World Buffs Fix Needed with Layering ASAP

Ignore the non raiders here you 100 percent have a good point. Aq is coming up and having this issue potentially at aq launch is unacceptable

3 Likes

It doesn’t work that way Pollz - you don’t get to see that the head is on the stake, then hop layers to get the buff
You either are in the correct layer as the person turning it in, or you aren’t

It would require 10+ guilds all getting onto the same layer as the person turning it in, and half the time it is sniped by another person knowing when it comes off of cooldown

On top of this, typically Rallying Cry is the last buff that you get, so all other buffs would be ticking / burning as you are trying to get 400+ people onto the same layer

2 Likes

This is the correct answer.

Buh muh parses!

More people than just one raid would like the buff… Which is on a six hour cooldown.

Absolutely, it’s a good point. But at the same time, I don’t completely expect a solution to be designed, developed, tested, and rolled out prior to the situation subsiding, and the removal of layering…

1 Like

The tools are there to force your whole raid into a single layer. The argument that “someone can mess up turning in the head” is not a strong argument since that can happen now and you can reset it with some hoop-jumping.

If the buff is really that important to your guild then you have all the tools available to you to ensure your whole raid can get it. You don’t need any more changes to the changes to get it done.

You don’t need to brutefoce all guilds into a single layer…you just need a head for each layer and each guild just sets up a raid and forces each team all on the same layer. 1 guild drops a head…when it goes off and your layer didn’t get a buff? Just drop another head.

1 Like

Again, it doesn’t work that way. You cannot just ‘drop another head’

1 Like

You CANNOT. Dropping the head in one layer starts the cooldown period in ALL layers.

If your layer didn’t get a buff, does it lock out all other layers?

Yes.

Gotcha. I guess better get that mind control priest ready.

2 Likes

Yes, it currently does - which is super broken / dumb

Anytime someone turns in Nef / Onyxia / Rend, it locks out all layers from turning it in and receiving the buff (even though their layer didn’t receive the buff)

would you play video games at all if you couldn’t flex or trash-talk? I dont think you would

Post on your main, I love all these noobs who are afraid to post on their mains lmao

What hurts a raiding guild more over time?
Ten people missing world buffs every week? Or ten people not able to get online to raid every week?

2 Likes

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive?

Basically the only end game content worth doing is parsing. Everything is very easy, gear is a joke to get.

Competing with yourself week over week brings a sense of accomplishment. My guild is full of analysts and we love having bets with each other to see how we do.

Coordination amongst the team to get buffs and prep for raids for the sake of competition is really enjoyable.

4 Likes

@Contention
Well said

Agreed with everything you’ve said.

If we’re getting stuck with layers, changes are needed to facilitate continuity.

They should just remove the world buff cd’s, flag what layer you’re on, or make them server wide (rather than layer).

1 Like