Wings of Liberty (Avenging Leap) NEW ON PTR

In case you are seeing it here first:

Wings of Liberty
8-30 yd range
45 sec cooldown

Leap through the air toward a target location, slamming down with destructive force to deal physical damage to all enemies within 8 yards.

WE FINALLY HAVE AN INSTANT GAP CLOSER FOR RETRIBUTION PALADINS!

Hopefully my thread on “Avenging Leap” had at least a small influence on seeing this ability implemented. It only makes sense after seeing Turalyon, Liadrin and Yrel LEAP.

Thank you very much to Blizzard, Holinka and Kaivax and everyone who helped support attention to the original thread! This comes from a lifelong ret main since BC, the single greatest WoW news I have ever heard!

20 Likes

Are you trolling? xD
I was on a few hours ago and i don’t remember seeing anything like this.

3 Likes

Is that actually real?

I wish holy would get that too man. Really wish that would go in the class tree but at least it is here. Holy moly.

But can you confirm this? If you’re trolling that is really annoying

2 Likes

I am not trolling!

Saw this ability by name datamined on the PTR. Lvladen and Valkemen have tweeted out more information about this spell on Twitter as well!

So far it checks out!

1 Like

Oh my god dude that’s insane. Are they finally actually doing this?

Your thread definitely would’ve had an impact btw. I think it’s clear they are reading at least a little in here considering this is where they posted about the ret rework coming and not in the 10.0.7 ptr forum.

3 Likes

Well it’s not on the PTR, i’ve just checked.

Maybe someone has been staying too long into the Light?
Feeling light-headed? xD

7 Likes

It’s datamined, which means it isn’t on ptr yet.

It also means it isn’t fully confirmed, but it -does- confirm it is something blizzard is trying.

2 Likes

Hm, I would prefer a charge mechanic than a heroic leap mechanic but I’ll take it (thinking back to being kited by spellcasters in arenas).

Nice.

2 Likes

It’s not in the datamined stuff from last night, i’ve just checked.

If it’s from last week, then the chances are really low that anything there is still on the table.

If it was yesterday then sure, but they aren’t. xD

I would wait until the trees and new talents and/or abilities are actually confirmed before getting excited.

2 Likes

I am seeing some talk about it elsewhere so it’s definitely around.

Just for people coming in keep in mind this is just freshly datamined so it isn’t confirmed. It does confirm devs are testing it out but doesn’t confirm we will actually get it

2 Likes

For example for yesterday’s datamined stuff, we have LAOTL back.
20% speed increase for Judgment for 5 seconds duration.

So that’s more likely than the leap as it’s more recent.

Judgment Judges the target, dealing (57.06% of Spell power) Holy damage
Greater Judgment
and causing them to take 20% increased damage from your next Holy Power ability
Protection, Retribution
Generates 1 Holy Power.

• NEW Effect #2 Apply Aura: Increase Run Speed %: Modifies Damage/Healing Done
    Value: 20

Duration changed from 0 ms to 5 sec

4 Likes

Just because you are unable to find it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Click “ptr” there. The leap is more recent, was 4 hours ago.

4 Likes

I didn’t say it doesn’t exist, i said:

Dude GTFO…

Am I freaking having a fever dream???

An actual legit a GAP CLOSER for paladins. No freaking way…

You know I noticed “wings of liberty” last night reading the datamined notes and thought nothing of it.

Sweet Metzen let this be real.

6 Likes

Okay, this thread was made 10 minutes ago. I think it’s clear it isn’t about last nights datamining. It’s about todays that wowhead hasn’t posted yet. Anyway, I posted it for you so take a look if you want it’s pretty fresh, 4 hours ago or so.

2 Likes

It was in last night’s data mining, I read it. I just didn’t think anything of it.

1 Like

I don’t see it in last nights but I do see it from todays. Could’ve missed it though

1 Like

I did, looks nice af.

But how do you know it’s from 4h ago?

I remember i read the name Wings of Liberty last night as well, but the description was something else.

Edit: Found what i saw:

Consecrates the land beneath you, causing [(5% of Attack power) * ceil12] Holy damage over 12 sec to enemies who enter the area

Was basically describing consecration… so ofc i didn’t give a damn. lmao

Let’s just hope it’s baseline like other gap.closers melee have like DG, charge, FSK, off the top of my head

1 Like