World Bosses increase should be only the begining

As mentioned on the Council forums and several threads before this week, We didn’t need a bug…there’s feedback but ignored.

A lot of RNG mounts in the game has a really frustrating design, It took a bug to open Devs eyes about this kind of issue. Over the years a lot of players talked about mounts like love rocket drop but until the game has a bad state and there’s more communication for a while, We get an actual response last event but We still need to see those changes.

Some mounts like Paragons, Necroray Eggs, Soundless…etc just have a bad design without any sort of progress, there’s space for RNG on this game but when you need a lot of alts to beat the odds, that’s the point on which Devs should think, Are we creating this to engage player in fun gameplay? Or just wasting players time for metrics?

I’ve most of the mounts in game and I’d like to see improvements on the community and rewards, that could be extended to tmogs, pets…etc

Devs should care more about the overall state of the game and legacy content, instead We’ve issues from SL development without solution like WoD missing tmogs…

This hotfix should be only the begining around rewards improvements…

6 Likes

There are more improvements to be made, but for now I’m taking the supposed win. I’m not saying to ease the pressure. I’m just saying we should probably take a minute and thank them for a genuinely good decision, however big of an increase it actually was.

2 Likes

I’m glad for the community and that maybe its a lesson learned by Devs, so future RNG drops won’t have that kind of drop rate. Also, I’m mad because the community has provided feedback since MoP about this and it has been ignored…even CC post from February about low % drops.

BTW, Good luck to any player trying these mounts!

Oh yeah, it should not have taken this long. Period. That is inexcusable.

3 Likes

Blizzard should do a live chat, communicate more and check the limits of RNG and frustation among the communities…We don’t have communication directly to players besides the hotfix…It’s absurd that We needed a bug for this kind of fix.

Do we need a bug for the skip to Garrosh that was mentioned previously by Devs?

Same for a lot of other cosmetic rewards…I still don’t see any communication from Reward Devs on the Beta forums.

Maybe, even check BMAH and do changes for the rotation, now that these mounts drop was increase.

1 Like

Eh call me elitist or don’t but I like rare things. I really hope they don’t go and make every mount easy to get.

1 Like

I don’t say hang outs on your email, but there’s things like this world boss mounts that took a lot of attemtps, i did 8k for sha and the other mounts were between 3-5k… the problem is that you never have any progress, I had a lot of attempts due to my alt army but every attempt was the same % chance.

If Devs implemented Bad luck mechanics, even if that mechanic required 2000 attempts on your account…etc, the mount will be rare but not that EXTREME NOT LIFE RARE… with a 0 fun gameplay that We needed a bug for a fix after several years of players asking for changes.

That’s why I mentioned live chats, they did one for Quest Designers and the CC members, Rewards as topic is always left behind and there’s a lot that could be improve.

Take on consideration, that some players try to grind somethings with just 1 character, maybe they’ll have luck but it’s really bad compared to collectors using a lot of alts to beat odds, the game should have a better design, so new players have a better opportunity to get cosmetics without waiting years.

Cammack, you’re getting emotional and overreacting, I agree with you that % for drops should be provided by Blizzard, even gear doesn’t have %, If you look for drop rates for gear, cosmetics that’s calculated by WoWhead and other tools.

That idea of a daily lockout was already provided several times on these forums but there’s also the issue of “burn out” with that terrible gameplay, actually as mentioned before We needed changes since MoP, not now that looks like a reaction to a bug. If you’re doing 52 attempts per week and if you pay attention to big collectors communities, you’ll get the loot very soon.

Doing a daily lock out and the increase % will be basically the following change:

Doomwalker was a daily lockout and We never knew the drop rate but it was between 1-3%, Devs changed it because if you think from the perspective of a player with a single character, it only has like 15 attempts per year, almost an impossible goal if you’re unlucky.

I think Devs moved the MoP world boss to be something similar, so it’s rare for a player with few character but it becomes more probable for the invested collectors.

I think there’s a middle ground with RNG and it was accomplish now, Actually I’ll encourage you as a council member to ask for a Live chat with reward Devs, Rewards are a topic always left behind or ask for accurate % in the future provided by Blizzard.

Maybe changes to Paragon, Soundless, Raids skips,Necroray Eggs…there’s still a lot of in game points of frustation that could be improved, Unfortunately CC forums are being wasted at the moment.

I dont think there is any emotion in my statement. I think that there should be more transparency for drops rates.

I don’t think that’s why they changed it. I think they realized that making the basis of farming this mount “You can farm it on all your alts every year!” meant they were locking themselves into having to have it up every year.

I think they should have sensible standard drop rates for mounts. Plus account-wide BLP. Old raid mounts could be 1:50, and if you haven’t got it by your 50th attempt you will get it on number 51. Ultra rare mounts should be 1:250, again with BLP.

2 Likes

Well as I mentioned, We don’t have this even for gear or anything, I’d like to see that too like any gacha game that due to country regulations must provide the drop rates…

We need BLP, it was brought by some Council members before and the general community but Blizzard doesn’t provide any input about rewards and I think the council should push more about some of these casual topics besides the endgame. So, We can have fixes ASAP instead of years later like these world boss mounts.

I’d like to add into this: I’d originally stopped counting Galleon kills a year or more ago it feels after breaking the 1400+ kills mark. I’ve done another 15 or so since they changed the drop rates, and have not seen it drop yet still. All I’ve gotten on every kill since the change, from galleon that is, is the sack of gold.

The only reason I even started farming this mount was for an rp concept I had for a ‘raised by saurok, savage warrior pandaren’. An interesting concept in my opinion, but, in trying to get a proper mount for that concept I found there are only 3 mushan beasts, Galleon’s Son, which is abysmal to get, brawlers guild beast which was removed, and one involving bloody coins which requires pvp or ‘kill trading’ with other players and a per player cd on the coin drops of a few minutes. As I don’t particularly enjoy pvp, and I would feel horrid asking my friends to help me grind those coins off them in the timeless isle, that leaves only one option.

Since I started this farm, not only have I lost interest in that character concept to the point it sickens me, the only reason I haven’t stopped is a mix of sunk cost falacy, gamblers falacy, and spite. I feel this is the reason many people who aren’t hard core collectors keep trying for these things, and it’s not healthy for us, or the game, as it encourages suffering and by extension, a toxic mindset.

Better drop rates is a literal drop in the bucket here, retro-active BLP MUST be implemented asap imo for this stuff. The vaugery also doesn’t help with peoples mistrust of what the devs say either. As they could have increased the drop rates by 200% and while that is greatly increased, if the base chance was 0.03%, then it’s still only 0.09%. It’s technically true while being horribly misleading (much like ‘we will fix WoD crafting in a future update’ at the start of SL when they actually meant ‘an update in a future expansion to be determined at a later time’)

1 Like

That’s why even when I’m a hardcore collector, I’d like to see improvements on legacy content, rewards should be designed from a point of view of players using 1 character as minimum; therefore, BLP is required or RNG % adjusted to that value, if a player with a single character can only do 1 attempt per week and the chance is 1:3000, then in order to reach the maximum amount of attempts to see a single drop will require 57 years…that’s not good design.

No, it’s not, and it forces what is, in my opinion, a pretty degenerate game play experience. No offense meant to people that enjoy alt army (I’ve a number of alts for rp purposes myself) but it shouldn’t be a REQUIREMENT to unlock things.

Honestly, if they are gonna keep BoP too, then make BoP unlocks happen regardles of what the character can wear/use. Just as disheartening as no drops, is getting all the awesome drops…for other classes.

Especially the holiday mounts. There is absolutely no reason for a mount that can only be farmed for a couple weeks a year should be a low drop rate at all. These should be fun mounts that everyone has, not ones that frustrate you for litteral decades.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean with a design based on players with 1 character as minimum, so the % won’t need an army of alts that’s a degenerate way of play this big slot machine.

Yeah, I’m saying I agree, the current design is what’s degenerate about it more than anything.

And don’t get me started on content that was removed only for the sake of FOMO.

1 Like

Indeed, I’d like to point out that some of us that are mad at the increased drop decision have that opinion because we worked hard to get this stuff, whether like me by getting 1 mill on several realms to bid cap before anyone else in wod on BMAH, or actually doing thousands of kills, which would be absolutely unneeded if the drop rate had been fine since the start, I wouldn’t have paid for a standard drop rate mount and I would’ve got it within 500 kills if I had farmed it (did so in eu ofc, that’s why this toon doesn’t show them), whereas the only one I farmed seriously, oonda, took me 5.351 tries, which is still more than any other mount without exception.

If they had fixed them immediately, or why not, implemented them with a standard drop rate, there wouldn’t have been these arguments between people who hadn’t farmed them and people who had in the last 10 years.

Btw, OP, I’m impressed: I took a look at your mounts and you have 820 something, which is actually more than me in the EU, we miss a similar amount of mounts but you seem to have got more old unobtainables, so it’s impressive you want them to make soundless and such easier, I thought it would be someone missing soundless asking for that; about that mount I never complained about the drop rate, which was 1 in 200 at least in bfa, I complained about the spawn rate, because it put you into a situation where if you got really unlucky it was hard to accumulate the required kills, which could be approaching the thousand, whereas had it had a good spawn rate, killing it 1k times would’ve been reasonable.

1 Like

There’s 2 values about RNG, Drop rate and Attempts, regarding soundless it could be address by a 100% drop rate with a RNG spawn and a big respawn like TLPD or a lower % rate but a better respawn timer for more attempts, there’s a lot of ways to improve the game, instead We’ve a big slot machie, I’ll benefit of any change because if Devs change previous mounts that means that future mounts won’t have the same poor design choices. I suffer with a lot of my mounts but that doesn’t mean that other players must suffer the same. If you’re a collector, you need an army of alts and I don’t consider that good gameplay, if you’re just using those alts for another attempt, also the gameplay around a lot of mounts is almost 0…not fun and you’ll spend more time watching series or playing other games while waiting for a respawn, those kind of approach just turn WoW into a good game for a second monitor.

Yes, I definitely would have preferred the 2nd option for soundless, don’t like those mounts like tlpd which are guaranteed but where you have to camp a lot unless you’re lucky to stumble upon it while doing other stuff.

But yes, there’s something positive to take from this if they stop making mounts with incredibly low drop (except perhaps fishing mounts, where you can achieve the thousands of casts required in a reasonable time-frame) or frustrating design.

1 Like