Wintergrasp Removal strawpoll

That’s why I made this poll there’s gonna be some that love it and some that hate it.

it needs to be retired until bliz solves the absolutely redonk disparity in win ratio between offense and defense

just wasting players’ time

2 Likes

I assume you mean love playing WG on Defense.

3 Likes

Tomato, tomahto.

You do realize you get a fraction of xp for epics as randoms right? Mouseover the brackets and read the tooltip. It’s only like 1300 xp for an epic bg.

I know this is an EBG thread but please remove that seething shore first…
That map is simply unendurable

2 Likes

If they want a map with vehicles, I say remove winter grasp and bring back the one where each side attacks the shrine and the fastest team wins. Forgot the name of it, but was a hell of a lot better than this one!

2 Likes

Rather than remove it, I want them to do SOMETHING to it. I don’t care if it’s one simple thing like always give the offense the back 2 workshops, or just lower the vehicles of the defense, or just decrease the wall health. Something. Anything. One thing. At least give people hope that someone is looking at the damn BG. Even if it doesn’t fix the balance, DO SOMETHING.

1 Like

Honestly, almost all of the “epic” battlegrounds aren’t actually PvP focused. Most of them are PvE races. It’s pretty ridiculous and there is nothing epic about both factions ignoring one another and racing to try and kill the enemy leader first.

1 Like

I say fix it or remove it. They either need to make it so the O can win, or make it a 10 min match. I loved the original, and I still think this can be a good EBG, but it’s hard to justify a 40 min loss on O to a 15 min deserter debuff.

I actually thought this would be an easy fix for bliz, and they never addressed it.

But the other day the horde chased me down and killed me, so its now pvp. But than after i rez’d i was able to run from the cave in AV to Drekk, so there’s that.

I did not know that thank you. Another reason I was doing epic BG’s is to get as much honor points as can you get those quicker from the epic battlegrounds.

When this poll is done, I was gonna make one about that one. But it takes lots of feedback and lots of votes for Blizzard to even pay any attention to this.

2 Likes

You know… here is another thing they could do… make the walls targetable by players! Even if you could only do 1/10th damage to them, at least players on foot could try to knock down the walls as well.

1 Like

Are you sure you know what a tomato is? If you’ve ever played WG on Offense, and I’m not sure you have, you’d know its a complete waste of 45 minutes as the loss is 95% assured.

It’s wonderful when you get D and win, but WG O is a complete and utter waste of time for all involved.

3 Likes

I think you should post this poll over on the WoW reddit, I’m sure it would get a lot more eyes/attention :popcorn:

To be fair, it’s boring even on defense. 30-40 minutes of driving around an empty map, with almost no PvP (due to offense team going into hiding/giving up).

There really should be another win condition other than “wait for the timer to expire”… maybe a “vote to surrender” option for the offense side? Or game instantly ends when 3 towers are down? I don’t know, but anything to shorten our time in there would be nice.

This is true AV used to be a long drawn out till the end now it’s a race to see who can do it under 10 minutes.

Wintergrasp for me has got too many vehicles the chances that you get killed by an actual player slim to none.

Oh yeah. No debate. Offense is horrific. I afk out of every O I get. Spend 15 minutes doing anything else.

That being said…that sweet sweet D.

Either way, WG is terrible. It’s only halfway enjoyable on D because you know a win is probably involved.

They need to go back and rethink win conditions for a lot of BG’s. So many of them go on much longer than they should because of a multitude of reasons.

Good news for you: If offensive side is cooperate enough to just let defend destroy towers, it only lasts 30mins!

30 minutes in a (almost) guaranteed loss is still a waste.