Worgen should have been a Class, not a Race

Oh, ok so it’s a “permanent creature”… except that one sentence’s worth of lore where Blizzard says it isn’t. Thanks for that clarification.

Those druids were permanently turned into worgen… It’s a CURSE for a reason.

The gilnean player’s mind was literally almost completely lost before they were “cured”

Again, a ‘race’ is something that should be true-breeding and not require artificial processes to gestate, or at least are not generated from a race prior to it. Tauren are a proper ‘race’ because they are born Tauren, and no outside process is necessary to make them Tauren. Humans are born Human, and no outside process is necessary to make them Human. Ditto for Orcs, Vulpera, NE, BE, etc.

Forsaken are not born, they are created and they are created from former Humans into a state of undeath. Worgen are not born, they are created and they are created from former Humans now bearing a curse. LFD are not born, they are created and they are created from standard Draenei with a process that infuses them with Light. Void Elves (as far as we know) are not born, they are created and they are created from former Blood/High Elves in a process that infuses them with the energy of the Void. Mechagnomes are not born, they are created and they are created from former Gnomes that explore cybernetic augmentation.

Okay, in the magical world of azeroth, they’re all “races”.

Either created by nature or magical intervention.

If we use OPs logic then humanity is a class since they were created by the curse of flesh.

Humans are true-breeding, however, so the definition doesn’t apply.

They were created by the curse of flesh from iron born vrykul

For all we know humanoids who are perma turned into worgen can make worgen babies, that just hasn’t gotten the chance to be explored.

1 Like

I can’t recall where, but I think it was hard-confirmed that Worgen cannot pass the curse on through birth, two Worgen or a Worgen and a Human produce an uncursed Human.

EDIT: This isn’t me arguing against the concept, I’m just saying what I have a vague recollection of being said. That said, I won’t gainsay it if I see it.

But Worgen, VE, LFD, MG, and Forsaken are all ‘states of being’ rather than being true races.

1 Like

Probably because their curse is more or less Diluted.

Blizz has said nothing on fully turned worgen.

1 Like

Also applying this logic then ethereals are also not a race since I’m sure ethereals can’t procreate either.

1 Like

We don’t know how Ethereals reproduce, or if they’re altered beings. We have a rough idea how Humans reproduce, and we’ve seen Human children. Tauren children. Pandaren children. Orcish children. Draenei children. We will likely never see an LFD child, MG child, VE child, Forsaken child, or Worgen child.

Ethereals were once fleshy beings. They turned into ethereals after karesh got consumed by void.

1 Like

Does their altered state allow them to reproduce? If not, then Ethereal may well be a class, since it would be a state entered by another creature.

1 Like

I feel like if WoW was a MoBA instead of an MMO, we’d get stuff like this.

Each race would be class, like gnome/goblin tinker, tauren/draenei shaman, orc/human warrior, worgen assassin, elven archer, etc.

Um, you’d have to ask metzen that question.

At first glance, I don’t think ethereals have the “tools” to procreate.

But we know that various ethereals are various classes. From rogues to mages.

1 Like

I already agreed and helped make the point that Forsaken isn’t a race. Worgen is also not a race. I already linked the lore that explicitly states it is and always was a druid animal form. Case closed.

The curse of flesh is not really comparable to the worgen curse either. The curse of flesh is literally god tier magic that was used to birth a new race of mortal beings, complete with abilities to procreate. Worgen and Forsaken exist because of mortals meddling in magic too much, can’t procreate as was mentioned, etc.

Well, yeah, there’s no reason a ‘state’ of being can’t be a class as well. A Forsaken is just an undead Human. So Forsaken isn’t a race, it’s a state of being. A Forsaken is no more a unique race than a poisoned Human, since they’re both simply states of Human.

Elune magic isn’t God tier magic?

They combined her magic and a single druid form to create a single permanent form. Keyword PERMANENT.

And for all intents and purposes forsaken are a “race” in the MAGICAL world of warcraft

I mean it could go either way I guess.

Op is arguing that it’s stupid that worgen isnt a class, period.

They’re defined as such because the game isn’t built with ‘states’ in mind. By any proper definition however, playable Worgen, VE, MG, Forsaken, and LFD are not races. They are, in order, cursed Humans, void-infused Elves, cybernetic Gnomes, undead Humans, and light-infused Draenei.

I concur, Worgen probably wouldn’t work super-well as a class without a significant revamp and availability of the Worgen Curse to other races.