Worgen Customization Mega Thread

…most of the other races?
They got updated to HD (alongside goblins) after years of not getting their model updates.

Heritage armor was pretty much universally hated because of it’s colour scheme and weird pauldrons.

wat.

3 Likes

They are an expansion race. meaning that the races that got updated were around YEARS before them.

That doesn’t change the fact that Blizzard put effort into Worgen. The fact that they got backlash for putting effort into Worgen, seems like another reason why they’d shy away from throwing more options at them.

wwwaaaaattttttt :drooling_face:

For naysayers over worgen tails I’d like to point something out: originally the worgen were a form taken by druids, and what do druids do when switching to cat form? They grow tails. Perfectly viable reasoning.

For those wanting lore reasons why they’d get one after not having one before? We already have the perfect opportunity in game to explain that.

SPOILERS FOR WORGEN HERITAGE QUEST BELOW.

That’s right, the heritage armor quest. Goldrinn, the wild god origin of the worgen form, is already involved in the quest and we prove ourselves to him while helping Tess. The only thing they’d need to add is a whisper (dont even have to give a voice over) to the player from Goldrinn upon completion of the line saying something like, “you have proven yourself a hero to your people, and have earned my blessing.” Boom! Tail.

No new quest, no more fuss, just a dialog line and its unlocked like night warrior for night elves.

6 Likes

If they need to fix all those (which probably requires almost a full overhaul anyway) why not throw a tail on in the process?

I say do both. Fix the rig and while they’re at it, they need to add a tail. But worgens do have a lot of problems that need fixing.

2 Likes

Why did draenei and blood elves get their model updates with the other core races that did at the time? They’re expansion races too

3 Likes

For that reason alone, there will never be progress made on Blizzard’s end.

I was just exploring the customization with my worgen dk, and if you want to keep the dk fur color, you literally have no new customization as dk skins are still tied to certain faces. Other than that it’s the stripey fur color as the only new option. His human option on the other hand…

3 Likes

Just remember, human form customization is not worgen form customization <3

It really does stink :frowning:

1 Like

I 100% agree with everything in the video/thread. Great work, Keori!

I have 3 Worgen characters, and was super excited to see how i could make them look on the PTR with the new options, but was quickly disappointed after finding out that Worgen got basically nothing new.

At the very least id like to see the Worgen woman have the option to be able to use the same jewelry that their human form has access too. It bothers me so much that the jewelry just disappears after shifting into Worgen form.

4 Likes

Hey look I can post again. Any bets on how long before the mass report discord gets me again? Oh well nothing new there. Anyway Worgen sadly seem to be getting the least amount of customization for the core look out of any race. But that’s not a call for other races to be neglected we want all races to have options and be happy to play the characters they want to play. Go ahead and figure a new way to try and get rid of me mass report group you’ve failed 4 times sence beta started I’m still here and still posting bring it on!

5 Likes

What did they even report?

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears

1 Like

Maybe with this extra time they have we will see a little more added in for those who could use it. Worgen, pandas, and goblins really.

3 Likes

And because of the way it always happens, we will continue to see that tail resurface more often in the future.

Yes, Give worgen tails, please Auntie Blizz.

You are not the first person to notice this, nor will you be the last.

Perfect.

Did it work with the night elves? Yes.
So, it should work very well for worgen. :wolf:

2 Likes

The Undead player I called out for trolling the post who was saying Worgen are a mistake. Its harassment to tell someone if they keep trolling your going to report them. It was just the Mass Report Discord group trying once again to get me banned. Oh well they got me for 3 days whatever.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s what I’ve been saying as well. That’d be an easy spot to add it or just do something similar.

1 Like

Great post OP! Really well thought out, I agree with everything except Worgen getting a tail, I am not a huge fan of the idea however, you gave a lore reason for it so I can appreciate that and support the idea. That is the only way I would accept worgen getting tails.

2 Likes

They came out years before Worgen. :drooling_face:

Your update came about because Worgen were ugly, not because they were so incredibly out of date that transmogs looked terrible on you. The low texture resolution transmogs we had had more complexity than the BE models, THAT’S why they were updated.

:drooling_face:

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears

2 Likes

Here’s something we can also all agree on. Sure this is a worgen thread, but we only ever saw this on worgens. I’m talking about DK eye options. We’ve had 3 different versions of the DK eyes after the worgen model update before we finally got the ones every dk has today. Here are two note worthy ones.

This was the version we had before the current one. Can see how much nicer and icy blue the eyes are compared to the current ones we have now.

And here’s my personal favorite one. These are the eyes we had on the ptr when we first got the new models. You can very clearly see the iris while still keeping that blue glow dks are usually known for. Iris makes a HUGE difference when it comes to character expression.

Then here’s the one we have today. Sure it has the cool little glow effect going to the sides, but it’s just so soulless compared to what we had before.

I know this is a worgen thread, but this also goes along with the fact that worgen death knights ONLY get fur options and none of the eye options living worgens are getting. Eye options would be great for dks. Give use the previous versions of the worgen eyes as a option!

1 Like