Worgen should have been a Class, not a Race

Careful now, kung-fu wolfmen doesn’t fit in the typical werewolf archetype.

Seriously, now I wanna make a worgen fury warrior with invisible weapons.

Mogged with tuxedo pants only

It was actually supposed to be a hero class, but wasnt. Only a flea bitten race. Blizz at one time was thinking of giving one hero race to Horde and another one to Alliance. But seeing as how this is an MMO, the balance for that would be near impossible.

I look fine Elf. At least I don’t sparkle!

Now, where do you get the gall to imply this when I’m constantly arguing against changes and additions to the game that I don’t think would make sense?

You’ve already demonstrated that your idea of what makes sense is unreliable. There’s no reason to take your opinion seriously if you can’t substantiate it with anything remotely meaningful. It works like this, you make an argument and then explain WHY people should agree with you. Claim, followed by facts, evidence, logic, etc. What you do is “here’s my opinion and I believe it just because and you should agree with me just because”. If you want a good game, that’s not how it works.

Kinda funny how you push back against my read that you are just being nihilistic and then immediately follow that with this statement.

like Lightforged DHs were likely or possible until the 9.1.5 announcement made it obvious that the devs don’t give a crap anymore and I mostly stopped caring in turn.

Hmm.

And when that inevitably falls completely flat, you used a weird, gate-keeping tactic like this one:

Meanwhile, most actual worgen fans are likely eyeing their race getting paladins and shamans in the future, and they greatly outnumber you.

First, you’re not the Supreme Emperor who gets to decide what qualifies someone as an “actual” Worgen fan. I am a fan of the Worgen whether you like it or not, that’s why I want it to be good. You have no clue how many players out there would play a Worgen if it wasn’t such a lame implementation, therefore you also have zero clue of who “outnumbers” who here. The only thing that is completely outnumbered is the amount of facts or rationale behind your argument vs mine.

Even the name worgen lends itself to a race better than a class, because the other classes have names that actually sound like classes and can realistically be part of the Alliance and Horde’s armies.

Just another plain bad opinion, and yikes this one makes it painfully obvious that you’re not coming up with any real reasoning to refute my original claim, huh. Worgen is no better or worse than Forsaken, or Mechagnome, and even if it was, who cares about the name of the race? Literal non-issue.

Void elves and vulpera are extremely popular with nightborne, Dark Irons, and Zandalari not too far behind, and they’ll all see a surge in numbers when allied race unlock

I know you’re not super interested in facts or data, but try looking up some actual stats about race populations in WoW. None of these allied races are even remotely popular, they are, in fact, the opposite.

Alliance would’ve gotten as the foil to goblins if your self-aggrandizing idea was a reality, or what the story would’ve been if the worgen were another club for every race as opposed to just Gilneans who got screwed over by something the night elves did. I wouldn’t call a worgen class hall a “minor” problem

This is without question a very minor problem, but since it seems like the closest you’re going to get to making a real point, I’ll respond. First, what race would act as the foil to the Goblin in the cata expansion is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Focus. I don’t care if they come up with another race to do that or delete Goblins, another crappy, unplayed race from the game entirely.

As for Order Halls, geez, if only there was already another example in the game of all of the races uniting under a single banner to form a class coalition despite their differences OH WAIT that’s called a Death Knight. Thankfully, Blizzard already solved the only thing you can possibly imagine as being a problem with my concept.

I’m not even going to humor this one because it’s obvious you missed the point of my comparison completely.

You’re not humoring it because you don’t know how. You don’t know how to respond because you never made a good point to begin with, so why would you be able to substantiate it in any way? Of course you don’t want to humor it. You never said anything besides “I like it being this way, so there.” Yea, bravo, that’s one really powerful argument you made.

Well, they make the rules and you don’t, so…

Again, just a poor understanding of reality. Just because the Blizzard devs did it, it must be right? Do you believe that Blizzard devs are some kind of completely infallible omniscient beings? Well, you’ve already commented on how you’ve disagreed with other things they’ve done, so I guess it goes without saying that you don’t believe that. Another argument totally dismantled, by yourself no less.

Then you have no real right to tell anyone else what worgen should’ve been when the people who do play the race are unanimously fine with where it is now.

Wrong again, I have every right to express my opinion about the game’s design. I like how you are once again declaring yourself the spokesperson of all Worgen players. You’re not, just stop.

Dude, again, imagine fury warrior worgen with invisible weapons. What more do you want?

You can’t get more werewolf than that.

They even roar and what not.

Dude, I’m not interested in your bad idea, leave me alone

Ooo someone’s jelly they didn’t think of it themselves

Let’s see…

Flailing claws, check

Leaving behind a bloody wake, check

Charging at their prey check.

Loud vicious roars, check.

Minimal, mogging, check.

Only thing you’re missing is a bite.

Which could be fixed by replacing darkflight with let’s say, “rabid bite”: that does some kind of utility debuff.

Darkflight sucks anyway.

Running wild already satisfies the running aspect of the fantasy.

Why you no happy, papi?

No, more like I don’t feel like having a game design discussion with someone who seemingly can’t even be bothered to address things I’ve already mentioned multiple times.

Again, what else is missing that I didn’t cover?

Yup, just reread the OP.

My invisible weapon idea is superior in every way.
And covers what you want, especially if you go fury war.

You get your typical werewolf by playing a melee class and other continue there unconventional werewolf archetype.

I got a gift for concepts, you’re welcome.

And the other poster called me self-aggrandizing. The irony…

Lol, it’d be ironic if I was the one who called you that…

You literally thought Worgen were an entirely separate race of aliens summoned by Elune or something.

I was half right, and I dropped that argument since I stood corrected, so what’s your point?

Why do you need things repeated to you multiple times? Are you ok?

I didn’t ask you to repeat anything.

I asked you what’s the point of bringing up that irrelevant discussion on their origin.

It still doesn’t mean they should be a class any more than forsaken, lmao.

Especially with much simpler ideas, like mine, that can actually be implemented for real, unlike yours, which would require to break the game.

I’m absolutely with you on that.

If you look at the Dracthyr, this demarcation of being just this one class works really well.
Finally, a real role-playing division.

That would have and can work just as well with the Worgen.
This race would also be absolutely great for having their own class.

Give the players a free race change and make the Worgen its own class.
1 Tank tree, 1 Melee DD tree and another DD branch that splits into melee and invoking the moon, besting like wolves and later wargen and having them temporarily intervene in combat and supporting teammates well with howls and moonshine magic.

I play Worgen myself, but I would just change my classes that are now Worgen and rather take the own stable new Worgen race/class.

Would make WoW better again RPG-technically.

You know as little about creating a strong character fantasy as you do about Worgen origin lore. I’ll repeat myself. Your idea is half baked, as in it does nothing to address any other problems that I’ve described about having Worgen be a race. All you’ve done is copy pasted the monk fighting animation strategy onto Worgen. Making the Worgen a class rather than a race is still a 10x better idea for the game, plain and simple. And no, I’m not going to reenact the entire thread for you so you can try to understand why.

And here I thought they are neither! :eyes:

Eh sorry, but no.

Like it or not, worgen are ultimately a race.

What your suggesting is completely pointless as there’s zero chance blizz would turn a freaking race into a class.

Plus, worgen, at least gilnean ones, arent just mindless monsters. They’re human who have been cursed and are walking the edge of humanity and savagery.

It makes sense, with that context, that some are hunters or that some are mages.

If anyone needs to recheck the entire worgen lore as a whole instead of just their origin then maybe you’d get that too.

But regardless it’s completely insane you would even suggest something as stupid as turning a freaking race into a class.

Like seriously man? Just hope for invisible weapons and have a drink.