Wish we had an Eldritch Knight class

The archetypal Eldritch Knight combines the martial mastery common to all fighters with a careful study of magic. Eldritch Knights use magical techniques similar to those practiced by wizards. They focus their study on two of the eight schools of magic: abjuration and evocation. Abjuration spells grant an Eldritch Knight additional protection in battle, and evocation spells deal damage to many foes at once, extending the fighter’s reach in combat. These knights learn a comparatively small number of spells, committing them to memory instead of keeping them in a spellbook.

I like Magic Knights. Death Knights don’t really scratch that itch.

Basically enhancement shaman in this game. Though i wouldn’t rule it out for the future. With evoker (basically sorcerer) they seem interested in visiting some DnD tropes the game is missing.

But my vote is for a bard. Ranged support dps/melee dps/ healer.

An actual arcane fighter would be pretty awesome.

1 Like

It sounds like you want DKs, but not flavored as a DK?

Yea, after posting I was thinking “Enhancement Shaman is probably as close as I can get that Blizzard will allow.”

DK, paladin except instead of necromantic death or faith based holy light. Arcane magic. Like I’d marry Warrior and Mage if I could.

Like, using arcane barrier magic. Massive Two-handed weaponry which runes etched to help in spell casting. Engrave magic circles that enhance yourself and your party as you stay inside it.

I know, it’s stupid and I’m pretty much describing Death Knight. Still I can’t help the way I feel.

Yeah, pretty sure. Didn’t say it was 100% what the OP was looking for. It’s as close as they can get though.

What Id like is MORE options in the talent tree so we can go in more directions…maybe whatever this is youre talking about could just fit into a tweaked DK spec without having to make an entirely new class that would likely get ignored.

Maybe? I don’t know, I wouldn’t even know where to begin on how to translate DK abilities to my ideal Magic Knight. Don’t think even Class skins could fix it.

1 Like

i think they should make a magic knight sorcerer tinker ninja. he can make mech suits and throw bombs but also do magic. and he can hit people with his sword to heal them. while casting spells and using plate armor

I know its coming from a dnd thing.

But calling arcane eldritch annoys me haha

1 Like

I mean I probably wouldn’t call it Eldritch Knight in WoW, it’s just the name of the class from DnD.

1 Like

Honestly, Im FOR new interesting classes…BUT…they cant even keep what we have working right half the time. So many threads in here about class/specs being ignored that I just dont know if they should add more until they get what they have balanced on a monthly basis.

There’s paladins as well. Though I guess you’re looking for the spookier type.

Not even spooky. Just, Paladins have that whole zealous devout faith crusader thing going and I just don’t want that for a theme. More a Warrior scholar who is a master of combat that augments himself with arcane magic.

He wants to play a battle mage basically

Like a martial artist with a philosophy degree from NYU that becomes a cooler at a road house?

I guess?

… I have no idea how to respond to this.

easy. ROAD HOUSE!

shrug
Road House.