Worgen death knight Lore

So I know Worgen death nights were servants of Arugal in Silverpine Forest or whatever, but does that mean I would not have access to my human form? Since once you are raised you are put in your true form? And since the servants of arugal were Worgen in the emerald dream that means a Worgen DK would not be able to use human form, right? Or wrong?

2 Likes

“You don’t remember me? We were both servants of Arugal back in Silverpine Forest. We put up with his merciless torture for ages. It was you who saved me on that fateful night when we escaped Shadowfang Keep.”

It’s likely you can still transform due to the experimentation on yourself

2 Likes

Not all the Son’s of Arugal were the original Worgen from Emerald Dream. A lot of them were also people (Gilneans as well as possibly people from Lordaeron) who had been bitten after the summoning of the Worgen by Arugal. If Wowpedia is accurate, it mentions that after the Worgen beat back the Scourge, they assaulted and took control of Shadowfang Keep from Gilneas. Then a maddened Arugal moved in and “adopted” the Worgen living there as his “children.” Many of those Worgen being cursed people from the Worgen outbreak of the Third War.

The player, is most likely one of those cursed Gilnean people that eventually escaped from Shadowfang with a friend (the Worgen guy that you kill in the DK start zone) and met their eventual end at the hands of the Scourge before being brought to Acherus and raised by Arthas.

As for whether or not DK Worgen would be able to turn back into their human form… I’d have to vote no. The argument that being raised into undeath would probably leave you in the same form that you died in.

Here’s another, more grounded, argument for no.

The modern Gilnean Worgen were able to achieve balance between beast and human after drinking (with the aid of the Nelves) from the Moonwell of Tal’Doren. Thus they are able to change back into their human form. Worgen DKs never had that privilege, and thus never achieved balance between man and beast.

In the case of DK Worgen, the mind of the Feral Beast was forcefully dominated by Arthas. Turning the feral Worgen into a obedient servant that can take orders and lead the Scourge into battle. Of course, you’re freed from Arthas after Light’s Hope, but without your feral urges and instincts. You’re a complete beast, with the mind of a DK, courtesy of Arthas. No balance at all between your human and Worgen side.

Sorry for the wall of text.

3 Likes

Humans turned into worgen due to Arugal’s loss of control over the worgen he brought from Emetald Dream.

1 Like

Omgar gives OP ear scratchies and Greenie treats. :meat_on_bone: :bone:

1 Like

Very useful thank you.
Thank you other guys as well I appreciate it

1 Like

I always preferred worgen to have a hard resistance to undeath like we see in the Silverpine quest chains, rather then a weak one. I feel like this lore was only stretched thin like this because they look cool. shrug

3 Likes

I’m out at dinner and on mobile, so I’ll have to get back to this later. But you can find info on worgen deathknights here.

Worgen deathknights can shapeshift, as there is an instance in the Brawler’s Guild where a worgen deathknight uses human form.

Worgen deathknights are not all kaldorei worgen. In fact, the player character’s friend has a human name. Arugal summoned a handful of kaldorei-worgen including Alpha Prime, bent the knee to Alpha Prime, and together they started spreading the curse to humans of the region.

You could certainly be a kaldorei-worgen deathknight, if you want to. But theres nothing saying you have to be, and “playable” worgen dk’s are former humans and are able to transform.

1 Like

You’re a beast

Tis at least half true :wink:

1 Like

A beast you say…

1 Like

A beast indeed

https://66.media.tumblr.com/479d2ed9937d9d25beded3556588178c/aa78dc6d66b29a51-7a/s540x810/734954fd05ea9ba8af96da20de48e1d2754d0099.gifv

When will you rage?

1 Like