Worgen Customization Mega Thread

There actually is a foot to stand on. Just because you disagree with what the lore dictates doesn’t mean you can ignore it. As for Christie Golden, she actually does have a say in what the lore is. Her words are just as powerful as any other employee working on lore.

2 Likes

So where in official lore is it said Worgen can’t have tails. I’ll wait.

1 Like

Again, you miss the point. How many times must it be explained that Christie Golden does not have a part in creating races and their identities? That is for the WoW team specifically. As you see from her tweet, she does story and story -only-. Story as in, an expansion’s storyline, the main quests. Not individual backstories, etc etc. She wasn’t even a part of the WoW team when worgen even became playable IIRC. I could be wrong on that one though as I don’t know when exactly she joined the team. Either way, point is, she does expansion narratives and the books in between.

She does overall story narrative. That is it.

Pretty much What Keori said right there, plus, let’s not forget, Christie Golden writes her stories based on scripts and main plot points she’s GIVEN, you know, like a writer. She isn’t one that decides what happens in the lore, as a matter of fact, it’s the lore team that does those things. She takes her knowledge about the game and incorporates it in to what she’s writing. She gives lines for dialogue here and there, but it isn’t anything that would influence the story in any way as she’s said in the past.

Plus let’s not forget, she isn’t the one that made worgens, it’s the actual lore and dev team themselves that shaped up worgens how they are today. They are the ones that decided one day blood elves will have purple eyes with no explanation what so ever other than “It was a bug in the beta, so we kept it cause it looked cool”

2 Likes

I am really glad I don’t have to deal with this stuff on FFXIV xD.

I think I saw it somewhere myself but we shall see in due time. I am… a bit pessimistic given what happened with BlizzCon. My faith in the company took a huge blow. It wasn’t just because of the customization fiasco either even though that was a pretty big deal.

Imagine being against a customization option that will not alter or effect your gameplay in any sort of way while giving actual lore breaking things a pass. KEKW

Tails on Worgen goes against the lore. None of the customization that’s been added has broken anything. Elves have always had the ability to modify their eye color through the magic they interact with/consume. Your examples aren’t very good.

2 Likes

And uh… there are quite a few that have broken lore and have been spoken about earlier in the thread. It has nothing to do with elven eyes either. I wasn’t the one who mentioned that. You still have yet to provide your sources. I know I have :slight_smile:

Trust me worgans, you do not want tails otherwise you’ll have two handed swords clipping through your tails when you jog like draenei do and it looks ridiculous.

I feel bad for worgen, they’ve never been in a good place customisation wise. Don’t hold your breath tho it literally took 20 years for Tauren to get updates and more than 4 hair styles

1 Like

Oh I know, I was a tauren main before worgen became playable. Worst thing about worgen is, we dealt with horrible models for almost ten years where at least the tauren always looked much nicer in comparison.

Shudders in snarly chihuahua

I hear you though. I absolutely adore my cow pally with the new customization options.

1 Like

I am really glad I don’t have to deal with this stuff on FFXIV xD.

Still sad about the lack of male Viera and female Hrothgar. :frowning:

But yeah, I don’t have a ton of faith in Blizzard, I’m just trying to be optimistic.

1 Like

It wouldn’t actually, unless you’re using one of those giant hammer or scythe transmogs. Worgens surprisingly have a much better position on where their weapons are places on their backs. Not once do their weapons clip through their cloaks like all the other races, meaning it’s placed far back enough where there’s enough space for all the movement going on with cloaks and a tail when they add one. Plus worgens Once in motion, the weapon moves so far back, and their chest move so forward that it would go no where near where the tail would be flailing around at, so you wouldn’t have any issues with clipping. :smiley:

https://i.imgur.com/5WcYDNo.png
https://i.imgur.com/37fs2xX.png

Also look at how unbalanced that worgen run is. You know what would fix that? A tail to even things out. :wink:

1 Like

Still waiting for you to provide proof of your claims. Should be fairly simple to copy paste the line of text that says. “Worgen are a humanoid wolf like race that can never have a tail because optional stuff is dumb.” Come on lets see it? Oh can you not find it? Here Ill give you a little hint, you will not find it cause it is not real. There is no where in the lore of Worgen that it has ever said they can’t have a tail. No what it is you trolls who are mostly people who hate the idea of a Furry in your game, (PS. You are about 16 years too late for that, blame Tauren.) come in to post your own brand of hate for something that players who play the race would like to see as something optional. Now if you want something that is really Lore breaking about Worgen come join us in getting Worgen models to 8 feet tall like they are confirmed in Lore rather than the current 6 feet 10 inches in-game. That is some confirmed lore for you that is being broken. Your turn to prove your claim.

1 Like

You can keep on ignoring the facts all you want :man_shrugging: worgens do not and can not have tails.

2 Likes

Nothing stops em, so we’ll just keep asking for the customization option for optional tails.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears
#giveworgenmoreworgencustomization

Oh… Also those things. I’m not a one tail puppy.

3 Likes

What facts my dude… or should I start calling you a troll who’s wasting our time? What “facts” are we ignoring if you are so certain of this fact surely you can save face and tell us exactly what you mean. Here once again I’ll be nice and show you how its done seeing as you have failed to provide evidence or proof of your claims.

Worgen in game are 6 feet 10 inches tall and yet in lore they are said to be 8 feet tall. We should have a lore correct size as we know 8 feet tall models work in game, Tauren, Zandi Trolls, and even the new Sylvar for the Night Fae coven are 8 feet tall and work in game just fine.

Proof of my claim:
May 9, 2014 – “@Loreology How tall are Worgen on average?” “On average? Females about 8’, and the same for males (when hunched over).”

Now what is so hard about you doing that if your claim is true? If you can prove Worgen can never have a tail in lore you should be able to link it just like I have.

2 Likes

I’ve since deleted all my social media, but awhiles back I got a like from Ms. Golden’s twitter after replying to the tail tweet.
I’d said something along the lines of ‘Tailed worgen make me happy, the slip up was great, love your work.’
I really don’t think that tweet was a concrete, lore-defining decision or signifying that Ms. Golden would oppose something like a tail, more just an effort to reflect on how things currently appear in game.
The fact that so many artists give Worgen tails anyway, including in WoW merch [that board game] and spinoffs [hearthstone cards, the intro animatic, among mountains of fan-art] kinda shows that perhaps the idea really isn’t so out there.

3 Likes

I mean, we already lose fingers and toes, plus sprout a wolf’s nose out of no where and have our body somehow covered in fur.

Is a tail really that farfetched? xD

1 Like

Pandaren have an optional tail, I don’t see what harm it would be for worgen to also have an optional tail.

5 Likes

Not to mention it’s based off an entirely different species.

1 Like