Worgen should have tails

I’m not making this argument based on some need for additional fur (or, uh, because I belong to a group of people who are committed to a certain [unseemly] lifestyle), but rather for three simple (and interrelated) reasons:

1. At least half of all werewolves seem to have tails - it’s not like worgen receiving tails would make them look bizarre. Yes, there are those that don’t… but, IMO, they look funny without them, especially if…

2. The werewolves are all hunched over… and Worgen definitely fit into this category. A tail would really balance out that bizarre posture issue. Male worgen, in particular, lean so ludicrously far forward when running - it really just begs for a tail to be following after, if only to keep them from smashing muzzle-first into the pavement.

3. Wolves have tails. It’s just… kind of an essential, wolf-y thing. They use their tails so much in expressing different moods and feelings; it seems very wrong to have worgen be otherwise pretty heavily on the dog-like side of the werewolf coin (as opposed to, like, Michael J. Fox in Teen Wolf), and yet lack at tail.

13 Likes

And a spine, please

3 Likes

I don’t see any reason why we can’t have worgen tails as optional customization.

5 Likes

The bad news is you didn’t specify what kind of tail

So now all worgen hairstyles will now have greasy hippy ponytails added to them

1 Like

They could just give worgen upright options AND tails.

But you’re right, most animals have tails for the sake of balance, just so happens that the disgusting hunch male worgen have is begging for any type of balance.

4 Likes

Moore floof plz

2 Likes

I also don’t understand why male pandaren can’t have tails. I mean, part of me thinks they would look really weird with them but… the girls can have them. So… why not?

7 Likes

1: “Half of werewolves have tails,” doesn’t mean WoW’s version of the werewolf should have tails. Its Blizz’s take on the werewolf, not (insert creator of a variant with tail).
2: A tail isn’t going to prevent a male worgen from tipping forward and eating the ground.
3: Humans do not have tails. Its kind of an essential human thing. Facial expression and body posture can be done with worgens as well, and they already seem just as expressive as the other races.

Worgens don’t need tails because it wasn’t part if Blizz’s intended design for them.
However, I am still willing to read a good reason of why they “should” without making it sound like “because I think its cool”.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the only reason I’ve needed for anything.

5 Likes

And vulpera should get nine tails

6 Likes

There’s a megathread for this! :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Only after they become Demon Hunters… but I reserve the right to put one in a cage and name it “Mr. Kurama”…

1 Like

WoW has changed their original design decisions in response to “because I think its cool” many times. If enough people want tailed worgen, I don’t see any problem with adding it as an option.

• Male orcs can now be upright after ~10 years of being hunched over.
  • Tailed female pandaren used to be limited to orange fur colors only.
  • Playable blood elves were written as exclusively pale-skinned, green-eyed elves until BfA and SL.
  • The nightborne were not intended to be playable and that only changed due to player reaction.
  • The playable trolls now have access to Sandfury and Shatterspear troll skins despite being written and described as Darkspear trolls exclusively for ~10 years.
  • Death Knight and Demon Hunter hair colors are now available to everyone.

As for your third point… I’m afraid I don’t follow. You’re right, humans don’t have tails. They also don’t have rows of sharp teeth with fangs. They don’t have snouts. They certainly don’t have a wolf’s vision or sense of hearing, yet all of these are present in worgen.

7 Likes

Because the original model had many details that were thrown away at the launch of the cataclysm, like hairstyles. And Blizzard did not add a tail either for lack of time or for not being satisfied with the final result at the time.
Nightbornes were conceived as a playable race with a very different look from what we see in the game and people always ask Blizzard to correct this imperfection.
As with the Worgens, the current model is incomplete.

Vulperas were conceived without a tail at first, and then one was added to them. Why did vulpes need a tail? No! Because aesthetically, they look better with a tail. They are complete.
Saberons have a tail and use the same model as the worgen, so nowadays, it is not a problem to add a tail, as a cosmetic option to the Worgen.
Under the guise of changing the original concept, orcs were designed quite differently from what we see people using. and it was a change made because it was considered cool. That is, to please an aesthetic option.

Worgen need more customization options that make them more like wolves that walk like men and not men who bend over to resemble wolves.

Give Worgen Tails.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I think it would look cool for a Worgen to have a tail as well. Worgen is a druid form, no reason why they couldn’t have a wolf tail.

And worgen are a humanoid version of Goldrinn, the Elder Wolf. LOBO.
Do not monkey buttocks.

I yet stand by my declaration prior.
Hang the tails and give me Gilneas.

1 Like

Worgen will get tails the day male pandaren get tails.