Worgen Customization Mega Thread

My dude, someone on the Blizz team told Christie Golden that they don’t have tails and why she had to remove every mentioning of it. That’s the only response you’re going to get from blizzard

3 Likes

Overall, I agree with the notion that worgen need more customization, especially with female ears looking more wolf-like in their design-- however, I don’t think they need tails.

At this point, it’s no longer a hill I’ll die on, so long as there’s some variety and maybe a little explanation as to why some have tails and why some don’t.

Edit:

This image is a poor example because they depict Tyrande as an Arcane mage. Not exactly a “lore friendly” depiction.

1 Like

They removed that tail when they released the actual board game.

2 Likes

Well, except for boots, gloves and cloaks which all have giant holes in them because yeet.

Well at the end of the day it really don’t matter. A tail rather you like it or not isn’t going to effect the Worgen model 1 bit. It is something for a more unique look. The curse is magic in nature and can change… As Garriosh said… Times Change! If you dont like it you dont have to use it thats why we want it to be optional. And if your going to pay for my account then you can say what options I would like to see ingame for my character. Till then sorry but I can request whatever would make my character look unique that I would like.

1 Like

Yes it would, it would make it look dumb af.

1 Like

That is your opinion. This is why we want it optional. If you don’t want one, you don’t have to have one.

Others having one doesn’t effect your gameplay at all.

1 Like

If it’s on my character and I want it then no it would not. I’m the one paying for the account I can ask for what I would like to see. The tail adds balance to the look rather you agree with me or not.

1 Like

But I still have to see other people with one which ruins worgen for me. :man_shrugging:

Like I said, if there is a lore reason for them having tails that Blizzard comes up with then so be it, I am A-okay with tails being added. But if they just add tails because lol reasons, furries wanted them, then I will stick to my guns that it is the wrong decision.

I don’t have a dog in this fight either way (rimshot please). But that’s not quite true, if someone like worgen and doesn’t like tails they could very rightly feel that it is a misallocation of finite funds and dev time that might otherwise go to options they would like.

1 Like

That is YOUR problem then. Lord forbid if worgen get more customization options, especially ones they have wanted for YEARS.

There are bigger things that are coming that bends lore than a tail on a worgen which should be questioned. (Sand Fury trolls, looking at you.) Of course, can talk about dark skinned elves all day too.

And ffs, get the hell off the furry thing. There are a crap ton of people who aren’t furries that also believe that the model does, in fact, look better with a tail.

I don’t mean to sound condescending here at all, I am tired of saying the same things over and over and people not able to comprehend it.

2 Likes

And what exactly is wrong with people requesting a tail? Are you really anti furry yet your playing a Worgen… A furry race? Is that really what your complaining about? Cause if that’s why… you got some issues to sort out that you will not resolve here on a forum. People aren’t asking for a tail to turn their character into a furry. Worgen are werewolves. If all you see is furry… well like I said you got some deeper issues than having problems with a tail on a model, as your playing a furry race tail or no tail.

1 Like

And not all werewolves have tails. Blizzard decided to go that route people just can’t accept it and have to whine about getting tails.

1 Like

It’s different when their only argument as LUL lore (when there is no lore that explicitly states a worgen cannot have a tail) and refuse to be against other new lore bending additions coming to Shadowlands such as Sand Trolls and the dark skinned elves. It just makes their statements hypocritical in my eyes, especially when you don’t see them actively protesting against these features as well on other threads.

I’m fine with tails, they’re just customization that the majority of the playerbase wants. If you want to ignore the tail as a headcanon, go for it. Don’t deny people their way just because you dislike it-- that’s pretty asinine.

Not to mention Blizzard loves pulling strings on lore to get whatever they want into the game when it’s convenient, so it’s not like it’d be that big of a deal anyway.

1 Like

And Blizzard also has decided that they are giving customization to what players want for this expansion… They have also stated they are NOT done giving customization options in an interview.

1 Like

Pretty sure the majority don’t care or want tails. Tail people are vocal minority.

Most current day werewolves do have tails. As movie tech has gotten better so has the CG that enables it. The Elder Scrolls, Werewolf the Apocalypse, and many many other games all have tails on Werewolves. The unique factor in the optional tail would be it would be up to the player to choose if they want it or not. Simple check box to show or hide the tail like on Pandaren. You are the one who is posting the crying about not wanting optional things if you honestly stop and think about it. We have made a list of requests we would like to see to make Worgen look unique you are one of the few people who comes in and crys… MUHHHAAAA LORE or NO FURRYS. You are 15 years too late to the World of Warcraft to avoid furrys in the game. Sorry.

And you’re a vocal minority in this thread… points to how many likes on the OP and points to how many likes on the dedicated tail thread.

There are several models in-game that use the Worgen model that has an animated tail. Blizzard could easily just give Worgen tails, but guess what? They haven’t.

It’s because their vision for Worgen is tailless. Get over it and move on.

1 Like