Witch Doctor class

Seeing the Witch Doctor’s Fetish Frame and Guard in the Trading Post today reminded me of how much I would have loved an actual Witch Doctor class (especially for my Troll toon). Specializations could be leech healing (damage to enemies heals players), enemy debuffing (increase magic damage, slow casting, reduce armor, etc.), fetish and/or magic word spell damage. Affliction warlock is somewhat like one, but only part way there. Not likely to happen, but can fantasize about it.

3 Likes

The witch doctor is more or less represented by the shaman class. :thinking:

5 Likes

Actually,that would be an interesting new class but not borrowing the same spells as other spell casting ones.

2 Likes

We really don’t need new classes

Why is that? give the trolls something new and exciting to play. what’s wrong with that?

Because the devs can’t get the acceptable balance quota to %5. Specs rankings is currently 35%. A new class would just mess the current game meta more.

Well,I have to agree on that considering but if it were different than any other class that could change that.

The priest class was originally meant to represent every race’s religious preferences without having to make a class for each.

A new class would just worsen it.

That would only happen with dungeon and raid metas not the whole of player game play.

Sometimes you have to shack the tree to get to the good fruit.

Affects PvE and PvP in all forms. The only way to not care is by being a casual who just have fun playing the collector and doing LFR. Which is not a wrong way to enjoy the game, but blizzard isn’t aiming to please that demography when it comes to adding class.

Maybe they should,they could if they would.

I’m all for new classes! I’m also down for specific races having unique class specs (even if only cosmetic) like Witch Doctor for Trolls, or Mad Scientist for Forsaken.

Oh! What set is that? It looks like a better color version of Krag’wa Executor from Dec. Trading Post.

1 Like

I would have liked them to add witch doctor talents as one of the new priest hero talent trees.

This idea is just a subclass of the shaman and a combo of a warlock and shaman. I like the idea of adding an extra spec to some classes like they’ve done with Dracthyr, but adding new classes at this point is redundant. This company wasn’t even able to keep up with balancing classes before they added DKs, but then when MOP came around it got out of their control when they added monks in, and it’s just been becoming more obvious since then.

I think tinker and alchemist are the two reasonable classes I am waiting for.

1 Like

Shamans should have had witch doctor instead of resto.

Shaman. Except with pets instead of totems. I’d play that. It’s not really needed though. But I’d play it.

The last thing we need is more classes stealing from Shaman.

We need

• Raining frogs that pop and slow enemies
  • Poison darts
  • Shrink enemies that decreases there damage and movement speed
  • Voodoo doll that we can attach to one enemy and adds more affects to them with it
  • Maybe voodoo doll pet(s)?
2 Likes