World First Clear of Molten Core on Heat 3

Clearly you have never played FF9, otherwise you would know the horrors that is the optional superboss Ozma. A simple orb can be extremely devastating.

That being said I also have no issue with this boss being a loot pinata (or Victory Lap, loot at the last phase of all FFXIV Ultimate Raids, its a victory lap) as it drops anything that can already drop in the raid (much like Gulth, Twin Eredar etc)

1 Like

Can’t wait to fight the BWL level 3 Triangle hidden boss

6 Likes

No I havent. FFX is the only one i enjoyed, and they did secret bosses well.

Ozma died in like 40 seconds my guy, he was a joke.

FFX did secret bosses way better.

1 Like

Blizzard Illuminati confirmed?!

Well Ozma is a Sphere boss who changes shapes to a Pyramid, Cube etc. and is notoriously difficult.

When you are prepared for them and know their weakness, superbosses have always been a joke. But playing through blind (like many of us did as kids) they catch us off guard and destroy us. Like FF5 Shinryu, make ur party Dragoons and just Jump.

Auto attack with 3 members for 9999.

ozma casts a party wide ability putting you all in yellow.

Have Steiner use Charge!

Dead Ozma.

In a just world they would ban trolls, but forum moderation seems to be a dead art these days.

1 Like

Still not seeing what this has to do with both the lack of difficulty and lack of creativity/inspiration that a literal ball of rock called “The Molten Core” brings. Especially knowing that they can do better.

If p4 took this long to come out, so much so that they had to put out a whole post saying it would take longer, why is this what they come up with?

and why do you seem to be okay with that

2 Likes

And what’s wrong with the secret boss being a Victory Lap pinata that doesn’t give unique loot but has all of the MC loot on it?

I believe the main reason P4 took longer to come out is because of all of the rune and class changes.

3 runes per class on cloak. Less than or equal to each phase before it, and manual ring runes that give +5 a stat.
Everything else? Its exactly the same as classic wow with upgraded stats and small changes.

BRM event is the same as the other events before it.
No changes to the other two events.

So thats definitely not correct.

It was advertised as a secret boss we should get excited about. So secret that nothing was shown, like the bosses i mentioned before and every secret boss phase before it. They said it would be worth the wait and that it would be “incredibly awesome”

Thats why.

They moved around alot of runes to other gear slots, and completely changed a handful of others to the point some are entirely different than what they were prior. While others were removed and put into books to learns and replaced with entirely new runes.

Is the whole fight actually just the pyroblast model scaled 500% “The Molten Core”?

“Hey ChatGPT, I need your help to come up with an epic new boss encounter for the classic “The Molten Core” raid in World of Warcraft…”

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m fine with the final boss being an actual molten core getting whizzed on by a bunch of water elementals

I don’t see the problem

1 Like

How many balance Druids did they bring? Oh none thought so. Gutter trash meme spec for the 4th phase.

I rather watch other do it than my self. Less sweaty and more chill.

1 Like

Pay to win

Better hope you saved up a gorrillion gold to afford FR gear thanks to the in game economy being a trash fire.

1 Like

How is something that was done 20 years ago a world first now?

1 Like

Literally nothing you have brought up so far warrants an extension for what we got.