Wings of Liberty (Avenging Leap) NEW ON PTR

Yes. Or you’d avoid faster-activating Sigils, specifically, and short-jump so mobs would catch back up before the explosion.

Of course, if you’d die if not for getting out, you just got out, but that’s the rare case. Normally, Inf would become “Free SoF w/ jump”.

The physical damage is so light that it’s pretty well irrelevant, but you will use it on large bosses you’d have to enter the hitbox of in order to jump out rotationally, between AAs, before Charging back for the Rage spike from Charge.

Harpoon is the worst example, of course, of this kind of interaction. You’re pretty well forced to use it on cooldown just to sustain your Focus (basically Energy) rate, and you may actually alter your rotation slightly to make best use of it rather than holding it for your rotation.

1 Like

yes you used infernal strike to drop sigil back in sl. now leap doesnt grant sigil since flame sigil got buffed to a extreme amount in df. but we still use leap as a filler dps in big packs.

read above post. if infernal leap still dropped a sigil of flame you would use leap on cd

If you want Consecration to be a large burst of damage on a long cooldown, that would indeed change things.

However I do see a fix that allows you to utilize both Avenging Leap and Consecration.

Charges.

Give Consecration 1 (or more) charge, allow Avenging Leap or Consecration to use one charge. Refreshes at 20 seconds.

Ultimately, when you look at thing at their broadest view, the specs/builds with the most damage-constrained mobility really just become a constraint for the overall party. They want to use their mobility on CD, which means you all, as a party, want to be ready to get value out of that mobility when/where it can come, up until the point where the opportunity costs the others face exceed what’s gained from that spec/build.

That in turn will ultimately mean that certain builds/specs will like others of similar frequency and extent of whatever utility use cases they can adapt to / fit with, so that synergy is maximized / anti-synergy is minimized / yada yada.

Granted, that’s the tip-top of min-maxing at that point, so increasingly irrelevant to the discussion here, but it starts with that sort of bundled utility.

As Arms, for instance, my defensive (along with any BoPs that can be given) is also the tank’s defensive. As a Bear, my movement CD is the party’s movement CD. That much is pretty obvious. But also if my party has a caster, my shared mobility CD is their uptime which is ultimately… my/our/Legion’s damage. And, deeper still, my damage+mobility skills are something the party is then enticed to keep up with unless that mobility so exceeds their own capacities that it’d just go to waste. ¯\__(ツ)_/¯

This would change things, so long as Leap and Consecration share the same opportunity cost. I.e., make them both GCD, or neither. Else we’re back to Leap being a superior Consecration that you ought to save one charge for so long as you’d get value out of that Consec, which retain sync constraints.

Granted, we’d damn well want Leap to be oGCD, which means making both oGCD, at which point… why not just leave them separate, so you don’t waste Consecration any time you Leap in with at least one charge left but would rather save Consecration for the AoE starting some ~8 seconds later?

I’d say just reduce the duration on Leap-Consecration to make up for the GCD’s difference, but, as pointed out by myself and then Luthorion, the PvP value would be in the immediacy of its utility, and it’d only need a couple seconds to see significant value, so the easy tuning tweaks just… aren’t terribly relevant/applicable in this case.

• Again, the biggest issue comes from the difficulty in balancing its best-case value (doable almost only in PvE) against its typical value. Else we could compensate for the constraint, siphoning off some throughput power from the rest of the kit to make WoL more flavorful with little trouble overall. But that just doesn’t really work here, for this spec, across those very different contexts.

Honestly you could just take them both off the GCD.

It’s not hard-burst, just a damage cooldown. That said I heard somewhere that Leap has a stun/blind combo? I might be wrong, but if that’s the case it won’t be off-GCD.

Not seeing anything like that atm.

Seeing a few listings (mostly of the exact same thing), with the main one pointed out being the direct copy from Heroic Leap (oGCD, 45s), but with reduced range. None with any blind/stun, though.