Worgen Customization Mega Thread

I am looking at an orc as it was designed and at orcs as they are today.
Times change.

They are quite different than they should be. And all this because many wanted to have a body like the model made for Thrall during the cataclysm.

Forsakens has been asking for an appearance that differs from the ideal of having a degraded body. They ask to have a body like Nathanos, which does not reflect his state of undead.
An undead should look like an undead. Nathanos could pass for a human or a member of some other race.

What we want is to be able to bring the worge closer to the werewolf ideal, that each one can have and can be leveraged with more specific customization options. Something optional, which many are now having the opportunity to do in other races.

1 Like

Well, I don’t expect anything like this to be done now, for the release of Shadowland. I hope that it is possible to do something for the future.
Coming soon™?

I dunno man. From what I’ve seen from some Wug players, if they don’t get it, it’ll be a mess of several forum posts

Great post and fantastic video.

Kudos to you for putting yourself out there!

I hope Worgen get their tails and the changes you want.

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

3 Likes

I hate this argument because giving Orcs a straight back VS Worgen growing a whole appendage is hugely different. In my opinion.

Well, I see no reason why Blizzard shouldn’t do something at some point in the future, but it would be nice if only they came and said they can’t do it, they don’t want to do it or they don’t know how to do it, so people can at least move on to something else?

I remember they said that the alliance could not have High Elves as they are just like blood elves, that it would blur the lines between the factions and confuse the players. And horde players have often shown that they would not like this, to have one of their races split up for the alliance.

So they invented a purple blood elf. And soon, the purple blood elf may be the same as the blood elv that is the same as the High Elf, which was also a much requested customization during BfA and that goes against the proposal of the purple blood elves.
And many people, myself included, didn’t see it with good eyes.

And the discontent of worgens in the forums, will not be worse than we had with ripcords, conduits, covens, nerfs or some other event that occurred in the game and that was controversial.
Blizzard will survive another period of players dissatisfied with some act of the company, contrary to the players.
Some may leave to return some time later, or just continue and start playing for the faction that is being less prestigious, on a constant basis.

But that will not affect Blizzard or make anyone at the company concerned about a number of dissatisfied posts.
It will be no worse than what we saw in BfA.

There are several things that are being suggested. Were they all really impossible to do?
Perhaps? But then, Blizzard must come and say why.

Have Mercy

I’ll never understand why some people are anti-tail. Like, why does it bother people if Worgen get a tail option that they don’t even have to use? More customization is good!

Also, Werewolves with tails look way cooler and more natural than Werewolves without tails. I bet once Worgen get tails, 90% of the playerbase will use the option.

8 Likes

Very well. So we cannot have a modification of the model, as the orcs did because they are different?
Is adding a tail very incompatible with a being that is the combination of the human and wolf elements?

So, can we have a change in posture? This is also one of the things that are suggested for customizing worgen.
Can we have a model that is upright? That it has a height that is defined, in the lore, as being greater than the one we have now?

That it has less elfic and more lupine ears, because humans have nothing elfic and wolves also do not have ears like those.
Can we have true black color?

1 Like

Unfortunately, customization is truly gameplay effecting. Doubt any form of feedback aside from bugged textures and the like will be listened to. For High Elves, I feel like Blizz stood by their guns up until the story called for it. Def shoehorned in. Peeps got close to having what they wanted for that because thought it made sense. Take that road, Blizz will have to find reason where it makes sense to them. I think the only reason why Velfs are getting regular skin tones is because of Alleria and that was enough to justify the race getting the new customization options

I agree. For me, I get excited along with other people when some new comes along for the race I like to play. There is a minor difference between #Pulltheripcord and Worgen customization. During the 8.2 ptr, people hyped themselves up and talked about getting tails and new options, thinking that the model update was a revamp. The thread proceeded to be nothing but upsetti spaghetti when none of that happened

I know that Blizzard will survive it all. WoD is a perfect example. What I don’t like is the sense of entitlement some folks get when they believe that their getting something when it wasn’t said at all, only to then feel like their owed

I don’t want to understand them.
For them, not having 5 fingers on each hand is not something that requires explanation or correction. Nothing against. Many Disney characters only have 4 fingers and are incredible musicians and show great dexterity.
There is nothing unusual about my skull stretching to take on canine features or my teeth growing to the lengths we know.
An extension of my cervical spine, appearing while I magically transform myself into a being that emulates a hybrid between wolf and human?

Nor is there anything strange about a druid worgen, as well as any druid other than tauren, having a tail when using the feline form.

We are in a fantasy game in which we have gnomes that mutilate and graft metal into their bodies and suffer no rejection at all.
In which dragons assume human forms but no one wonders where their tails and horns were hidden.

Could it be magic? Hmmmm? Do not.

4 Likes

The thing is, you can easily explain worgens getting a tail too.
Worgens could have gotten a way better control of their feral form after hanging around with goldrinn after the heritage armor questline, which then lets them able to even revert back to their more wolf like form where they did have a tail. Also it would be a awesome excuse to give worgen druids their druid of the pact form and be able to repalce cat form with wolf form.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie 90% of the people against this are people who hate furries, I’m almost positive.

The rest probably just don’t like people asking for things.

Which is just :man_shrugging:, like go for a walk, damn.

5 Likes

I have never heard of people who have committed bank robberies, illegal acts against international law, provoked wars or attacks on world peace who have done so because they are furrys.

Or that they walk the streets of the cities of this world, acting in an inconvenient way towards other people, because they are primarily furrys.

Well, there will always be people who need to hate something or look for people to feel shame or inadequacy of some kind, to make sense of their miserable lives, and thus feel better about themselves, since there is nothing in their lives that they can really love.

It bothers me for the same reason the covered-up bone option for undead bothers me: it is changing the base form of the race. To me, it is on par with giving humans an option for a third arm or leg.

And it should be noted, this is a MMORPG, so everything that is changed in the game effects everyone, regardless if they use it or not.

1 Like

That’s an extreme hyperbole, especially for things that are optional.

This is also incorrect.

This would apply if it was gameplay but not customization, no amount of customization on any race at all affects anyone but the person who is customizing said character, you will literally never see anyone at such a constant degree that it begins to affect your gameplay, and even if you did that seems like a personal problem.

1 Like

The thing is, our player character already has gotten better. With the ritual near the end of the starting zone, the fact that we can control the form fully outside of gameplay reasons is sort proof of that imo

Tbh I’d be a bit tilted if Druids can use the pack form. It’s so chaotic and unable to be controlled. Ignoring Worgen reverting to the form being weird imo, I’d only be okay with the form if any damaged dealt to an enemy, a small percentage is dealt to friendlies to reflect how dangerous it is

Yifffin and stuff

sprays the furry with water

Orcs being hunched is a vanilla invention. I think the rationale was for a differentiate silhouette, but then they realized people did fine in pvp with similar silhouettes.

1 Like

Males likely have the tail rig as well since Saurok use that same rig and have tails.

2 Likes