"working as intended" unable to mog enchant

I earned an enchant called Bloody Dancing Steel during MoP.
When I go back to the MoP vendor it requires duelist for a later expansion that I didn’t play. I have this enchant on weapons. How is working as intended the answer to my ticket? Why would blizzard intend to give something to players and remove it and give it away for a different reason later on? that seems like a strange intention to have…

We have a Support Article that covers this a bit.

2 Likes

Thanks but why was the enchant removed and replaced with an illusion from a different xpac that looks exactly the same? I would like to put it on a modern weapon. Can I put in a ticket to at least have the enchant scrolls?

That would be a development question, not a customer support question. You’re welcome to reach out via Twitter to @warcraftdevs and see if they can provide you with an explanation.

If it’s not something that you can do yourself in-game, then a GM is not going to be able to do it either unfortunately.

5 Likes

Iirc, the enchant required a specific battleground rating to purchase and apply and also had an upper limit cap. The visual itself is still in the game but the enchant isn’t.

If you had an old enchant in your inventory, it should still be able to be applied as long as BG rating is high enough and weapon level is low enough.

1 Like