Worgen Customization Mega Thread

Another I don’t give a crap about lore person, give me what I want type of person. Blizzard shouldn’t give into people like you, I mean they might as well add Draenei with Human legs cause why not at that point???

Oh I am very about the lore.

Problem is the only lore against tails is their absence.

You have nothing else. Blizzard has held it up as part of their vision, but them having or not having tails has absolutely nothing to do with the lore.

4 Likes

Varian is not a worgen. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Blizzard devs specifically said they don’t have tails. Christie Golden wrote Genn has having a tail in her book and then tweeted saying it was a mistake because the devs told her it was incorrect. So it is canon Worgen do not have tails.

1 Like

Since you’re constantly going to stick to that, and I won’t try to dissuade you from it, then you can at least admit that they can easily add new lore justifying it. Kind of like the idea I posted earlier and just copied again for you. If they do that, would you be willing to accept the tail?

3 Likes

Canon sure.

But if a worgen had one tomorrow there is nothing in the lore that goes against that.

It was canon that all blood elves had green eyes and that it would go away over time. Held up twice by the devs.

Then they never gave them until gold eyes showed up and said then that they weren’t going to get them.

Now we have them.

Like really. Find me any lore that says no worgen ever could have a tail.

They’re fricken werewolves. A tail won’t do anything to them.

1 Like

So much was canon and changed in warcraft.
Worgen not having a tail was more for lack of time and rushed development.

The option to add a tail can be added.

And that is what we are asking for, as it is a change as critical as blue eyes for blood elves or better posture for orcs.

1 Like

Are you seriously comparing a tail that keeps occasionally popping up in artwork to…

gfhsdjkfsdf

3 Likes

Honestly I thought about bringing up how ridiculous that was to compare but…

1 Like

As big a butthole as I come across to tail people, yes I would. My big aversion to tails being added is that I am pretty sure 90% of people are just like, “Muh tails!” and don’t give a crap about lore. That is my issue.

I love WoW because I fell really got enamored with the lore and the world Blizzard built, then they made Worgen playable and I was ecstatic and fell in love with the lore they added for them. But they have always been tailless, so I have stuck to that.

If Blizzard adds a lore reason for tails, like some questline explaining it or something, I am all for it, otherwise no I don’t want them added as it just seems like a copout appeasing the “muh tails” people who don’t care about lore.

1 Like

Stop assuming that then. It’s your first mistake.

1 Like

I think that is a reasonable compromise we can agree upon. I also enjoy the game’s lore - except WoD cause that still just feels like some comic book crap to me - and wouldn’t mind seeing actual representation in-game for things that don’t seem to make sense to give us cosmetically (eg Dark Trolls/sandfury).

We don’t talk about that expansion. Shhhh.

Except that’s not needed.

There isn’t any lore aside from current developer vision that stops tails from being a thing for Worgen.

It’s ridiculous that anyone uses lore as an excuse to deny a simple request.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you think someone is against a lore on a tail for worgeni or that Blizzard couldn’t add to the lore by explaining that it would be different from what people here are asking for. Or even incompatible.

If Blizzard makes a lore justifying, for me, even better.
Blizzard made a lore justifying the new blood elve eyes.
Its can make one for worgen.

But you never show where it is written that worgen cannot have a tail. That lore that you quote doesn’t even exist. And yet, it can be created for this purpose, something that justifies it.

Or not. It depends on Blizzard. If she just put a tail on worgen, I will leave it up to you to be charging a justification from the company.

Except that current lore devs literally just told Christie Golden that Worgen don’t have tails when Before the Storm came out which was right before BfA. LMAO. Nice try though.

Again. That’s just how they currently see worgen. It’s not a lore reason they don’t. Just they don’t currently want them to.

It’s not lore.

Ion didn’t want belves to have blue eyes. It wasn’t lore. It was developer vision.

1 Like

You are kinda jumping back and forth on this one, I am not gonna lie. It may not seem necessary to you to give additional lore as justification, but that does not mean his opinion of wanting more lore is wrong. We can have differing opinions and make compromises, here.

4 Likes

Blizzard devs, who make the lore say Worgen don’t have tails.

You: That isn’t lore, it isn’t canon. Give me tails.

Me: insert guy blinking confused gif

Dude… the devs literally said worgen don’t have tails. That is the lore. It is fact. Now, if they add a lore reason why some Worgen do have tails I am all for it, the OP added a list of great ways they could add tails, but you can’t say that lore-wise it isn’t canon that worgen DON’T have tails.

Not a big fan of tails, the rest of options looks good. +1 for support.

4 Likes