WoD Style Gearing

2400 | 2100 | 1800 | 1600 | 1400

246 | 240 | 236 | 230 | 227 BASE

259 | 253 | 249 | 243 | 240 “WoD style gearing LuL”

259 | 259 | 259 | 259 | 259 WoD Style Gearing

27 Likes

Basically, no, it’s not WoD style gearing. It’s the same PvP gearing they’ve been using only now it’s worse for PvE but will basically keep you above anything you can get from it.

It still goes up in increments and is still probably tied to rating.

Talk about a bait and switch

14 Likes

I call it a parlor trick haha!

WoD gearing will be in 9.1, didn’t you see the one line quote from Bliz in an interview months ago? It’s a sure thing.

Source: 2 people in this forum who post on multiple characters

3 Likes

It’s Blizzard’s game. They could give everyone item level 10 clown outfits and call it WoD “style” gearing if they want to.

10 Likes

I felt the same way, but then they showed that PVP gear is better than PVE gear in PVP.
As in, Duelist gear would be 233, if this system was used in Season 1.

I kinda see what they’re doing.
I’m kind of indifferent to this change TBH.

It’s whatever, my only gripe is what happens when you run into a mythic raider out in the world in your full 2100 pvp gear? lol

Whisper: ‘If we were inside some form of pvp content you would totally be dead, pal!’

WOD “style” gear instantly scaled when pvp combat was initiated. I’m not sure how it will work with warmode, however. It will either always be on (probably not) or scale when pvp combat is initiated.

2 Likes

It’s garbage.

Boo blizzard, boooo to you.

7 Likes

In that case, my gripes are gone entirely. lol I guess to be fully honest, while I haven’t been PVPing long, I have played this game since BC–every new patch there’s stuff that sucks and stuff that doesn’t. You sort of just learn to accept that if you like playing WoW it comes with tiers of negativity and tears of positive changes.

The irony is when Blizzard seems to remove things that are universally loved (such as reforging). But, in all my years playing, changing xmog to being a thing instead of having to carry ‘in town gear’ around in your bags so you don’t look like an absolute dumpster clown in mismatched gear was maybe the crowning achievement of the entire MMO.

Warmode is included.

1 Like

Yeah gear should be scaled up if you have warmode on.

Good system I’m not bothered by the changes. Only thing is pve gear should downscale for pvp content.

3 Likes

They should just bring back resil, or entirely take vers out of PVE gear tables, so mythic geared PVE players queuing BGs to lul2shot new toons get dumpstered by 197ilvl players.

4 Likes

did I miss something here? was there more info on this release or are we just screaming at the sky

this gearing system is worse.

so basically all of us in pvp gear are going to log in on patch day and be in worse gear than the day before.

7 Likes

There was a Blue post in the PTR forum yesterday where they mawsplained it to us.

Why are people happy with this? WoD style gear was great because there was no rating attached to gear, and it was fairly easy to get a full set of conquest gear to be on-par with top PvPers.

The problem with PvP gearing right now, is that it takes FOREVER to gear up a fresh alt when there’s 12-13 ranks of tier upgrades to get. There’s also an immense power gap between each bracket (being decked out in 220 for being 1800 gives you a massive advantage over someone decked out in 213 when they’re 1785). Neither of these issues are solved by this.

All that this SL take on WoD style gearing does is make it more difficult for PvPers to get into PvE and PvEers to get into PvP.

The problem with gearing right now is the immense range of item levels that exist between gear levels, and the associated power with that. A person with at 1800+ with full Rival gear will always stomp on someone in 1600 Challenger gear. The full item level PvP set being unlocked at a single rating bracket (1400, 1600, 1800, 2100) amplifies this problem, because there is a very large power gap between each bracket.

I could care less if the 1% mythic raiders felt the need to grind out PvP ranks during the first couple weeks of mythic progression. That’s hardly a significant portion of the playerbase. Besides, we have the Valor point system back, where they can grind out their weapon upgrades that way.

Basically this. Absolutely none of the problems with PvP gearing are solved by this change.

14 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-item-levels-in-chains-of-domination/937788

Nobody escapes the bad gearing system.

this is a big sourpoint. on patch day every pvper is going to log in and be 6 ilvl weaker. sure we will be stronger in pvp, but that doesn’t matter. we already dunk on pvers because of the versatility. the problem is the ilvl gaps in pvp between pvpers, which this change does nothing to solve.

what is really happening is the devs are trying to pull a fast one on us, they have made a change that helps only one group: pvers who feel compelled to pvp, and does nothing for any of the pvpers. then they sell it to the pvpers as the “WoD style gearing” that we requested.

this is not what we requested. and when in wow’s history have they nerfed a class of player? pvpers are getting nerfed as a whole group of players overall.

8 Likes