Worgen Customization Mega Thread

all 5 new fur colors are available to all classes on ptr

2 Likes

Still not a true black option :frowning: I’ll still take it though!

2 Likes

Omg more fur options. :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

While the new scarred option looks absolutely amazing, it is still kind of upsetting they aren’t making it toggable fur option for all colors.

5 Likes

Saw this on @SteelsArt on twitter… Why can’t worgen look this good? D:

1 Like

I would have expected to see a pure black fur that is the most popular request.
I wonder why we don’t see one.
Well i will gladly pick the pure dark fur for my monk.

I would have preferred that the scars to not be tied to a particular color fur but i guess that for now, technicals limitations and time are the issue.

Still a long way to go to be on par with the others races but it’s encouraging to see that we are not forgotten.

4 Likes

It makes me wonder if the new Worgen fur colors might be cut customization options from Shadowlands that initially went unused due to the original limitation of how every Worgen customization option had to be linked with a Human one (REALLY glad they managed to fully separate Worgen form and human form customization).

Scars as their own options was an idea that came relatively late in development of Shadowlands, which is a fact that could explain why the scars are baked into the Worgen fur color options instead of the scars being a separate option. It may or may not be possible to separate the scars from any fur color textures depending on the source files and their availability.

There are a number of customization options that were intended to be rolled out for Shadowlands that never made it in, including some that were shown off at Blizzcon 2019 like proper brown eyes for Humans, eye shape options for Humans, and a body/face paint color for Trolls.

There may be other technical reasons for not having scars as a separate option as Dracthyr completely lack any scar options at all, though for the Dracthyr the current lack of scars could have been just a time constraint due to all of the other art assets that needed to be made at the time.

I personally hope they are exploring the idea of expanding scar options to all playable races, especially with the blind eye options now being available to all races.

I do remember that 2- 3 fur colors didn’t make it to Shadowland maybe it’s these ones?

Honestly, i would like to speak with the art team and ask them why some seemingly ready character customization options didn’t make it into the game (among other things)
If it’s technical, it would explain a lot of thing.

It is lovely we received something, but from a customization perspective i really hope the next time they will focus things like customizable tails, manes and more straight up wolf like ears, snout options and etc.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not that we don’t like it, it’s just we want options to not look like different colored versions of the same thing.

3 Likes

Makes me sad that Diablo 4 werewolves don’t have tails when in Diablo 2 they did.

I think Blizzard really has something against wolf people from having tails.

4 Likes

Its kind of dumb it should be optional no matter what. But then again Blizzard lazy.

1 Like

Well, blizz aren’t known for offering options at all, hope that will change with time.

A up to remind everyone of our wishes for new options.

Also when Blizzard will release the Demon Hunter class for the worgens:
https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Halveria_Darkraven
https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Halveria_Darkraven_(hero)
https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Wallflower_Halveria

Can we also have her hairstyles from Hearthstone?

2 Likes

“Hey Blizz! Can worgen have more customization options?”

“Best we can do is make human form like the visage Dracthyr have.”

2 Likes

This sounds like blizz

1 Like

Blizz is notorious for being half arsed sadly. They give the players what they want but yet mess it up at the same time. Void elves being a prime example. People were passionately asking for high elves but in the end, we got void elves. The normal looking pigments came later.

It’s the same damn thing with worgen. Next patch we are getting 5 new skin tones. One being a bluish-black color and another one a scarred variant. I am all for more worgen customization however… We had asked for solid black color (think like the highmountain/tauren’s black fur options) and for scars to be a togglable feature instead of tied to a particular skin.

It’s highly frustrating.

8 Likes

Just curious. How many of you guys using any of the new skins we got on Tuesday?

I looked at them and I think they don’t look that great tbh :frowning:

1 Like

While it’s nice we got SOME new things, the new things aren’t really worth while… like the solid “black” color they gave is more of a dark blue. Would love it if we could get solid gray or ya know, a actual solid black. More solid colors would be the easiest thing ever and super appreciated.

1 Like

Yup… Been saying we wanted that the whole time. Good reference for the black furs are the tauren/highmountain black furs. Give worgen that color!

3 Likes