Worgen Customization Mega Thread

Of all the weird view points I have seen in this community over the years, I will NEVER understand being against more character customization.
Makes absolutely no sense what so ever…

3 Likes

Worgens in wow be like.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/708602108026290230/805701002673782784/worgen_hehe.png

6 Likes

There are more books on them than just that one. Did you not watch the video the OP posted?

It does if you are a DEV who has to program all that stuff though…

It absolutely does not.

Either all the races are treated equally or some player is being left out.

There is no, they came first so they deserve x before anyone else. Thats not how anything works.

I’m sorry you think its moot.

Sure there are. But Chronicle, according to Blizzard, trumps all the others. Only information after Chronicle was published can be considered to change anything else.

That was chronicles point. To consolidate and standardize everything, especially focusing on closing loopholes.

For instance, High Elves were once said to be pale skinned only. Then Devi came into existence during the Cata block. So that was changed and expanded. The older stuff dropped.

And ultimately nothing happened. Because it didn’t matter in the first place if some fool earlier in the lore didn’t know or didn’t write about other skin tones.

No lore changed or was broken to allow for the new skin tones.

It broke nothing.

Programming is less an issue… since the tail’s general work has already actually been done.

The rest is mostly artist/model work and also is already supported by a programming framework… so no lost time or effort for programming.

2 Likes

Disagree. It broke a lot. Blizzard is known to ignore and break its own lore all the time.

What did it break?

3 Likes

They were released in WoD pre patch except for blood elf which was 6.1

1 Like

Worgen and Goblin were not up to the par and resolution that Pandaren were. Pandaren are similar to all the allied races and probably won’t need an updated races unless another wave of artistic changes hit the game. Worgen/Goblin are using a graphic style much more similar to that of the classic and tbc races. And honestly if you compare og goblin to pandaren as far as their skeleton and texture resolution then pandaren are WAYYYY more advanced. Worgen gob were like 2x more complicated than classic races with pandaren being 10x. All updated models are getting the 10x worgen/goblin got 5x to be the same as everyone else. Aesthetically they look decent but they still have animation issues (especially worgne).

1 Like

This makes me feel the emotion of happiness.

Most of the time the art devs are wanting to do fun stuff like more customisation that players will be able to see and admire all the time (like player customisation). It’s more about the finance department limitation of resources time and money allotted to what projects. Which is all artificially determined for a fortune 500 company.

What exactly “Broke”? What is flawed about the game that wasn’t before? The integrity of lore is not really compromised. If vulcans were suddenly found to be neon green sometimes. That wouldn’t break star trek lore. Appearance is one of the lsit concerning thing to any story unless it deals in racial issues or biology. Changing the “lore” of a single observation or description that does not change the function of the object, places, or peoples in question. therefor no lore is broken you’re just racist. lol

2 Likes

Actually, Pandarens are the ones that have been the most up to date ones for years compared to the others, even more closer to the model updates received in wod. Worgens at the time actually were more in line with the Draenei and Blood elves if you want to be more specific. While Pandarens used a much more enhanced skeleton and texture mesh, which they still use today, worgens/goblins you can literally see the triangles on the models and limitation on them in the previous model before 8.2.5. Female worgens specifically had some extremely wonky stuff going on. Heck, the alpha worgen model had way more going on with it before they scrapped it and gave us a completely rushed version of the model literally weeks before the expansion hit. We then had to live with it for 10 years. The moment the other races received their updated models, right away you could see the flaws, even more so, that the worgen models had.

Also think of it this way, you compare how much NEW stuff Goblins got, and then see how little Worgens got in comparison. Keep in mind, we both got released/updated at the exact same time:
Skin color
Hair color
Eye color
Hair style
Ear shapes
Ear piercings
Nose shapes
Nose piercings
Chin shapes

Now compare that to worgens:
Fur color
Eye color

If you’re a DK like me:
Fur color

That’s literally all we got. Not even anything unique, just recolors of things we already had. All we’re asking for is more options.

5 Likes

I support this, when i saw the upright alpha skeleton with a tail i thought to myself, god damn she is a badass. i want to play that.

1 Like

No one here is a dev

1 Like

How many views and likes has the video asking for the blue color for pandarens got and how has this change affected the playerbase?

Grayphus here.

1 Like

Blue pandaren is trolling and no one even plays them but trolls

It is just utterly ridiculous that worgen don’t have tails.

It’s embarrassing blizzard

2 Likes

After getting heritage armor, a new model, and new customization, Worgen are LAST in line for anything new.

Worgen deserve more customization just like all the other races. Their human form doesn’t really count.
Let’s hope they get more attention in a future patch!

I really want full black fur for my rogue, posture options, tails, and accessories!

4 Likes