Wishlist for Hunters

I wasnt trying to compare destro and the proposed MM change in terms of defensives. I was mostly comparing the control you would ask for, like having bursting shot be an aoe stun (shadowfury), scatter trap (coil), tar trap toot (conflag), etc. Just so many DRs, on one class would be gross.

Legion MM had bursting shot be a fear DR and it was a cancer mechanic to just be guaranteed a fear trap by urself.

1 Like

First we gotta nerf spirit bond then we can talk buffs.

Spirit bond is awful ROFL

3 Likes

Psure itā€™s a troll lol

My god, can you imagine the salt I could mine in the Great Seal with Sliver of Nā€™zoth and an aoe stun-knock?
:woozy_face::ok_hand::smoking:

1 Like

@Tass

Marks is hurting but if they get a 4 sec aoe stun on a 24 sec CD, scatter and trap need to share DR otherwise weā€™d have too much. A stun, disorient, and incap all on low CD would be insane

All for entrapment back for all specs tho

2 Likes

I already get spam rage whispers for knocking ppl off the seal during duels.

2 Likes

Oh yeah would love that passive back that heals you when you had killed something as survival.

This^
A lot of requests for changes for next expansion, but for this one, if they changed around BMā€™s abilities fundamentally I think weā€™d be okay, above mentioned + Kill command needs to be better than SV Kill Command, since itā€™s an original BM ability, needs to be buffed and nature damage, not physical.

Seeing as when Iā€™m ā€œsilencedā€ Iā€™m locked out from using Kill command, it doesnā€™t make sense that itā€™s physical damage. Explain that one blizzard.

I believe the rational is that if the hunter is silenced he cant give the command to his pet. Then again a true hunter uses hand signals without alarming their prey without voice cues. Soā€¦yeah explain that one Blizzard.

this used to exist back in MoP before 5.2 when they put Trap+scatter on the same DR tables

This was with old traps but we didnā€™t have a stun lol

Iā€™m all for having scatter trapping in general and old trapping itā€™s just going to be silly without everything else adjusted

Cant tell if troll

Every thread Tassili (one of only 3 of us left in the entire US), throws out some suggestions, you all call him ridiculous and say his suggestions are bad, yet in every thread yaā€™ll have yet to actually counter-suggest a reasonably possible fix to MM.

1. The are no revamps, the next 6 months can only be a bandaid until the next expac.
  2. You cannot change the general nature of how it works in PvE because they wonā€™t do that.
  3. We all know the BEST change for arena is massive nerfs to DH, DK, Arms, Lock, Mage, Rog, Guardian Tankability/avoidance/healing. However this will not happen during this expac and you all know it.

Offer up your fixes to MM to how you think the worst DPS spec in the game can be brought to Tier 1 or 2, because I donā€™t think you understand how hard MM gets trashed on by melee cleaves to think adding a stun, and a scatter trap will instantly make them the most insane dps in the game.

Watching Jellybeans try MM and just get rolled into a turtle without any CC on his healer by every melee cleave unable to get away for more than 3 seconds and just die in a single ranged focus kick makes me believe you guys have no idea how far behind this spec is in desperate need of band-aids until real fixes can (possibly) be implemented in Shadowlands.

1 Like

For real, the only reason i am even able to survive the worst brainlet melee cleave in the 2.1-2.2k bracket is because i had mecha card and urchin which provided me enough self healing to survive their constant pressure and uneending mini stuns and stops, as for unstopable physical damage mentioned by dillion, they are just like casters but cant be kicked. Dt rapidfire has so much counterplay that anyone with a brain can see it coming, if you blow your target drop like FD or your stun for random reasons, you deserve to be chunked by it.

This is how i win as marks vs some of the highest lvl of player. i do a ton of damage, my spec is not known, idiots think that if they get off me when im 30% and they are 30% an go hide behind a pillar then they will stand a better chance, in reality if you just stayed on me and use kidney or affixate or something then i would die a lot faster than you, esp if you use it when im mid cast or channeling. after rapidfire all marks has for damage is arcane shots, running behind a pillar does nothing but stall to let me get rapidfire back or my cc chain for your healer to come off dr. the spec is bad an i only win due to exploiting the lack of knowledge against it, mostly baiting people with adapt so they focus me an not my healer.

Not even trying to hate here Dilly but to add on to what Tassili just said, I once watched a game between us through a VOD to try and find ways to improve. Literal quote from you when the game started was

ā€œHeā€™s a marksman hunter, if heā€™s on me Iā€™ll just FD the Double Tap rapid fire, if heā€™s on you we just stun/cc it with anything and we canā€™t lose.ā€

A stun and no longer having full partner reliance just to CC isnā€™t going to make us meta. Weā€™ll still flop in a single melee cleave stun with a full mana healer. It will just allow us to actually be able to punish infinite mobility melee chewing our faces off with 100% uptime and no way to deal with the incoming damage.

I think hunters have the easiest ways to abuse oppossing MM hunters, since stuff like intim, feign, or even meld can be useful for interrupting a rapid fire used properly out of LoS but the issue with the spec arenā€™t going to be fixed in an xpac honestly, it needs massive reworks but also the suggestions he made are pretty unrealistic to happen anyways so itā€™s all pointless

Obviously I know the counterplays to the specs and itā€™s flaws but I can also imagine if say every one of those things were implemented how to just abuse the spec in a really toxic way, by making it pmuch impossible for a lot of classes to ever deal with your damage too

Iā€™m for having roots and scatter off trap DR for example but there also just needs to be other changes in the spec, and I still think massive bandaids can make things feel really silly too (like Legion MM for example)

I personally just think theyā€™ve entirely ruined the class when it comes to ranged hunters and everything needs to be reworked from the ground up or reverted, but Iā€™m also cautious of changes that while it might improve a spec, could just leave another class with poor design and tons of gimmicks which I feel we have too many of

Iā€™m generally in favor of bug fixes or making other classes much more vulnerable to death though which I think would vastly improve the strength of every hunter spec anyways

2 Likes

Which Iā€™m in TOTAL agreement with, straight up. But letā€™s be reasonable here, itā€™s not going to happen. Asking 6 classes to be changed in the last major .X patch leading into a new expansion isnā€™t going to happen.

So basically thereā€™s 2 options here. Leave MM as one of the worst specs to ever be in PvP for literally an entire expansion (which is incredibly rare), or give it bandaids to help it deal with the army of unkillable melee/rm/lock gods tanking, healing, dodging everything many of which is passive.

I know you love SV, but many donā€™t. I think itā€™s a bit messed up to just say ā€œbandaids are bad, continue being trash for 6-8 more months until MAYBE it changesā€ because we might actually be able to tool some of the melee out there with said bandaids.

This whole expansion has been ruled almost 98% of gimmicky wheelchair specs winning on gimmicks and not being punished. Iā€™m just asking for MM to be given a few bandaids to be T2 and have a chance at holding these specs responsible for their mistakes even if weā€™re still in a position to have to play better.

1 Like

Would like it if the pet could not easily get swatted to death, mend pet feels like a bad meme when the pet is getting trained. A complete liability.

I get the concept of band aid fixes, but when you completely outplay a destro lock and still lose because you cant play your toon, some changes are warranted, and killing dhs feels next to impossible. Regardless if we ever see these or any other changes in the future I have always like playing hunter and enjoy the hunter community

1 Like

Yeah but I think my point also is I donā€™t think any of these bandaids can happen either, I actually do truly think the best they can do is just hopefully make people happy and make it better in the future by a complete rework because I donā€™t even expect a bandaid since even the suggestions made are things I could never see happening. Reworking honor talents when theyā€™ve already dropped 8.3, clearly havenā€™t given much attention to PvP in general anyways all xpac so I just donā€™t see where the hope in fixing MM is