Winterspring: Alliance or Horde?

The Forsaken have a track record for biochemical weapons of mass destruction and other warcrimes including that concentration camp place in Hilsbrad or bringing people back through necromancy.

Mostly though, it comes down to the blight and forcefully ressurecting people that were better off dead.

There is no reason to bolster Forsaken ranks if many reclaimed in undeath have severe shock and self-loathing as well as being perversely utilized as psychological scapegoats or leverage.

Enter Caelia Menethil and Derek Proudmoore.

I’m sure they’d rather go rest in peace with either the mysterious Light final destination or join the Kyrians in the Shadowlands rather than the Necrolords or any mortal agency utilising necromancy…

So your solution to dealing with Forsaken claims is genocide. The remaining Forsaken don’t even have the ability to raise people as far we know, as that was only possible with Sylvanas’ val’kyr. The use of Blight is also most likely off the table, since the Horde had officially banned its use years ago, and it only continued because of Sylvanas’ leadership. You’re advocating for wiping out the historical residents of Lordaeron because they get in your way, which happens to be the rationale that Sylvanas used to keep the Forsaken in line whenever they had moral qualms with her methods. “Don’t trust the humans, they just want to kill you and take Lordaeron for themselves, and what claim has Stormwind to these lands over Lordaeron’s own people?” It’d make for interesting storytelling, sure, but it’d also knock the Alliance off the moral high ground. Is that what you want?

There are Forsaken characters in game who miss Undercity and Tirisfal, because they considered it home. There are Forsaken civilians who just wanted to be left alone to go about their unlives as they see fit. Sylvanas didn’t ask them when she blighted the city, and Lilian Voss, the current leader of the Forsaken, wants vengeance against Sylvanas. Who are the Alliance to tell them that they should just roll over and die?

By the way, Calia and Derek don’t advocate for that either. Calia wants to help the undead cope and find peace with their current condition so that they can continue on “living,” not so they can help themselves back into the grave.

Their actions, (Forsaken) towards humans left behind by is pretty awful. Deathcamp in Hilsbrad? Sure that’s legit.

Forcible ressurecting of human farmers and townspeople in Silverpine? Yeah, that’s ok to fill in for the Lich King, why not?

The use of blight against the Darkshore refugees of Teldrassil.? Yeah that’s ok to do…

Give the Forsaken floating acropoles cities in Kalimdor where Go’el can keep them under control. WITHOUT using blight/creep/corruption. They’re methods are if not evil to you, assuredly perverse to everyone else.

They cannibalise corpses too, while we’re at it. If that doesn’t scream monster nation I don’t know what would.

That death camp in Hillsbrad was run by a rogue warden who was acting against Sylvanas’ authority and imprisoned one of her apothecaries to prevent word of his actions from getting back to her. Horde players kill him and deliver his head to the apothecary so that he can show Sylvanas that the traitor has been dealt with. I’m not disputing that Sylvanas’ government committed atrocities, but that particular instance is not a good example.

Sounds like you take issue with Sylvanas’ government. Fortunately, the Horde is already rounding up and imprisoning loyalists who refuse to repent. I’m all in favor of investigations and trials to identify and punish Forsaken war criminals in the interest of peace. That doesn’t change the fact that there are still plenty of Forsaken who didn’t directly take part in those war crimes, who didn’t approve of the use of the val’kyr, who didn’t have any input into the development of the Blight or the decision to use it. The Forsaken have civilians, just like every other nation in the game, and those civilians lost their homes. They’re visible all over Orgrimmar right now as refugees. Lilian wants to help them, and that means not living somewhere as hot and dry as Orgrimmar. You suggested wiping them out instead. That’s genocide.

The Forsaken have never made use of necropolises. Necropolises are Scourge tech inspired by Nerubian architecture. That’s not to say that the Forsaken are incapable of building floating fortresses, but they’ve never done so before, preferring to move troops and goods either by zeppelin or by naval vessel, and building a Forsaken city would be new territory and a large undertaking. I could just as easily say that the living humans of Lordaeron should build a floating city and park it over Westfall.

Right, THOSE forsaken that detracted from the blight and bomb war crimes, free them up and let them use the Necropoles.

The genocidal perverse ones, please be aware that Tyrande-Elune is hunting them. Best to just hand them over.

It’s been awhile since I played Horde. I wasn’t aware of that mad doctor camp being a splinter group.

I was just saying that Sylvanas did have a royal guard and apothecary society and that they are responsible for using chemical weapons of mass destruction against both Horde and Alliance.

As for the Sanleyn and other former Scourge evil beings allowed to join the Forsaken… - it’s dangerously close to emulating a known world evil: Nerzhul and then now this Jailor person.

The Forsaken NEED to base out of Northrend and Naxxramus to begin the transition for many recently freed Scourge either to eliminate them or facilitate their entry into Forsaken ranks. WITHOUT Sylvanases’ influence.

Form a council of former Scourge Deathknights NOT affiliated with the Knights of the Ebon Blade or something to assist Lillian Voss in regional governance of their own floating Necropoles and necromantic control to stem the invasion of the Scourge.

Again, the Forsaken have never used necropolises. Why would they want to emulate Scourge technology and Nerubian architecture? The necropolises are a associated with their suffering under the Scourge. No, they don’t need to go to Northrend, as the Scourge running all over the place once the Helm of Domination is broken are feral. We’ve seen no indication that they are intelligent enough to be reasoned with, and the elimination of said feral Scourge is being led by the Argent Crusade, who already have bases in Northrend. The Ebon Blade are also involved in the fight against the Scourge. As for necromantic controls, Lilian Voss values free will and has a history of assassinating necromancers who violate it. She was also disgusted with Sylvanas’ attempts to violate it in BfA. She would never approve of the Forsaken using necromancy to control people.

Lilian wants the Forsaken to resettle in Tirisfal because it is their home, and because the cool and damp conditions are better for them than the heat of Orgrimmar. Calia is officially acting as an advisor to Lilian at the moment and considers the Forsaken part of the people of Lordaeron. Is the Alliance going to just ignore Calia’s opinion?

I’ve been thinking about it and if the Horde Council is sincere about establishing good will towards the Night Elves as we saw in Shadows Rising, it’d make sense for them to abandon any claim to all land north of the Barrens and Stonetalon, with the exception of Azshara.

1 Like

Well, there are the farmsteads in WP, in between Hearthglen and Andorhal. I’m not sure if they’re canonically taken over by the Forsaken or not but they don’t seam to be affiliated with the Argents there.

1 Like

Yes, of course, I was mentally including the farmsteads in the living civilians who stayed category, though I wrote Tirisfal when I should have included the Plaguelands, my bad. I have no idea if any of them are still there, because I don’t know if we’ve had any updates on how they’re doing since Cataclysm. The Forsaken were certainly trying to get rid of living farmers in Cata, but the Forsaken presence in Western Plaguelands wasn’t nearly as strong as in Tirisfal, and the relatively close proximity of both the Argent Crusade and the Cenarion Circle as well as the Alliance presence at Chillwind may have shielded the farmsteads a bit. In any case, those farmers were not very numerous and were generally civilians, and I was pointing out that there really weren’t any large numbers of old Lordaeron survivors remaining in the region that could be be recruited into the Alliance military force. Even if the farmsteads are still intact, the number of people living on them would be quite small compared to the towns.

what about the mourners the alliance killed in winterspring

1 Like

This wouldn’t even necessarily need to be hostile. The Horde could directly invite the Night Elves to clear out the damage Gallywix did to Azshara, given the Horde might imagine it could give the Night Elves some catharsis from demolishing Gallywix’s Pleasure Palace. The Bilgewater probably don’t want to touch the place themselves any way. They know what’s been done there.

1 Like

I figure the best course of action to remove border tension as much as possible would be for the horde to remove the Azshara/Ashenvale bridge, and then terraform/build up a huge fortification behind the current Morishan Ramparts.

Leave the land just behind the current ramparts as no man’s land so that neither side can use Warsong gulch to sneak behind the other’s defenses.

Then terraform out the valley leading to Ashenvale from Stonetalon.

Once the Barrens/Ashenvale border is the only land route to the inner horde lands, there’s less inherent threat to the Horde, and therefore less reason to want to take Ashenvale. Allow travel of merchants and whatnot when times are relatively peaceful, and give card carrying Cenarians passage even when times are bad.