Worgen Customization Mega Thread

No its definitely name calling considering the context you are doing it, over me just not like dark skinned blood elves when I’ve said I DO like Dark Iron Dwarves, Black humans with black features, Black Dwarves too. You do this with zero real proof of me being any kind of bigot, zero idea of my race, gender or sexuality either.

Do they really count in this context?

And wait… if your about the facial features then shouldn’t you be unhappy with the dwarves and gnomes too? Their facial features don’t show any changes based on the skin tone either.

They are supposed to in earlier posts about the Dwarves and Gnomes getting different skin tones…

To my knowledge only humans got any varying faces.

Personally I don’t think it needs to be done though I’d be howling at the moon (happily) if Blizzard added the option to all the races that were granted the full range of human skin tones.

I remember seeing dwarves with black skintone and features such as dreadlocks. Kinda blows a giant hole in me being some bigot. :rofl:

Big yikes there.

The female dwarf got one hairstyle that has what might be dreadlocks? But thats based off of the vikings not anything else. Part of the Wildhammer bits.

Still I thought from reading some of your earlier posts that your issue was that they (blood elves) didn’t have matching facial features like the humans got.

Which Dwarves, Gnomes and High/Blood Elves did not get.

If you’re referring to the high elves, they changed to the “fleshy” colors from the colors Night Elves have on the boat ride to the Eastern Kingdoms well before the Sunwell was created. Same as the change in stature. Think it was due to the distance from the Well of Eternity.

1 Like

Current lore says they changed after reaching Eastern Kingdoms.

Also just says they lost their Violet hue and stature. Nothing more.

Though it was before the Sunwell.

Just read it in Chronicle.

1 Like

Just read it again. It’s not the most clear, it just says after their exile , but that part is mentioned after landfall, well before the Sunwell though. It was all to do with being cut off from the Well of Eternity.

Pretty sure it wasn’t during the “boatride” cuz the well of eternity has been destroyed for 10,000 years and night elves still exist. Yeah they have moonwells, some of them. Pretty sure the lore is that the sunwell was modified and different from normal moonwells. It’s produced a different “flavor” of magic which transformed them into their current state. Also it was a generational thing. The boatride didn’t take generations? Like living night elves didn’t turn into high elves. Their children turned into something in between and THEIR children turned into something resembling the modern high elf. Cuz like night elves went to AU draenor without moonwells and didn’t plorp into high elves.

Then what caused the transformation? I thought the sunwell was set up almost right away? It can’t be “distance from the well of eternity” which didn’t exist for any elves.

https://i.imgur.com/IynlojT.png
https://i.imgur.com/JjXYmgn.png
Looks like we’ve got the schedules now for Blizzcon on the 19th/20th
If you can, once we find out where we can post our questions for the Q&A, ask about worgen related questions, specifically about worgen tails, as that one we can easily ask it as “We know tailed worgens exists outside of the World of Warcraft game, more specifically in Hearthstone. Would it be possible to one day see tailed worgens sometime in the future?”

This is our chance for those that have been asking for tails. Time to finally get a answer!

4 Likes

After many hard-fought battles, the [Highborne](htt ps://wow.gamepedia.com/Highborne) exiles under the leadership of [Dath’Remar Sunstrider](https:/ /wow.gamepedia.com/Dath%27Remar_Sunstrider) arrived at the forested woodlands one day known as [Quel’Thalas](ht tps://wow.gamepedia.com/Quel%27Thalas). Dath’Remar had long sought a suitable homeland for his people, practitioners of arcane magic abhorred by their brethren across the Great Sea. Unveiling a stolen vial of water from the [Well of Eternity](h ttps://wow.gamepedia.com/Well_of_Eternity), Dath’Remar poured its contents into a lake situated at a convergence of powerful ley lines. A brilliant fount of energy tore through the skies of Azeroth, and Dath’Remar proclaimed that this new source of power would one day surpass its [predecessor](ht ps://wow.gamepedia.com/Well_of_Eternity). The Sunwell was named after Dath’Remar, in honor of the Highborne leader’s bold quest to reignite Highborne culture. Over time, the Highborne lost their characteristic kaldorei looks and shunned the moon to embrace the sun. They would become known as the high elves, or quel’dorei, and the Sunwell became the heart of their culture.[[8]](ht tps://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunwell#cite_note-WoWCV1-8)

It happened AFTER. According to wowpedia. The sunwell was seemingly responsible. Cuz it happened 3,000 years after the destruction of the well of eternity. Which means I doubt it had anything to do with that.

1 Like

Chronicle suggested it was distance from the new well of eternity beneath nordassil.

The change appears to have occurred some time after they reached the EK but before they established the Sunwell.

Still the only thing it says on tone of skin is that they lost their violet hue.

Be careful with Wowpedia. It’s got an amalgamation of old no longer canon lore, unverified lore, and currently canon lore.

Then what caused it? Cuz weren’t the night elves disconnected from nord in AU draenor? or even outland? and now in shadowlands. None of them are losing their hue or height.

Time.

It was a long time between leaving the well and the change.

Night Elves use moonwells to remain connected.

You’ll note they built several in Outland and at least one in Draenor.

As the high elves crossed the rugged, mountainous lands of Lordaeron, their journey became more perilous. Since they were effectively cut off from the life-giving energies of the [Well of Eternity]. many of them fell ill from the frigid climate or died from starvation. The most disconcerting change, however, was the fact that they were no longer immortal or immune to the elements. They also shrank somewhat in height, and their skin lost its characteristic violet hue.

This can be found in game at the scarlet raven tavern in duskwood. Under the founding of quel’thalas. So the change was before the Sunwell. It was from being cut off from the well of eternity. It mentions nothing about them only having pale skin tones. Now that that has been settled, let’s get back to talking about Worgen Customizations, which aren’t just extremely underwhelming in Shadowlands, they are just extremely underwhelming.

So Give Worgen Optional tails, Give them more solid fur colors, give them ears that sit on top of their heads and earrings or ear cuffs. Hairstyles and colors. Let them stand up straight and make them their proper size. Give them fang options, also seeing as they were given so many eye color options. Why not give them some eye shape options.

3 Likes

A new Well of Eternity was created by Illidan immediately after the original was destroyed. It still exists.
For the Sunwell, they tapped into Leylines in the area. It was created in a similar manner to the second Well of Eternity.

It didn’t take generations because the same elves who’d left Kalimdor experienced these fairly rapid changes.

Kinda falls into the retcon area as well, as if you look at the wiki of Dath’remar, it says the new Sunwell altered their appearance, but Chronicle says it happened from being cut off from the WoE before the Sunwell was created.

Might be since they built a moonwell there.

Yeah, this was the retcon I was mentioning above.
Chronicle changes that. Maybe it was a screw up? I’ve seen some saying Chronicle is the new top level reference…shrugs

Could be, but nothing says such.
Would be cool to have an actual timeline by year.

To date, I have not heard any news related to Q&A that has any meaning for me, always feeling little value in what was said.
I will look forward to something positive this time.

Worgen need customizations that make it possible to value worgen.

1 Like

Wowpedia also listed several sources from where the information was taken from.
It’s up to the people to check them.

If they took a look on the High elves chapter, it’s not different from Chronicle.
In Dath’Remar chapter, the source of the claim was " The Founding of Quel’Thalas" as pointed by Jericha.
The author on Wowpedia clearly mistaken the moment where the high elves lost their skin.

In fact this moment was never retconned at any point, not even chronicle: It was long before the Sunwell.
https://web.archive.org/web/20070225183012if_/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/encyclopedia/429.xml

Asking specifically for the tail is a mistake i think, it should be more general to have a chance for an answer like:
“Of all the core races, the worgens are the ones who had the least amount of new customizations options for their core form aka the lupine form.
Is it planned to have tailed worgens like in Hearthstone, unhunched males, gilnean jewelries for the human form etc…?”

6 Likes