Worgen should have been a Class, not a Race

Cool, glad we’re all on the same page. Worgen isn’t a race and would have been better developed as a class, and would probably have been easier to design that way too.

No man, worgen are just wolfmen.

They don’t have any special powers, they just have claws and teeth.

Whether you see them as a race or a state of being. They’re simply just that, “beings”.

You just wanna play a worgen that’s not a human half the time.

You probably played feral in WoD didn’t you?

1 Like

I guess Druid Bear form is just a bear, right? Just claws and teeth. Oops no wait they apparently can main tank raids including the primal incarnate dragons with only claws and teeth.

You have to stop these mental gymnastics, this isn’t even a discussion.

Do druids just turn into bears and auto attack everything?

No, I’ve never played a Worgen, I just want this game to be good again and the way you do that is by actually caring about game design. The reason this game has steadily gone down hill for 16 years isn’t because people don’t give a crap about anything being fun, cool, or making any logical sense at all. Stop. Fix it.

And the way to make the game good is by making worgen into a class?

They’ve been just fine as a race for more than a decade.

1 Like

They’re not fine, they’re one of the least played races in the game. They are a laughing stock comic relief race and even people who play them know it’s true. Get real.

Do you know how much it cost to get my fur done at a salon without blood and piece of flesh in it and don’t get me started on my nails .

1 Like

But it is…

1 Like

Because other races are more popular…

Not every race is going to be as popular as others…

Should Kiltirans be a class too? Cuz their numbers are abysmal.

Like there so much more blizz can change in wow to make it better, idk why your so fixated on this…

But worgen are awesome imo. If anything their running animation needs work, but that’s it.

I’m glad you asked. Kul’tirans shouldn’t be a class because that obviously makes zero sense. Unlike the Worgen, who would make a perfect class option. Kul’tirans should really just be condensed into Humans as a cosmetic option.

I’m not fixated on anything, me arguing my point is not a fixation, we’re having a discussion.

I also think Worgen are awesome, which is why I want them to live up to their potential from a game design perspective, they should be an avenue for players to explore the werewolf character fantasy, as I’ve stated repeatedly.

That’s because bans for bots are not common since the game is in maintenance mode. I’d wager that nearly half of the ‘players’ are bots, many people would agree.

That’s already the case.

In fact, th3 current way is better because you can play a variety of werewolf fantasies.

You can be a rogue werewolf, a wizard werewolf, a archer werewolf, etc, etc.

Your idea would take away player agency because YOU think worgen arent living up to their potential.

We already had a wereanimal class back in WoD when feral had claws of shivara. We arent missing much

In fact you could argue that feral is exactly the class your describing even now.

So again, what exactly are you fighting for???

1 Like

No, you can’t fulfill any of those fantasies in the game, because you never really get to be a werewolf.

No version of the current Worgen comes close to feeling like a werewolf. A Worgen with a gun is not a werewolf. A Worgen casting mage spells is not a werwolf. That’s not what the character fantasy is, and everyone knows it. That’s why no one plays this bad race.

Feral is also not a werewolf, that is a hilariously bad comparison.

I’m fighting for good game design, especially in painfully obviously cases like how a character that becomes a werewolf should play.

Claws and fangs…

Again, feral had claws of shivara in WoD…

Sounds like you’d be happy if worgen could get invisible weapon mogs for melee classes and specs.

That way you’d be flailing around like wolverine.

But saying a worgen plain and simple isn’t a werewolf the way it is now is ridiculous. Because you can’t fight like a mindless animal? Come on…

“Come on” isn’t an argument. Worgen don’t live up to the werewolf fantasy, that’s just an obvious fact. It’s baffling to me that a character in the game could become a werewolf and would be able to engage in a fight in every possible way, using spells or weapons, but not with simply using their own teeth and claws. The kind of mental gymnastics you have to do to defend blizz on this design are wild.

Yes, Worgen should fight like wolverine, like feral animals. That’s the entire point. They’re Worgen. Maybe if they were designed properly, people would actually want to play them.

So again, I think a simple solution would be to give worgen a racial invisible one handed and two-handed weapons for melee classes…

If I’m not mistaken I think monks have something like that.

See? Now you can be wizard werewolves and gun-slinging werewolves AND typical flailing werewolves without breaking the game.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Thanks for coming up with a half baked bandaid solution that only half solves maybe 1 of the 10 problems I’ve raised over the course of my argument. You should definitely apply for a job at activision, you’d be a shoo in.

Half baked?

You say you wanna fight like wolverine, right?

How do you think a worgen rogue would look like with invisible weapons?

Hell, imagine a fury warrior, that sounds badass.

Charging around in a bloody wake with minimal clothing as a mog. Sounds incredible.

Now what else are you missing and I’ll come up with simpler and feasible ideas.

1 Like

Now, where do you get the gall to imply this when I’m constantly arguing against changes and additions to the game that I don’t think would make sense? I was one of the biggest opponents of Blizzard making every class available to every race, mainly because I didn’t think things like Lightforged DHs were likely or possible until the 9.1.5 announcement made it obvious that the devs don’t give a crap anymore and I mostly stopped caring in turn. If your retort is you saying that you think worgen would make more sense as a class than a race, well, that’s too bad because the community at large and the game’s very creators disagree with you.

It’s not greed for me to not want the fantasy of being a worgen forever locked to a glorified druid with extra or fewer steps, with your choice of race mainly translating to your character’s fur and eye colors, no different from druid form customization. Meanwhile, most actual worgen fans are likely eyeing their race getting paladins and shamans in the future, and they greatly outnumber you. Even the name worgen lends itself to a race better than a class, because the other classes have names that actually sound like classes and can realistically be part of the Alliance and Horde’s armies. You notice how dracthyr is a race and evoker is a class instead of dracthyr themselves being the class?

Well, they make the rules and you don’t, so…

Void elves and vulpera are extremely popular with nightborne, Dark Irons, and Zandalari not too far behind, and they’ll all see a surge in numbers when allied race unlock requirements are eased up in 9.1.5. Allied races in general were a very hot topic during BfA and people are still asking for new ones to this day. Quit using mechagnomes and Kul Tirans as the measure for how they were handled and received; and even then, the reception towards those two has softened with the idea of them soon getting druids and paladins, respectively.

Honey, you can’t even suggest what the Alliance would’ve gotten as the foil to goblins if your self-aggrandizing idea was a reality, or what the story would’ve been if the worgen were another club for every race as opposed to just Gilneans who got screwed over by something the night elves did. I wouldn’t call a worgen class hall a “minor” problem when class halls made up an enormous part of Legion’s gameplay, and it likely would’ve been pretty hard to give a worgen class everything the other classes had (artifacts, champions, missions, Broken Shore mount, etc.) without just copypasting things from druids.

I’m not even going to humor this one because it’s obvious you missed the point of my comparison completely.

Then you have no real right to tell anyone else what worgen should’ve been when the people who do play the race are unanimously fine with where it is now.

Exactly this. You can play a worgen Outlaw or WW right now, and hopefully also Fury when they make Single-Minded Fury actually competitive with Titan’s Grip again.

2 Likes