Worgen are the greatest 8.2.5 addition

I’m on the side that they botched the males up pretty hard. Those teeth and that run cycle. WTF were they thinking? I’m getting flash backs to male night elves all over again.

3 Likes

They look like they’re slipping on ice when they run, it’s so bad

1 Like

I’m surprised at how many people think the male run animation is bad. We are of course entitled to our opinions, but the old run was horrible and so derpy looking.
The run now is so aggressive, I like it a lot, especially from the side.

I also like the brighter eye colors, the red really stands out on my rogue.
I just wish the fur had darker options, like black, instead of a dark gray, and that the facial hair and ears weren’t linked together. I think I like only two maybe three of the combos, and then it’s I like the ears but hate the facial hair or vise versa.
I’m going to happily level my rogue again though, it’s been awhile. :smiley:

The new run animation took a little getting used to, but it fits. They move like fleet-footed hunters.

The faces look good, the females still have the wrong facial structure imo but I knew they couldn’t change that much. Wish the eyes were closer together, smaller cheekbones, longer muzzle.

I reeeeeeally dislike the female run, it looks so stiff like two sticks just swinging straight forward and straight back. Also find their attack animations stiff. Didn’t check male animations. Overall improvement for sure, but still didn’t quite hit the mark for me.

3 Likes

I really like the new Worgen. Finally HD models and no flailing arms for spells.

As I look at some fem worgen profiles, is it just me or did their heads get bigger? Seems out of proportion with their body.

Okay, playing in the dressing room at least, casters look WAY better and the run doesn’t bother me with a robe on. My long held dreams of having a worglock might actually come to fruition! Duskwood here I come. =p

The run animations for the males would look alright if they were moving about 2x faster… the problem is that the hopping-look to the run is what digitigrade running looks like at a flat-out sprint, but the characters at ‘running’ speed are not sprinting.

It’s like they’re running on a treadmill that’s moving faster than the ground movement as they run.

Also, male waist area is totally screwed, including the UV texture placements.

Have a character sit down, and watch the ankle area of the foot during the sit… there’s a bunch of animations like that now.

Also:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/male-worgen-leg-textures/311416/3

Really? I honestly couldnt tell the difference.

I really like how they look now. Still helmet invisible lol.

I am not happy with the change to my female worgen, she runs like something is stuck up her bum. Face doesn’t look wolfish anymore, and was really hoping to be able to have solid white color.

So much feels…

I made a new Worgen on release day, problem was I never made it out of the starting area because Sylvanas was bugged during the battle of Gilneas lol

The new worgen models are awesome!

However, the males have the two non-glowing eye options reversed from what their human form has. The yellow-eyed worgen model has a blue-eyed human model, and the blue-eyed worgen model has a yellow-eyed human model.

Seems like an oversight, I hope they swap them around.

I have been playing since Panda and have never felt the need to post on the forums until now. The Worgen female looks are not too bad but sadly I’ve lost my legendary snarl. Anyway I can live with the face change but the run is terrible.

Don’t even know a word to describe how bad the female run is now. From the back I look like a mechstrider or frog or something, it’s awkward, ugly and it’s horrid!

Probably never feel the need to post again unless it’s to say thank you for changing the run back.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, that’s still bugged 9 years later.

2 Likes

Yeah, the new worgen models look nice.

new head model is beautiful but i hate run animation :c

1 Like

I’m surprised there are some people who prefer the old models.