huge spikes in difficulty between bosses.

The situation currently is the first four bosses are nearly heroic raid difficulty and bosses 5/6 (broodtwister and kyveza) have insanely strict comp requirements on top of being massive damage checks. Leading to these bosses take 100s of pulls even for top guilds.

But since the first bosses are so easy there are tons of guilds that can get to broodtwister and have no reasonable way of progressing it because they lack the players or classes to make a reasonable comp for it

1 Like

You’re right. (Surprised Smolderon didn’t get another round.)

For Tindral, I know I wasn’t progging the most nerfed version. Might have killed the most nerfed version though. (Might’ve been even one more after.)

And for Fyrakk, I think there was another set of nerfs after I killed it.

Anyway, to what tuning should bosses be? Everything at most nerfed version from the start wouldn’t be that entertaining I wager.

1 Like

Nah, its not WoW niche, it just has a larger population. Many MMOs have soul-crushing, if not more soul-crushing mechanics / damage checks. This isn’t something only WoW offers.

If you wanna argue semantics games such as OSRS/RS3 have the same difficulty curved content. It’s just different games mechically. RS both version are full of bosses and content that will absolutely wipe you countless times until you understand mechanics and pass damage checks.

I’d rather raid mythically in WoW than earn my Zuk cape again tbh.

FFXIV has a boss that took Echo 1800 pulls.

WOW pull counts are rookie numbers compared to that lol.

1 Like

But people complain about cosmetics too. See: Plunderstorm

cosmetics are not a reward imo

a lot of those games don’t focus on end game though is what i mean

like FF doesn’t focus at all on it, you get 2 super hard bosses an expansion and they don’t really give a reward, so why do them

The fun of killing bosses.

eh, the loot is the fun part

You think people are largely doing CE for loot? lol.

Loot is a means to an end.

(And it gets reset every season in WOW.)

2 Likes

you remove loot from mythic and participation will massively drop yes

wow is, was, and always will be, about them purps

do some people play for other things? of course, but a lot love them purps

1 Like

People are doing everything for loot. If they weren’t why would it be an issue that the best loot requires doing difficult content?

1 Like

You do the first few for loot sure, but the later ones? nah.

Guilds usually start perma-extending then.

1 Like

which is part of the reason i don’t do mythic, i hate extension as a thing

i get a character fully geared in m+, then i gear another, and another, until the next season

Then find a guild that doesn’t extend, and maybe doesn’t have CE ambitions.

the other part is i just prefer small group content, when they removed 10 man, i tried mythic, didn’t like it

Been spamming M+ keys to help fill out friends score.

Give everyone mythic raid loot and open next expansion. We done here.

valorstones are never an issue for me but the damn crests… ridiculously low cap.

it feels like being in a marathon but you gotta wait at every km for the slow pokes to catch up before being allowed another km.

1 Like