Worgen Customization Mega Thread

Yeah, I just really love wolves, always have. Big werewolf flick fanatic too. When Blizzard came out with them being a playable race I was over the moon. No pun intended.

Just seems like society this day and age bash the hell out of the fandom because of that taboo stuff and it doesn’t help when you have big influencers online that do it as well. Bleeeeah I say lol.

I just want our worgen models to get the treatment they really deserve.

2 Likes

I’ve liked wolves I just like the way they work in pack. I sometimes wish humans could work as well as they do as a team. I also get the big influencer thing doing it “For the memes”. They do it to weebs as well and other fandoms cause gotta farm those LULW and KEKW’s.

I’ve personally always been a bigger fan of vampires (Blame Underworld movies the first 3 at least) Over Werewolves, Thats not to say I don’t like them or think them not cool. Because I think they are freaking amazing its why I like playing my worgens.

But I agree I’d like them to get the love they deserve and yes the new models are a godsend. But the only real argument I see against it is “EW NO FURRYS” or “My lore tho”. Which with some new customizations for trolls example the base ones getting tones for tribes that wouldn’t ever be a part of the horde or be accepted by them.

Why not just give people options people already rp their worgen having tails anyways.

2 Likes

I do like the Underworld series but I really hate their werewolves xD

Van Helsing’s werewolf (and only his) is the closest thing to a perfect werewolf to date in my eyes. Ugh he just looks super incredible!

Though yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Most naysayers are either bringing up lore or saying something against furries :frowning:

I am kind of relieved there was that interview from Ion stating that more customization will come post Shadowlands launch. So I am hoping this finally makes it through.

4 Likes

I’ll have to look for this interview. I keep hearing about it but I always forget cause scatter brain over here. I also notice speaking of Werewolves in underworld. I noticed they are called Lycans though I believe in the first movie. Selene tells Michael Lycans=Werewolves.

Here is the interview:

2 Likes

Thank you kindly.

Do you think every drawn Worgen you see is a furry?

Cause I cannot stress enough. The Thumbnail is of a worgen in in-game armor sitting…

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears

3 Likes

Blizzard did ask us what we wanted for new options.

Tails would seem like a fair thing to ask for as they wouldn’t demand reworking existing models (as a tail would just ‘bolt on’). To me it would also alleviate much of my dislike of them leaning forward, especially the male, as it would balance out the posture-- I’ve said it before when they run they look as if they are going to topple over forwards (very much the male more than the female though).

6 Likes

If they don’t care, then they have arguments against something that doesn’t affect their games.
A minority also wanted High Elves in the alliance.
Something much more disruptive in lore than a tail for worgen.
And we are seeing them being inserted into the game because yes.

Again, I don’t know if Blizzard is going to answer any requests regarding the worgen, but if we don’t signal our interest in what we would like to see in the game now, who are showing interest in seeing what we want, when then?

And nobody is against a lore that explains why worgen may have a tail now. Many people along the thread have even given ideas on how that motivation would be or are willing to accept something from Aunt Blizz herself.

Night elves are receiving differentiated ear models.
Worgen could also benefit from ears that are less like night elves, less like bats and more like wolves.
Better definition of our height and a true black color, for those who want a black worgen. But variety in patterns.
A better posture would also be welcome, to improve our transmogs.

If many of the things that are being suggested to Blizzard, in this and other topics related to more and better customizations, could not be added to our toons for lack of resources or technical means during the last 10 years, now it seems that there is a lot of desire and means of something to be done about it.

And honestly, to see people just saying “no, no, no and no”, when we see other races receiving things that are much more contrary to the lore or aesthetic proposal of other races that we have had in more than 10 years why so?

Blood elves have been the same since 10,000 years but now we are seeing a rainbow parade of elves, implying a mutation that takes much more than 10 years to occur, being accepted with ease.

Honestly, there is no explanation for it and I won’t lose my sleep over it, especially after purple blood elves (which I hate, but I won’t be determining how they can look when they are given the option to ignore their own theme) be created.

There are people who complain that the casting of worgen is unpleasant that our movement and way of running is clumsy and that we are not good at many transmogs. Will Blizzard change that?
Does anyone suggest changes to this?
well here’s my suggestion,
better posture will solve some problems. a better definition of our height will enhance our shape and a more lupine tail and features, will bring more aesthetic beauty to a breed that is inspired by wolves.

P.S:

What suggestions do the silent majority have for improving worgen or any of the other breeds?
I only see a vocal minority opposing suggested changes.

4 Likes

Hope everyone is having a good day before Pre Patch :slight_smile:

I’m excited to get at least one of my worgen their white fur colors! Sadly the rest of my worgen characters are either black furred or grey.

1 Like

Agreed…

1 Like

Triple agree. I love the Van Helsing werewolves, arguably the best example of werewolves I have seen in a long time. Fierce and scary looking.

I still think the scariest looking werewolf though is still the American Werewolf in London werewolf.

1 Like

Werewolves are cool.

We’re the coolest though.

Just need a few more things to sell it.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears

1 Like

Full support, OP, I especially love the upright worgen.

4 Likes

Just a couple more hours till we see some of the worgens in here have a different fur and eye color. Sadly that’s all we’ll be getting once prepatch is up. Just fur color if you’re a dk. D: We need more options blizzard!
Hopefully 9.1 for everything we’ve asked for. You can do it Blizzard! :smiley:

2 Likes

aaaand the back peddle bug is still there. Blizzard, what the hell.

1 Like

worgen are lucky draenei got oven less

Great post Keori, really wonderfully composed and I’m going to go watch the video. I agree with all your points a lot, and I don’t think most of them are asking much at all to be honest. The tail option should of been added in a long time ago, like the alliance elf changes. It’s something a lot of people want, and honestly it seems kind of petty to try to step on another persons fun cosmetically in a game. I’m all in for customization for elves, humans, anyone!

Edit: I didn’t even realize you already had tails at the beginning, great job once again they look amazing. Should of watched the video before I replied.

5 Likes

I watch 3 times. :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:

There’s something about the white fur that just brings out the glow of the eyes and emphasizes the transmog.

I love it

3 Likes