World Buffs are a Raiding Exploit?

So prior knowledge and 15 years of theory crafting may change the meta from Vanilla? Wow. Who would have thought that.
It’s not hard to get all these buffs at once. Warlocks/alts and organized timing is the key. Are they needed? Not really but it sure will make things easier for the less geared. Heck I can’t wait to get WCB on my low level alts. Lol.
The ZG buff is God mode for a semi twink let alone a bis. Muhahahaha
I think it’s a bit of a stretch to call it an exploit just because people didn’t actively do it in Vanilla. Cheaper than flasks. Lol. Oh. My. God. These buffs will alter the economy. Lol.
Was it possible to get these buffs and enter the raids in Vanilla? Yes. It was. Players will seek out and utilize every single advantage they can. Welcome to gaming. Welcome to a re-release of a 15 yr old game that has been theory crafted to death!

You cant be serious about this. They knew exactly what players were doing going into naxx with potion stacks and buffs. The only guild clearing at the time were the ones going down that road of total consumables. That was the reason why they limited consumables in TBC.

The issue was players were STILL going back to get buffs because players want every advantage they can get in this game to clear what they consder hard content. SSC and TK were not a cake walk. Expectations from the developers were that players would STOP running the content and skip the buffs.

I would hope peoples argument for something in classic doesnt hinge around a patch in TBC

3 Likes

BC raids at launch were overtuned af tbh

1 Like

Once they got them in range they were enjoyable. Except vashj, i never liked that fight. I would also say that compared to Wrath Naxx i would rather have TBC raids again.

Raiding in Vanilla is trivial. World buffs are powerful.

The hard part of raiding in Classic is going to be the same as in Vanilla, herding the cats. Getting 40 people to be on time, prepared, and with the knowledge they need to work together. Do that, and Classic raids are cake. Do that a 100 times and maybe you are geared up.

1 Like

As much as I hate world buffs, and I personally think they are not fun, they were a big part of progression in the actual game. Many world first kills of end-raid bosses were achieved through stacking world buffs.

I hate them, but they’re in the game. They are already being limited to a large extent, because they don’t operate naturally on private servers. Normally, there is a 2-6 hour cooldown (depending on the buffs) for things like Hakkar/Ony/Nef turn-ins. You couldn’t turn in another head if one was still “on display” originally. This doesn’t exist on private servers. This means it will be a lot more difficult to get a full suite of world buffs regularly.

Stacking world buffs is a meta on pservers, guilds pushing progression get the entire raid these buffs fairly quickly. I know I’ve done it. Once a majority of the raid has them, its burn through the raid as quickly as possible. This will absolutly be the norm on classic if this isnt fixed.

Raiding with world buffs compared to not having them is the difference between night and day.

The content is a joke with stacked world buffs, just sayin…

4 Likes

Patching something out of the game does not mean it wasn’t intended for use on earlier content. Legendary traits from Legion don’t work anymore. I guess they were an exploit by your logic?

No, they just don’t want to tune future content around them.

1 Like

People used world buffs. But only deep into naxx. Which why most people now think that no one used them.

they all stacked with eachother

the CD was longer than that. You could only literally get them once a week.

Correct, but it was still changed. The world buffs were not.

If you’re honestly trying to argue that world buffs are comparable to literally insta-killing a world boss, you’re being ridiculous.

That’s not how it worked in vanilla, though. No changes.

we only did this for loatheb in 40 nax… it was actually fun to run the old raids for the turn ins

not according to the death and taxes dude that was on Countdown to classic.

1 Like

They ultimately did for most of them… In TBC.

Beyond that, “Creative use of game mechanics” and you’re inclined to go through the effort needed to do that, more power to you. Quite literally in some cases.

Just hope you don’t get ganked on your way to the raid instance. Or die on a trash pull.

1 Like

So, if a guild has put in the time and effort to be able to down Nefarian, ZG, and DM, and has enough time to do all of the above AND go do Naxx, why stop them?

They are putting in the effort in-game, they should get the reward in-game. They sure as hell arn’t getting a reward IRL because of all the time spent in-game, so don’t take the in-game stuff away from them.

I would disagree. It is still quite possible to wipe with those buffs if the people make mistakes.

I don’t see how stacking all the world buffs will even be feasible without immense luck?? Once a person turns in a head, you can’t turn in another head for a while, which basically means if another guild turns in a head right before your raid, you simply can’t turn in the one you’re saving unless you wait which hardcore guilds are unlikely to do.

Given the amount of people likely playing classic, it would seem likely that you will not be able to control or foresee when and who is turning in their heads.

Only on a night that you are immensely lucky and nobody else is raiding would you ever have the chance to stack them all…

Man i hated this so much in wotlk Cata + It was so lame, a new patch comes out no one ever thinks about doing the older raids same with MOP and TOT was my favorite raid since like… Uld, but the TOT patch cycle was so small no one stepped back in there.

As for the Ony nef head. IT SHOULD have about a few hour timer on it, I.E if bob Hands in the head at 5:30 est, and Joe hands it in at 6:00 est both PM The 6 pm buff shouldn’t go off if i recall. I mean, the elite are going to stack buffs if said player dies once they lose the buffs. It’s mostly used for speed runs and hardcore guilds pushing content.

It’s a real pain to honestly get all this done, let’s do the Math…

First buff, is songflower. Which probably you won’t be able to buff the entire raid with right? Then there’s ZG Heart. which EVERYONE has to book it to STV island. Then there’s ony / Nef buff, which you gotta book it stormwind. Then there’s the DM trib buffs, Now we already cut out songflower the probably best one of the buffs.

If i recall, the order is DM trib. (Only 5 people are getting that buff at a time mind you unless you have group set up for multi able trib runs which happens.) Two, you get everyone summoned or to run to STV island or stormwind vice versa. THEN you run to the raid, and between that THOSE buff timers are ticking. Also if you die once for any reason you lose em. It’s a real pain in the tush to organize FORTY PEOPLE TO DO THIS

If song flower isn’t abusable like it was on P servers then i’m not seeing that much of a huge problem, i mean that alone is 5% crit if i recall. I feel consumables will give players a much better edge then anything else Dark runs demonic runes potions etc.

The rek bomb also was changed very very early in vanilla. it was never a thing in 1.12. That’s only a pservers. It was changed literally like 1.2 or 1.3

Also world buffs literally didn’t do much in raids. since they all go away after you die. most groups never kept them past the first trash wipe.

It’ll become meta, you’ll see. Heard it here first folks

2 Likes