Worgen are the greatest 8.2.5 addition

Okay, my Worgen now has these extra wicked looking claws, which even give a racial bonus to skinning speed, but I still cannot transmog weapons into “Worgen claws”, but instead have to pull out some random fist weapons or whatever to attack with. Come on, Blizzard! Let Worgen transmog weapons (at least one handers) to their claws, complete with slashing sounds!

It’s no different than the weirdos who preferred the old ugly models that were updated back for WoD, such as the old Draenei and Blood Elf models and cried on the forums about that when universally they were well received by the majority of the playerbase. No different than Worgen, Majority of Worgen and Non-Worgen players like these models far better than the old, but weirdos need to always find something to nitpick and complain about

I am really happy for you OP. I might actually level a Worgen now. They truly are gorgeous.

And geez, that was one ugly portrait!

Not to be one of those classic guys, but I have been converted to the old model preference. The body is a downgrade, losing lots of cool animations sucks, but it’s nice not bouncing while running, and my god the faces are so varied! I would gladly exchange facial animations for just nice high quality, unique faces. I keep getting excited about character concepts, and so far 3 out of 3 times I’ve been utterly disappointed trying to translate them to retail.

New models are awesome, but I totally respect those who prefer the old ones.

The heads of both male and female are grade “A” upgrade. The bodies I think are not. There are actualy technical problems with them, and some subjective problems. On the males, some of the old animations have problems now where they did not before (like ‘sit’, watch the ankles) or are worse. The body structure is improved in some ways, and worse in others. The waistline was adjusted, badly, in Legion and not fixed in these updates and made slightly worse… the beltline is far too high and the lower torso is stuck, rigid, doesn’t bend or twist at all which causes a ‘constipated’ look to a bunch of the animations.

The texture placements on the legs are messed up, especially on the male worgen. It’s easiest to see on the Warbear woolies. This causes the texture-based armors to have some weird, undesireable looks, paricularly on the buttocks… which, since is what we stare at while playing, is annoying.

The female chest is made a triangular shape, with the placement of the breasts at an odd location, seems like too ‘high’ for the shape. It’s funny to point out, sure. It looks like suction cups attached to a chest at the wrong spot.

The waist on the female is completely flat. There’s no contour to the front of the thigh at the hip, and there’s no contour to the lower-torso. The previous roundness of stomach was un-done too much and now just looks strange from the side or front angle. Additionally, the right thigh is different from the left thigh… the right-front thigh is actually concave. It’s hard to see that, but it shows a mistake in the design. On the LEFT thigh, go into running-wild with a leg armor on that has a vertically-oriented straight-line component. The left thigh rotates forward differently from the right and actually collapses the hip area pretty badly.

The legs on both male and female swing outward while the buttocks and lower torso flex very little back-or-forth in the running animations, which causes that ‘stick up the butt’ look.

Anyway… It’s detail stuff, but its noticeable detail stuff, some of it previously not a problem, newly created, and some of it things the old models had that I assumed would be fixed in an update. It’s fine, I just had higher expectations than the result. The work is better overall, the heads are a great improvment.

1 Like