Worgen Customization Mega Thread

There is nothing wrong with your feedback Cow. The only customization Worgen DKs are getting is 7 fur colors… That a bit of a shame. (I know I have my DK Arienal so ya Im in the same boat on that character)

All the models were ugly back then. Some would say forsaken were the ugliest duckling of them all :eyes:

1 Like

Some would say nothing has changed.

When it comes to dog food, canines don’t really care about appearance. A change or not doesn’t matter

With other races getting their death knight hair colors as options on any class, it’d be nice for Tauren and Worgen to get the death knight fur colors available on any class.

4 Likes

They already made the decision for the race not to have like tails so why all of a sudden would they add them. Worgens in WoW have never had tails. Because some werewolf do doesn’t mean WoWs version of them have them. None of the other race customization really change a major design point of the race, mostly different skin tones, eye colors, hair, and jewelry.

4 Likes

This. I don’t know why we don’t have the option of getting the one or two DK fur options worgen dks have yet others can get their ‘hair options’. Fur and hair are basically the same category.

I’d like to see more customization, maybe even some form of optional markings or something like the rest of the allied races all seem to have mostly gotten.

worgen has had some of the most changes since they get all of the new humans ones as well as detached customization. also that video icon is very alarming (in a sarcastically funny anti furry way just in case the tone doesnt come across)

we trolls need beards. ands straighter options as well. honestly should give you guys that option and tails too. more customization is key!

2 Likes

I greatly appreciate Blizzard separating Human and Worgen customization, that has been a huge request for years. However, saying Worgen got a lot of customization because they get all new human customization is a little unfair. I don’t play worgen to be a human, I play it to be a hulking werewolf. Do I walk around in my human form at times? Of course.

However, I mainly play in worgen form and so I would like to see Worgen get more customization for that form. For example, in Classic WoW all Worgen were either solid grey, solid black, solid brown, or solid white… And yet we are only getting solid white as a fur option? Why can’t we get any of the other colors in one solid fur option?

Why if I want to have brown fur do I have to have a mane that is darker than the rest of my body?

5 Likes

you guys deserve those changes and i hope you get them. and your right you play worgen to play worgen not human but added customization is added customization.

2 Likes

Players want them and are asking.

Whole expansion is about character customization.

Wierd that you’d not get that…

Sorry, human customization is nice, but we can’t really use it. Anything we do puts us into worgen mode.

Our Worgen forms got little new options.

We want blizzard to focus on what makes worgen worgen.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears
#giveworgendkskins

Totes agree with this.

5 Likes

Concept art say other wise and the curse is magic anyway whos to say it can’t be a thing. Worgen players are asking for options. How about we remove the tail size for Draenei? You never had it before why suddenly is it a thing? Oh ya its called customization to make your character to look unique. If you dont like it you dont have to use it and we are asking for the same thing.

2 Likes

To be fair, y’all are asking for a new thing to be added to the model. All that is going to be animated with spell/attack animation, as well be animated to fit all the emotes that makes the model move

1 Like

Funny you mention that. I always see people point out how “werewolves don’t have tails” or “this race never had this thing”.
Well look at pandaren. They got new tail options. Before it was just the red panda pattern that had it. Makes sense, red pandas do indeed have long tails. Now all the other pandaren options have tails as new options. When you see pandas in real life, only red pandas have long tails. So yeah, clearly at this point, Blizzard has shown that new character options aren’t restricted to lore or real life counterparts. Anything goes when it comes to the new options, that includes tails for worgens.

So yeah, if you ever see anyone throw the werewolves don’t have tails or worgens never had tails card, you can always counter argue em with that. ;D

3 Likes

The new long tail for draeneis has it’s own unique animation and physics to it compared to the original medium sized one. Honestly it wouldn’t be hard to just copy paste the long tail animations off the draenei to the worgen tail skeleton, which does exist btw and is in the game right now on retail. It’s just sitting there waiting for it to be worked on.

3 Likes

That still takes time and effort, with a sprinkle of money. Most likely a lot of money.

If it honestly is that easy, then it probs would be a budget thing at that point. I doubt it’s that easy tbh

As much as you are jiving for a tail on the toosh, gotta understand that there is a process to it that isn’t simple

Yeah I completely understand that. In my head I feel like the tails have been worked on secretly in the background ever since before they released the new worgen models. Back in 8.2.5 was when the tail skeleton was discovered, and ever since then people have discovered weird things in the beta like a hole where a tail would go, much like the hole on undeads back when they were giving them the option to remove spine, and even some animations to go with the tail skeleton. I feel like we will eventually get a tail by the end of Shadowlands since this is a thing that has been long asked for ever since back when worgens were first announced as a playable race. Before then thought, I do hope worgens get more options like custom hair, scar options and such since at the moment, we are severely lacking. That’s a given thought seeing as we have the least options out of the bunch.

1 Like

There was a blue post during the early cycle of beta saying they will continue onward with customization. Aside from that, I don’t think they’ll make more posts detailing what the core races are getting. Don’t expect them to either

Can’t really speculate on why there was a tear on the female model for Worgen. All I know is that if both skeletons don’t get it, there’s gonna be a storm about it for weeks.

We do know the original concept art had females having tails kind of like how only female Pandarian have them. Personally yes I want both female and male Worgen to get the option but we never saw concept art for male Worgen as they already existed in one heck of an old and crappy model. One day I can only hope we get some love.

1 Like

Human form customization IS NOT Worgen form customization.

I love that we can finally customize our humans. I really do! However, it should have been like that from that start in all honesty. Thing is, this ability is something that is pretty irrelevant to most players in this game. Role players make up only a small bit of the community. The rest of the subscriber base won’t even get any use out of their human forms at all because there is no reason to even be in it for them. it’s not like we can fight in the form or anything like that.

I feel like my original post isn’t being read here as I have stated multiple counters to what you’re saying. I will say that we didn’t have dark skinned elves either and now Blizzard decided to let us have them (this too was already said). Along with this and all my other points in my original post… There really is no reason for Blizz not to do this. They themselves said they are wanting to implement customization options in what players have wanted over the years. This is THE BIGGEST request worgen players have wanted.

The problem is is that this has been going on for almost a decade and Blizzard continues to give the worgen player base the cold shoulder and not say anything. They at least addressed the whole high elf thing.

2 Likes