Wod was the best pvp expansion ever

This is what i found in General Discussion

Post: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/i-cant-believe-people-are-saying-wod-is-better-than-bfa/253214

89 Likes

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL LUUUUUUUUUL OMEGALUL LULW KEK TOPKEK LMFAO LEL

wod had literally good gearing system and pvp was at least not as dumb as it is today.

For PvE player it might be the worst xpac but looking at PvP it was actually quite decent when mid/late season 17 did hit

24 Likes

I didn’t have a problem with PvP in WoD. Other than Ashran but that was a minor annoyance compared to today.

11 Likes

you must be trolling… it was only turbos and frozen chicken

3 Likes

Bro arcane rmx existed too, and feroh/mongery

1 Like

holy ptsd…

i prefer fight turbo all day than rmd currently

7 Likes
  • Scripted gameplay
  • Pruning started
  • Turbo
  • H pal godcomp
  • Frozen chicken
  • RMD
  • Arcane mages
  • Survival/bm hunters in 2s
  • Marks hunter died
  • FLS/WLS
  • Disc priest aka saving grace design
  • Combat rogues
  • One shot potential disappeared in bgs
  • Kick botting

idk what expansion did u play

6 Likes

The were vendors, pvp gear scaled up and doing 3 rbgs guarenteed gear so there was participation. You saw more comps too. Hunters were still ranged… not saying it qas the best but definitely better than bfa. Dont forget the season 1 warrior elite gear is stoll the best set theyve ever made.

6 Likes

The only good thing in wod were vendors, everything else sucked

and we had vendors in bc/wotlk/cata/mop

also one shot potential disappeared in bgs cuz of scaling, that’s less fun

1 Like

Idk what expansion you played if you preferably play the current version of this game than wod.

most of the things you just listed got a lot worse in BFA and continued from this point so don’t know how you’d call bfa better

12 Likes

I never said that, what i am saying is the game was dumb as it is today, not less

Dont get me wrong, im not saying it was best but it was better. Fire mages werent as ramptant, frost mages still had deep freeze, warriors were still fun to play.

1 Like

Wod was a terrible pvp expansion doesn’t matter if wod had vendors or was not pruned at legion/bfa level, was still terrible

2 Likes

The game was also dumb when boomkins were healing almost as much as resto druids in MoP, when mages could snap you in 1 deepfreeze when hunters oneshotted you, when warriors were broken when rdruids had access to iceblock and so on yet MoP was the best xpac and I also think this way. You can call many things broken in a xpac as whole but looking overall at wod the pvp was actually decent when you compare to abominations like Legion and BFA

15 Likes

Idk it had a lot of issues but I really liked wod

13 Likes

WoD was better than BfA has been.

WoD

• exponentially better class design
  • pvp gearing system arguably the best yet
  • alt friendly

BfA

• more content
19 Likes

Wod was 2nd best pvp expac behind MoP.

Edit: WoD season 3 was 2nd best pvp season behind s15

3 Likes

Wrath s7
Wrath s8
Cata s11

laugh on this

8 Likes

Couldn’t you play double healer in wrath, pretty sure that’s how mes got wrathful glad, double healer dk…

1 Like